test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Coughing...

daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
Why is the Ensign Security Officer in the bar area of Starbase 39 choking to death???

That's one hell of a cough she's got!
:o
STO Member since February 2009.
I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comments

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I figured it was just me, smelling funny... she only seems to start hacking up a lung when I walk through...
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    If you stop to notice, most npcs on stations will actually stop every once and a while and start coughing. It's really noticeable on DS9. My theory is that in the future, all the space travel and more advanced medicine has weakened our immune systems. (Or the devs might have just programmed the npcs to do random emotes every once and a while, but it broke so now they only cough.)
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    It's probably a sign of the Rhakghoul plague.

Or an error in the animation system after the recent backend changes?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    It's probably a sign of the Rhakghoul plague.
    I understood that reference (and it's "Rakghoul")!

And they don't just cough. They tend to come near you, invade your personal space and cough ON you.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Why is the Ensign Security Officer in the bar area of Starbase 39 choking to death???

That's one hell of a cough she's got!
    :o

Funny you should mention this Davey, I was thinking the same thing running missions on SB39. You can hear her cough echo through practically the entire station. Other NPCs when they cough on stations do it silently. I just assumed it was part of a mission that maybe didn't make the cut, but the NPCs were left in...cough and all.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the direction you're facing has a lot to do with how loud NPCs are.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I just noticed today when I accidentally turned off my space suit at the fleet mine that now we actually cough with sound instead of that silent choke we were doing.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Been ruining past these NPCs a couple of times myself, thinking "theses bugs nowadays, next thing you know, a special mission pops up telling you to aid those poor fellas with tissues and what not" ;)
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Ummm... doing my Rich Dilithium runs today, and was seeing it there too. Audio in full effect... 0.o?

I never noticed npcs out in tge field before... unless it were players doing it at the time... very weird.
  • Options
    atctexx#9688 atctexx Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I noticed on mining dil today when I logged on. I logged out without going back inside so when I came back today I was outside in my suit, not turned on. Started hacking and coughing.