What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier X/Fleet Tier X

What's the difference, please?

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    More hit points and a console slot I believe?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    In fact, let me expand on the question. What's the difference between Fleet stuff and non-fleet stuff?
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    saladinbob wrote: »
    In fact, let me expand on the question. What's the difference between Fleet stuff and non-fleet stuff?

Fleet gear was originally the only way to get ultra rare gear, but different holdings also have unique consoles you can't get anywhere else, like the vulnerability locators
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    A little more detail:

Between Tier X and Fleet Tier X starships, the fleet variants have +10% shield capacity and hull strengths, and an extra console slot over the "non fleet" variant.

Otherwise, each holding had a "trick" to them. The "original" starbase was, as mentioned earlier, the place for ultra rare gears, both space components and ground gears and since the warp/singularity core mechanic released with dil mines, those went there along with engineering consoles - most beloved for certain cruiser builds are the armor with turn bonuses as well.

The Embassy has the (once) "must have" science consoles that modify threat and add plasma procs to all weapon shots, somewhat replaced (especially amongst science officers) with the Research Lab's "dual science bonus" consoles. The Spire has the other "must have" console set, specifically the tactical ones that give the same damage bonus as regular consoles but also increase either crit hit rate or severity.

The rest are "slightly stronger than normal" versions of the regular gear, on a par with crafted or reputation stuffs...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    And to throw more confusion in the mix, some C-Store ships are Fleet level right out of the box >:)

You can tell if they're fleet level right away by seeing if it has 11 console slots or not.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    And to throw more confusion in the mix, some C-Store ships are Fleet level right out of the box >:)

You can tell if they're fleet level right away by seeing if it has 11 console slots or not.

Great. So how do I know if the C-Store Ship I'm flying is in that category? It's not listed in the fleet ship requisitions. Also, what are Fleet Marks and how do I get them?

• Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    saladinbob wrote: »

Great. So how do I know if the C-Store Ship I'm flying is in that category? It's not listed in the fleet ship requisitions.

Well... count the console slots on your ship, I guess... and if there is no fleet equivalent to replace it with, and she's a T5/T6... I'd suggest it was at fleet level already... although I'm no expert.
    Also, what are Fleet Marks and how do I get them?

PVE queues reward them and you can also get some as benefits from the Delta Rising and Temporal Agent recruit's work, I believe.
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    You also need to spend them on fleet holdings to get fleet credit which is what you actually use to buy fleet gear. You can get credit via other methods, such as donating doffs, dil and various commodities to fleet projects though. There should still be a guide in the NoPPS thread linked in my sig about it.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    For ships,
    Fleet ships are purchased with fleet modules, and are per character, not an account unlock. A fleet ship has higher hull, and an extra console slot, but doesn't come with the special console that the regular ship comes with, or it's level 5 trait. If you have the C-Store ship, then the fleet version only costs one fleet module. (It usually costs the same in zen to get the c-store ship + 1 fleet module as to get the fleet modules for the fleet ship.)
  • Options
    velimattialavelimattiala Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »
    For ships,
    Fleet ships are purchased with fleet modules, and are per character, not an account unlock

That's the biggest distinction. While some C-Store ships are statistically on the same level, a proper fleet ship is only purchasable with Fleet ship modules, and also requires your fleet to have a Shipyard(Starbase) of sufficient tier: not all fleet ships unlock at once.