test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Double D's in the Kelvin Timeline

iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
c7L3MwN.jpg

Not that I don't love the D'Deridex or anything, but it seems kind of out of contradictory (I know, hard to believe in Star Trek) to have a display screen showing a ship that hasn't been invented yet (presumably) in the Kelvin Timeline.

I guess we can argue that it's tracking a romulan ship in the prime timeline, but as far as artistic aesthetic goes, it seems out of place for a Kelvin Timeline ship.

Also... yes, I made the title intentionally misleading so more people would click.

P.S. the ship only comes with U.S.S. (or I.K.S. presumably) and R.R.W. prefixes, but comes with an I.R.W. prefix out of the box. You can not change the ship's name without also reverting to either the U.S.S. (or I.K.S. presumably) or R.R.W. prefix. So, if you want to keep the I.R.W. prefix, you need to keep the ship's default name.

Presumably, the Romulan Republic doesn't exist in the Kelvin Timeline, so this should really be given the I.R.W. prefix option.​​
ExtxpTp.jpg

Comments

• amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Funnily enough, there was a display graphic from the new films that someone over on TrekBBS found that appears to show a ship similar to the Galaxy-class in the Kelvin Timeline: i.imgur.com/WjElB5h.jpg

Maybe data on the 24th century from the Narada was somehow obtained by the KDF/Romulans. It's possible Nero contacted the Romulans himself at some point. I'm sure we could work in Starfleet Intelligence/Section 31 getting that data too, hence the Galaxy-class looking vessel.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Funnily enough, there was a display graphic from the new films that someone over on TrekBBS found that appears to show a ship similar to the Galaxy-class in the Kelvin Timeline: i.imgur.com/WjElB5h.jpg

Maybe data on the 24th century from the Narada was somehow obtained by the KDF/Romulans. It's possible Nero contacted the Romulans himself at some point. I'm sure we could work in Starfleet Intelligence/Section 31 getting that data too, hence the Galaxy-class looking vessel.

That image you posted - looks like they simply used this:

O8VV4Y2.jpg

as one of the elements, albeit reversed.
    T93uSC8.jpg