test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug: Posting links to Official forum threads in game triggers ban warning.

gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
Bug: Posting links to Official forum threads in game triggers a perma ban warning now.

I tried linking a friend to my kelvin tribble thread in game so they could make one of their own and I got some TRIBBLE warning about a ban for linking the OFFICIAL STO FORUMS.

this was in a PRIVATE TELL.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."

Comments

• Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Bump. Tested it myself, also with a STO forums link, got a warning from System chat.
    [System] [ChatBlacklist] Please refrain from posting links to prohibited sites for any reason. Further violations will result in a permanent ban from the game.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    it may be in an attempt to block unlawful seller scams they have blocked all posts containing a web page link regardless of what it is along with the perma ban warning, try just describing the rout to the page in future by saying go to sto site - click on forums for example or maybe tell them to simply try searching on google.
    whether this is intentional or just a bug I don't know and don't intend to try finding out.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    [
    it may be in an attempt to block unlawful seller scams they have blocked all posts containing a web page link regardless of what it is along with the perma ban warning, try just describing the rout to the page in future by saying go to sto site - click on forums for example or maybe tell them to simply try searching on google.
    whether this is intentional or just a bug I don't know and don't intend to try finding out.

Theres a reddit warning about this now, it seems Cryptic has had a major TRIBBLE up/software failure. it seems to be banning ALL sites.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Well, have you seen what goes on in these forums? It's probably for the best.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options

LMAO but stay on topic so we can get a dev to look at this thread.

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I would normally say bugs don't belong in this section, but I think something that can lead to an unwarranted ban should have the maximum exposure possible, let's try to keep this on the first page until they sort this out.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I would normally say bugs don't belong in this section, but I think something that can lead to an unwarranted ban should have the maximum exposure possible, let's try to keep this on the first page until they sort this out.

Agreed, this is why I posted it here.

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Reddit, youtube, the official forums links, all banned. I'd steer clear of posting links until that filter gets fixed so it's not so trigger happy.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2016

And would it really kill them to grep on the URL found, and notice it's their own site?! This is stupid.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User

Agreed. I am glad action is being taken to preserve a fun and safe environment for all.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options

Agreed. I am glad action is being taken to preserve a fun and safe environment for all.

Yeah, no. Getting banned over having had the audacity to link to their own forums, is *not* fun for all.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    when did this start? I linked a couple things just a day or so ago and saw youtube links the same day.
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Apparently, it's www that makes game act weird. Typed just www among other chat without any other indication to link and still got a warning that I'd stop posting prohibited sites. Meanwhile imgur link without www part worked fine.
  • Options
    unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    when did this start? I linked a couple things just a day or so ago and saw youtube links the same day.

I posted a youtube link 18 hours ago and I get no warning. I posted a link to pastebin 30mins ago and I got the ban warning. So guess it started just recently. At least 1 person i know got the ban imidiatelly after the warning. So their chat filter has gone north korea now. When can we expect the anti aircraft cannons for execution?
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    if ya gotta go, go with a big kaboom
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I continue to enjoy people posting bugs in a forum with the sticky posted "Bug Reporting - Not in this subforum" post.

Still has anyone done testing on the variety of common sites and which sites trigger warnings?
    Post edited by thekodanarmada#7342 on
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Thanks for the information OP. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    The ban bot today:

Tee_Black_dde66686-0266-4387-be55-cfd8b1523137.png?v=1467283342
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    lucho80 wrote: »
    The ban bot today:

LOL. "Exterminate!"
    Post edited by meimeitoo on
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    The ban bot today:

On what website can I find that awesome t-shirt??
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Google is your friend.

https://www.google.com/search?q=its+r2d2+i+loved+him+in+star+trek

(Just remember, don't share that link in game!)
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    bergins wrote: »
    Google is your friend.

https://www.google.com/search?q=its+r2d2+i+loved+him+in+star+trek

(Just remember, don't share that link in game!)

Don't see that particular one, I'll have to look a bit more when I get home, thanks though!
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
  • Options

Awesome, thanks!
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just look at what group posting here praises the Forum Bans. The Forever Contrarians for the Sake of Being Contrary.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Just look at what group posting here praises the Forum Bans. The Forever Contrarians for the Sake of Being Contrary.

Theres a forum ban bug now?

• Options
    gradii wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

Theres a forum ban bug now?

Quoth the Forum:
    We're investigating users being auto-banned due to link posts. Please be sure to contact our support team - support.arcgames.com