test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The older Q's are dead - need a new Event Q for rep marks for Aoy toons

Please Devs add an event Q where we can pick rewards for any rep that we want. It is very hard to do the rep on 9 different reps for new characters under the current system. Going everywhere for battlezones, spawning missions, etc. Some of the older stuff is dead. How are we to efficiently acquire marks? A Q'd mission that lets us pick any rep mark reward is called for given all the new AOY

Comments

• commandersolacecommandersolace Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    There is a mission that award all mark types (except for temporal) called Temporal Marauders. Sadly its only available via private rooms
    Solace.png
    "I'd be delighted to offer advice on women. When I have some I'll let you know..." - Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    There is a mission that award all mark types (except for temporal) called Temporal Marauders. Sadly its only available via private rooms

Does not help most people as getting a private going repeatedly is hard. Given the launch of so many new toons, a special Q that rewards any marks of choice is definitely called for.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Really? I never heard of that. If it doesn't have temporal marks, I'm guessing it came out before AoY? I find it odd that Cryptic would put a queue only for private teams.

Edit: After looking it up, I feel stupid. I only knew of it as the Na'kuhl red alerts. I noticed they were gone after the event, but just didn't realize you could still do them in private lobbies.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I kinda agree in a way with the sentiment of this, but not in the same way. Basically I think ti is short sighted to add in these reps to the game that are content largely, but then not implement expansions to these reps that keep them relevant an alive. Though I will also say that the large amount of stf-ques we have that are just not used is bad as well, mostly since this shows a huge degree of dev-created/generated content being neglected.

To me it would be better to do several things to keep the ques more actives, and the reps more relevant, as well as make for more players retention largely overall. First would be to slim down on the number of stfs we have que-able in the public ques to consolidating the population into these, while also then rotating these public que line-ups on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule. This would keep content a bit more fluid, as well as fresher, while allowing the players to experience more of the stf-content that get pushed out by the higher payout stfs like Infected space an cca.

Now I would also say that around a fourth or halfway thru the expansions we should see some/all of the reputations get a bit of story progression, as well as maybe even updates to them adding new items/projects to their line-ups. I mean The forces these reps were created to deal with are not gone, so it would be interesting to see what is going on with these groups. Though you could also add missions that are linked with these reps that could have you go into the different stfs, or even a group of stfs completing them, and then when handed in might give you both a large payout of marks/dill alongside a box that contains many items (might even have some unique items for the rep that it is tied to.).
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Nice to know that Nakuhl can still be accessed over lobby, thx 4 info.

As far as mark needs are concerned I’m really relaxed with the temporal recruits. If they get sponsorship tokens only 625 marks of each type are required. 250 marks of each type we get for hitting lvl 50. I think we get over 600 of choice by finding the probes in the story missions but would need to check on the exact number. For those that participated in the Delta Recruitment event pls don’t forget to grab those acc rewards for the new recruit as well. Not all marks are offered there but most are and it’s another 845 of choice which can be distributed over the reps.

Borg and Tholian marks are a joke to get over the queues. Romulan isn’t that hard either. Think getting the reps to tier 5 on the new toons is not much of an undertaking under current conditions.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited July 2016
    asuran14 wrote: »
    I kinda agree in a way with the sentiment of this, but not in the same way. Basically I think ti is short sighted to add in these reps to the game that are content largely, but then not implement expansions to these reps that keep them relevant an alive. Though I will also say that the large amount of stf-ques we have that are just not used is bad as well, mostly since this shows a huge degree of dev-created/generated content being neglected.

To me it would be better to do several things to keep the ques more actives, and the reps more relevant, as well as make for more players retention largely overall. First would be to slim down on the number of stfs we have que-able in the public ques to consolidating the population into these, while also then rotating these public que line-ups on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule. This would keep content a bit more fluid, as well as fresher, while allowing the players to experience more of the stf-content that get pushed out by the higher payout stfs like Infected space an cca.

Now I would also say that around a fourth or halfway thru the expansions we should see some/all of the reputations get a bit of story progression, as well as maybe even updates to them adding new items/projects to their line-ups. I mean The forces these reps were created to deal with are not gone, so it would be interesting to see what is going on with these groups. Though you could also add missions that are linked with these reps that could have you go into the different stfs, or even a group of stfs completing them, and then when handed in might give you both a large payout of marks/dill alongside a box that contains many items (might even have some unique items for the rep that it is tied to.).

I have not gotten a single mark from collecting temporal probes in the story missions. I also did not get any marks for hitting level 50. Has anyone else?
  • velimattialavelimattiala Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    I have not gotten a single mark from collecting temporal probes in the story missions. I also did not get any marks for hitting level 50. Has anyone else?

You have to claim them, like other progression rewards. Double-click on the temporal comm thingy in your inventory.

edited July 2016

You have to claim them, like other progression rewards. Double-click on the temporal comm thingy in your inventory.

Ok I will try that. Thanks. Still would like one featured Q'd mission to run that rewards any marks.
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    Most of the reps have some kind of open adventure or battle zone where you can get marks solo:

Omega: Defera
    Romulan: New Romulus
    Nukara: Nukara Prime
    Dyson: Voth ground battle zone
    Undine: Undine space battle zone
    Delta: Kobali Prime, Delta quadrant patrols
    Terran: Badlands
    Temporal: Badlands

Defera is super slow to get Omega marks, so you're better off grinding ISA but that still pops regularly because it's the standard candle for DPS measurement. The really crappy one is Iconian, since aside from queues the only place to get those marks is the last 2 missions on Kobali Prime. I'd use your Temporal Agent rewards first on Iconian, then Delta because that can be slow going too. Aside from Temporal Agent rewards, you can wait for a Crystalline Cataclysm or Mirror Invasion event where you can choose your reward. Cashing in summer birds/monkeys and winter epohhs also works. And don't forget you can have your main create a sponsorship token for 100 marks that halves the amount your alt needs to progress through the rep.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg

Got them. Thanks again. Unfortunately, try as I might I can't find the one on Kuvah'Magh - looked over the whole map. even got the 7k xp bonus for saving all the colonists and the accolade. The map is new, the embassy is new location. but found the old one at the top of the hill with the extra colonist lying on the ground. Still no beacon to be found.
  • skrapnelskrapnel Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Please Devs add an event Q where we can pick rewards for any rep that we want. It is very hard to do the rep on 9 different reps for new characters under the current system. Going everywhere for battlezones, spawning missions, etc. Some of the older stuff is dead. How are we to efficiently acquire marks? A Q'd mission that lets us pick any rep mark reward is called for given all the new AOY

You could be getting marks for everything by raising birds and monkeys and selling them for marks at Risa.... that is what I have been doing to catch up.
  • velimattialavelimattiala Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Unfortunately, try as I might I can't find the one on Kuvah'Magh - looked over the whole map. even got the 7k xp bonus for saving all the colonists and the accolade. The map is new, the embassy is new location. but found the old one at the top of the hill with the extra colonist lying on the ground. Still no beacon to be found.

Took me a long time too. Finally found at the edge of map, behind and the left of starting point behind a tree :trollface:
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    If you completed the Delta recruit stuff you can have your Temporal recruit use the rewards from Delta.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Q's generally don't die. And when they do, it's none of our business as they most likely wanted to die in such cases.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I support the idea of adding more content/maps where there is more choice of mark reward.

But I challenge the assertion that the queues are dead. Some maps are not popular. But there's enough active maps out there to cover your needs for every rep right now. BUT, like I said, I support the idea of adding more as it would help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User

Got them. Thanks again. Unfortunately, try as I might I can't find the one on Kuvah'Magh - looked over the whole map. even got the 7k xp bonus for saving all the colonists and the accolade. The map is new, the embassy is new location. but found the old one at the top of the hill with the extra colonist lying on the ground. Still no beacon to be found.

Yeah, that one is about the only probe I had to actively hunt for. I found mine down by the beam in point, up a hill, by a tree. That was after clearing everything else out up to before entering the embassy.

Most of the others I literally stumbled over going to a mission objective or were just off the path I was taking.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Most types of marks are easily obtained without queues. here is my list:

Nukara: Tholian Red Alert

Omega: Borg Red Alert

Dyson: Just do the 2 minute long Supply mission in the Sphere

Delta: Do a Patrol or one of the last two Kobali Prime missions (comes with Elite marks too)

Iconian: Kobali Prime, last two (+ Elite marks)

Romulan: Tholian Red Alert or just a Patrol in Tau Dewa

Terran and Undine: clearing one objective in the Battlezones on your own is enough for the daily bonus, and not really a challenge, since spawns scale to players in the immediate area

Temporal: my Temporal Agent is swimming in them because I always chose them as a reward for probes and such, otherwise Battlezone apparently

To get the new rep on my older chars I usually hope for an CE event or something else that is short and has a choice of marks, or right now - Raising Birds on Risa (haben't checked the account rewards for the new Temporal event, but there are probably marks too claim as well)

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    My just started TOS Temporal Recruit (waited until Wednesday to start running Missions), finished the TOS Missions and visited Philip Gray. Claimed all the Delta Rewards. Lots of Marks, Fleet Marks, Dilithium. I only ran the 'Stranded in Space' (first) Mission of the 25th Century so far and I am already at Level 26.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Thanks for the input. Accessing the rewards with the contact helps. I did not know about that system as I never did a delta toon. Still my biggest gripe is having to go far afield for all the marks. This was not so bad with 3 or 4 reps. But having/wanting to do 9 reps now from scratch is getting ridiculous.

Dev's please make a mission where we can pick any Rep mark reward we want. You can even give a lower reward in that mission and higher in the original areas/missions so that they don't become complete ghost zones/missions. It is a bit deceptive to say a mission offers a 'choice' of marks when the choice is really just 2 - Rep or fleet marks. That is hardly much of a choice when there are 10 things to get. 9 reps and fleet marks.
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Soon. Soon when it's cold we will all on cue join the queue for the event hosted by Q.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    One suggestion, that has been made often, is to allow us to start a mission with 3 or 4 players. For some queues this could make an important difference in that we'll be able to play them more often.

And it's not like most missions require a team that consists of 5 players. In fact, some missions might even be better playable if you don't have a full team.
    You need things like the Na'kuhl Red Alert or Events like the Crystalline Event or the other ones (Breach, Mirror, Shuttle) running. My last Delta Recruit to do Reputations did all eight at once, sponsored, last month. Between those, the Tholian and Borg Red Alerts, and the Kobali Ground Zone, all eight were easy to do in just a bit over 20 days. Just run the Reps you need to keep five or six days ahead (I used 200 Marks as the base trigger point for a Reputation) and you won't be running yourself ragged.

Don't forget the Battlezones to spice things up.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    One Mark type to rule them, and in the darkness bind them!

Delta patrols should give choice of Delta or Iconian marks as the Iconians where the ones behind the war in the delta qaudrant.

And the same for ground and space zones in the Dyson Sphere, the Iconians were behind that too.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    So, make Iconian Marks the "universal" Mark because Iconians are behind everything in STO. I like this idea.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Well according to the Tribble Patch Notes from today, the Na'kuhl Red Alerts are back permanently and will be rotated every 10 to 15 minutes with the other Quadrant appropriate Red Alerts.

Come to think about it, didn't we run into Tholians in the Alpha Quadrant with the first two Missions of the Future Proof Arc. Say that justifies adding Tholian Red Alerts to Alpha as well.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    What am I doing differently? I reached level 50 and had no issue getting enough marks for pretty much everything.

For starters you get 250 marks for every reputation upon reaching lvl 50.

Temporal marks - 250 (reward for reaching lvl 50) + around 1000 (from temporal probes) = 1250 marks (fully repped without hitting the queue.)

Omega - You can get all the reputation marks you need for this in one day from the ISA, KSA, CSA. Infact you could probably fully rep in an hour. 250(reward) + 130(ISA and daily) + 85(KSA) + 85(CSA) + 75(ISA) = 625 (all the rep you need)

Nukara - Just run Crystalline Entity once every day for three days. 250(reward) + 130 + 130 + 130 = 640 marks

Romulan - Do a Tholian red alert once a day for five days. 250(reward) + 80 + 80 + 80 + 80 + 80 = 650 marks

Dyson - Dyson Sphere Battle zone gives massive rewards and you should be able to fully rep in one day there.

Iconian - Gates of Grethor pops regularly. As long as you don't have a rubbish team you should get 120 marks per run.

Delta - These will take the longest - just do a delta quadrant patrol a day for 7 days. If you've got a decent build though, you could always do Battle of Korfez, which pops about every 1-2 mins.

Terran - Do one objective on the map for 60 marks. Repeat for 7 days. Should take about 5 mins every day.

Undine - Undine Assault Advanced pops regularly (1-2mins) and can give you 250+ undine marks a day.

If you had a delta toon, even better. Collect the Delta event reputation mark rewards and use them.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse