test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beating my head against the Ship Interior wall...

turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
I know no one really cares about Ship Interiors on the art team, I'm sure there's those who wish they'd never been created in the first place and would like nothing more than for them to cease to exist, I know it's probably more enjoyable to create new bridges to tease players into buying lock box and lobi ships than to work on old free or C-Store bridges...

I know all of this, but I have to say what I will say anyway... Please, for the love of Latinum, please, someone - if nothing else, no 'increased functionality' or anything like that - go in and fix the bridge officer nodes on the Federation bridges, they've gotten way too out of hand lately. It doesn't seem like there's an unbroken bridge in existence anymore; officers are facing away from wall consoles and pressing buttons in midair, officers are sitting or standing half-embedded in the floor, they're visibly floating above stations instead of sitting at them, they're even sitting in midair INSIDE consoles instead of at the chair for the stations...
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...

Comments

• Options
    rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I know no one really cares about Ship Interiors on the art team, I'm sure there's those who wish they'd never been created in the first place and would like nothing more than for them to cease to exist, I know it's probably more enjoyable to create new bridges to tease players into buying lock box and lobi ships than to work on old free or C-Store bridges...

I know all of this, but I have to say what I will say anyway... Please, for the love of Latinum, please, someone - if nothing else, no 'increased functionality' or anything like that - go in and fix the bridge officer nodes on the Federation bridges, they've gotten way too out of hand lately. It doesn't seem like there's an unbroken bridge in existence anymore; officers are facing away from wall consoles and pressing buttons in midair, officers are sitting or standing half-embedded in the floor, they're visibly floating above stations instead of sitting at them, they're even sitting in midair INSIDE consoles instead of at the chair for the stations...

i've noticed this myself as of late...
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    I thinks it's more of a general issue we're facing. Since AoY a lot of NPC animations/behavior went very wonky so things going crazy on bridges is just another symptom of a greater problem.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The way the devs have explained it, there are no "bridge officer nodes." The boffs are just placed standing in a given position and set to perform an emote for sitting or pushing buttons or whatever. And since the map designer has no way of knowing what size or shape the boff that ends up occupying that position will be...it's understandably impossible to perfectly position them in advance.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    The way the devs have explained it, there are no "bridge officer nodes." The boffs are just placed standing in a given position and set to perform an emote for sitting or pushing buttons or whatever. And since the map designer has no way of knowing what size or shape the boff that ends up occupying that position will be...it's understandably impossible to perfectly position them in advance.

We're not talking about Gorn made Ra'wiq-huge or some alien shrunk down to the size of a First Federation race, those would be understandable. These are usually untouched (except for uniforms) starter BOffs - Flores, T'Vrell, Zarva, Kolez, etc. - and generic crew NPCs that are suddenly severely out of place despite previously (previously being pre-AoY, it seems) being in the right places.

Besides, it's easier to say 'bridge officer nodes' than 'those places on the bridge where the game randomly places BOffs and NPCs at stations'.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...