test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Liberated Borg Captain questions

madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
I'm returning from a long break from the game. I noticed that the game skill tree has changed drastically.

I was wondering if anything changed in respect to the race traits of liberated borg? Before I left their traits were pretty much unnoticeable. Has the skill revamp changed the value of the borg efficiency trait or any others?

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    efficiency is useful for counteracting power drain. The ground trait is pretty nice in terms of regen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cdrshepardcdrshepard Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    efficiency is useful for counteracting power drain. The ground trait is pretty nice in terms of regen.

Any chance you can elaborate on efficiency? I just made my first liberated borg captain and the trait seems to only ad 2 points to subsystem power at power level 25 and nothing else. And a boff with efficiency adds nothing. Both of which seem bad.
  • azuries#1043 azuries Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    2 points is better than nothing but it stacks with captain skills, buffs, gear stats etc, I was gonna make one but as an engineer my weapon and shield strength rarely drop below 100 even with FaW and all beans and the rest of my stats stay between 50 and 70 without aux is gets close to 100 when skills kick in.

When power drains are used on you efficient kicks in good, especially against Borg and herald I think. It has its uses and you can save a point or do in the skill tree.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    efficiency is useful for counteracting power drain.
    Drain expertise counteracts power drain. Warp core efficiency boosts your power levels when they're low. So at most it may very indirectly counteract power drain, but is not the standard definition of WCE.

"This skill provides additional subsystem power to any subsystem that is set below 75. The bonus starts at zero when your subsystem target is set at 75 and scales up to +10 when your subsystem target is set at 15.

+0 to +10 Subsystem Power, based on Subsystem Target"

Edit: I have a liberated borg character. The+10% Health Regeneration and +6% Shield Regeneration probably come in more handy on the ground than the +30 WCE in space, but combined with WCE in your spec it will give you some extra power in low subsystem levels, but nothing too significant, especially with the all the different ways to get power these days.

Post edited by protoneous on
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    An important thing to note about efficiency is that it is based on target power not current power. Very handy for ships with singularity cores.