test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How can I get in touch with Trendy, or any moderator?

I need to ask PWLaughingTrendy a question (for practical reasons) about somebody she banned. I've tried sending a PM and I've tried leaving a message on her profile "wall", but haven't had any response (the last attempt was 5 days ago so I assume she just hasn't seen it). How can I get in contact with her? I tried PMing Jodarkrider and asking her to pass on a message, but then realised Jodarkrider hasn't in fact been on the forum for a week. Trendy, if you see this, please respond :)

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Trendy isn't really around much anymore since she got promoted a few weeks ago.

Try messaging @wakeupparamour.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Was your message written in Lizard-ish? :p
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    What job did she get promoted to, anyway? She's awesome.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    wombat140 wrote: »
    I need to ask PWLaughingTrendy a question (for practical reasons) about somebody she banned. I've tried sending a PM and I've tried leaving a message on her profile "wall", but haven't had any response (the last attempt was 5 days ago so I assume she just hasn't seen it). How can I get in contact with her? I tried PMing Jodarkrider and asking her to pass on a message, but then realised Jodarkrider hasn't in fact been on the forum for a week. Trendy, if you see this, please respond :)
    @Jodarkrider is a woman?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Trendy got promoted from Community Manager to Senior Community Manager.
    It may just be little more than a title change as far as her responsibilities go, more work ontop what she does and an assistant apparently. Just speculating.
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    @Jodarkrider is a woman?
    No idea, but there are times when saying "them" makes the sentence harder to follow so you have to guess.

I'm assuming the reference to @wakeupparamour is a joke, since I'm getting "User not found" when I look them up? I did notice a while ago that there was a posting from a user by that name and then there seemed to be some kind of scuffle, but I never got around to looking to see what was going on.

• thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    wombat140 wrote:
    A certain fleet were being particularly and cunningly provoking.

I'm going to require elaboration on this point. How is any fleet responsible for another's actions?
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Response is going to be something like "for privacy reasons, we cannot discuss the moderation of any user with anyone other than the moderated user"
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited July 2016
    Fair enough, but it's worth trying. KodanArmada: I was simply trying to make the point that the banned person in question doesn't normally cause trouble.

(edit: banned person's name censored just in case that's somehow against the "naming and shaming" rules.)
    Post edited by wombat140 on
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Discussing moderation is a direct ToS violation, a moderator or CMs decision is final and not up to debate. I don't think you get anything out of this aside from maybe getting flak yourself.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Discussing moderation is a direct ToS violation, a moderator or CMs decision is final and not up to debate. I don't think you get anything out of this aside from maybe getting flak yourself.

OP doesn't seem to get parole process at all if he thinks an argument like "he was proviked" works after a decision, instead of owning the mistake and remorsefully apologizing. Bans aren't exactly frequently handed down, so the circumstances clearly warranted it.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    OP doesn't seem to get parole process at all if he thinks an argument like "he was proviked" works after a decision, instead of owning the mistake and remorsefully apologizing. Bans aren't exactly frequently handed down, so the circumstances clearly warranted it.

I have no idea wether it was warranted or not, I don't know nor care about it, I simply wanted to provide a bit of "warning" for the OP. Just because a decision was made by someone in charge it doesn't mean it was "necessary" or "right", but in any case it means it is final. OP is like a football player running up to the referee complaining after a team member got suspended. Best thing that could happen is to be ignored, persistence would result in a yellow card, or a red one depending on the degree of persistence.

The banned party is probably not banned from the game, just the forums so no real damage was done.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    @Jodarkrider is a woman?
    No idea, but there are times when saying "them" makes the sentence harder to follow so you have to guess.

I'm assuming the reference to @wakeupparamour is a joke, since I'm getting "User not found" when I look them up? I did notice a while ago that there was a posting from a user by that name and then there seemed to be some kind of scuffle, but I never got around to looking to see what was going on.

Funny, I found this... http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/profile/wakeupparamour#9775 ...

And a few of the Patch notes have been posted by the same person.
    <shrug>

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!

I have no idea wether it was warranted or not, I don't know nor care about it, I simply wanted to provide a bit of "warning" for the OP. Just because a decision was made by someone in charge it doesn't mean it was "necessary" or "right", but in any case it means it is final. OP is like a football player running up to the referee complaining after a team member got suspended. Best thing that could happen is to be ignored, persistence would result in a yellow card, or a red one depending on the degree of persistence.

The banned party is probably not banned from the game, just the forums so no real damage was done.

I think there's some kind of appeals process, how that works I have no idea and don't intend to find out either, but regardless posting about it is only going to lead to further action.
    eaY7Xxu.png

I think there's some kind of appeals process, how that works I have no idea and don't intend to find out either, but regardless posting about it is only going to lead to further action.

There're a bunch of people that believe they are entitled to moderator time when they are not. I don't think the further action you're referring to here is the kind of action the OP wants.
    I'm pretty sure by now, Somebody at PWE/Cryptic has seen this.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Fair enough, but it's worth trying. Ko****: Was simply trying to make the point that Rlla**** doesn't normally cause trouble.

'Naming & Shaming', also not a good idea.

Best course of action, IMHO, is to let the banned person sort out on his own. Discussing moderation decisions on the forum is verboten anyway.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure by now, Somebody at PWE/Cryptic has seen this.

This, and given that none of us will be able to provide an answer to the OP's question besides the information already given, I think it would be wise if everyone withdrew from this thread for now. Especially considering the fact that the very reason the OP wants to contact a moderator, seems to be actions taken by moderators in the past.

I'm going to leave it at that, it may be wise for everyone else to do the same.
    edited July 2016
    I have no idea wether it was warranted or not, I don't know nor care about it, I simply wanted to provide a bit of "warning" for the OP. Just because a decision was made by someone in charge it doesn't mean it was "necessary" or "right", but in any case it means it is final. OP is like a football player running up to the referee complaining after a team member got suspended.
    I'm actually NOT trying to contact them to complain. (I was trying not to discuss more details of the incident on the forum than necessary.) What I'm trying to do is find out whether this is a temporary ban or a permanent ban, as a bunch of us, including the person who's been banned, are planning an RP story and we can't do anything until we know whether that person's coming back or not. That seems like a reasonable inquiry, surely. If there's some silly rule preventing anyone else from being told this for "privacy reasons", even if the person in question wants to know too, then fair enough, but it seemed worth asking in case it is, in fact, OK to ask. Can people on here not be so eager to do the mods' job for them, please.

(OK, so if it is permanent I would *like* the moderators to reconsider, in the circumstances; you caught me... :D but if not, that's up to them. All we really need is the information. I only put the bit about whether it was deserved or not into my message to Trendy as an afterthought and a reminder of who that was; I wouldn't have mentioned it here at all if certain people hadn't fished it out of there and brought it up again.)

To clarify: I wasn't "naming and shaming" TheKodanArmada, Meimeitoo, you silly, I was addressing him/her! As for... the other person... I'm not sure how it's "naming and shaming" to mention who it is that's been banned. Some people seem to reckon that the ban on "naming and shaming" means that you actually mustn't name any other user, full stop, which I'm sure can't be the case. But I won't name her if you'd rather :rolleyes:
    That's where you're wrong, I'm afraid, in this case it does cause "real damage". The point is, we're trying to organise an RP thread on the forums, so if she's banned, she can't play in the thread, in which case we need to make other arrangements.

OK; mods? Will wait for a reply, or as the case may be, not. (I only posted again to set the actual facts straight, as some postings were assuming things that aren't actually what's happening here; if the mods did turn up I didn't want them getting the idea that it's about something completely different from what it actually is. And I got worried somebody'd glance at Meimeitoo's posting and ban me too!)
    @pwlaughingtrendy @jodarkrider @askray

I don't know how this will go down, but be careful what you ask for.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    @Jodarkrider is a woman?

The more people use 'them' and 'they' the more common those words become. We have a singula 'they' it's just not used often enough for people to distinguish it's use in a sentence.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    I only put the bit about whether it was deserved or not into my message to Trendy as an afterthought.

Yeah, I don't think you get how clemency works.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    To clarify: I wasn't "naming and shaming" TheKodanArmada, Meimeitoo, you silly, I was addressing him/her! As for... the other person... I'm not sure how it's "naming and shaming" to mention who it is that's been banned. Some people seem to reckon that the ban on "naming and shaming" means that you actually mustn't name any other user, full stop, which I'm sure can't be the case. But I won't name her if you'd rather :rolleyes:

(...) And I got worried somebody'd glance at Meimeitoo's posting and ban me too!)

You're playing with fire. :) No, seriously, no chip off my block, but naming ppl that are entangled in an incident that was met with a moderator action is really a bad idea, as you're not supposed to talk about actions by the moderator at all, let alone mention the parties involved.

If you want to reach Trendy, go find her name on the very top sticky post on this sub-forum, and contact her directly, sans the public drama that will only put yourself in jeopardy too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    @pwlaughingtrendy @jodarkrider @askray

I don't know how this will go down, but be careful what you ask for.

And one more I forgot @midniteshadow7
    eaY7Xxu.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    If you want to reach Trendy, go find her name on the very top sticky post on this sub-forum, and contact her directly, sans the public drama that will only put yourself in jeopardy too.

Even a small amount of research here will show the OP had already done this. The OP's post itself is a continuation of a pattern of escalation into the public eye in hopes of provoking a response.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    In my experience, Trendy is really quick to respond when she feels she needs to. She gets lots of requests to have bans overturned, so I'm guessing your private messages, posts on her wall, public forum call-out threads are not going to do you or your "friend" any favors aside from getting on Trendy's bad side.
    Stop being accurate, Breek. It's creepy when you're accurate.

This discussion has been closed.