test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] [INTERVIEW] Tribbles in Ecstasy interview Stephen Ricossa, Executive Producer - Questions?

The Tribbles in Ecstasy podcast are talking to Stephen Ricossa, Executive Producer of Star Trek Online live on Friday, 8th July 2016 at 5pm PDT/8pm EDT/1am UK.

You can join us live: http://bit.ly/hsmlive

If you have any questions please submit them below before Friday, 8th July 2016 at 2pm PDT/5pm EDT/10pm UK.

LLAP

Comments

• darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Why are there no adventure zones or battlefields for AoY and will it be possible in the future for TOS characters to have their own social hub i.e. 23c ESD?
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Is it possible to give the advanced and elite Epoch fighters a different temporal ability than channeled deconstruction (what they currently use)? Right now, every once and a while they'll use it for maybe a second (two tops), and then they'll stop using it because they turned away from the enemy, canceling the ability. (Channeled deconstruction stops if the target moves out of the arc or gets out of range.) Other than Heisenberg amplifier, literally any other temporal ability would be better. I think entropic cascade would be great.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Is there any chance the 31st century ships could get access to some more hull materials? Not a fan of the default, but it's the only one available, and I don't like any of the shield visuals either, so three ships that I've purchased and otherwise like the appearance of, are going to go unused.

Now that we have something similar in the JJ phasers, is it possible TWoK style pulse phasers could be added in the future, or are the JJ phasers likely to be the closest we get?

Geko has repeatedly said he can't answer any questions about a T6 TOS or TMP connie right now. I assume the same applies to you, but what about a T6 NX-01? Could that ever be a possibility? "Cause I've got faith, of the heart!"

Is there any particular reason the JJ starfleet uniforms don't have access to the new TOS badges, or pretty much any non-JJ badge for that matter?

Since we maxed tier 3 of the Temporal recruit event on day one, can we get 200% bonus xp next week? Please?
    Post edited by evilmark444 on
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jabofneurospinejabofneurospine Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Is there now or will there later be a way to acquire 23rd century bridge officers, kit modules, and training manuals after you have left the 23rd century?
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Is there now or will there later be a way to acquire 23rd century bridge officers, kit modules, and training manuals after you have left the 23rd century?

^this one, please gods, ask this one!!
  • jabofneurospinejabofneurospine Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Would it be possible to allow the 31st century ships to use the Korath and R'mor bridges in addition to the Wells? The wells bridge is great, but the ships are cross-faction and it'd be nice to have the option to use a more suitable bridge on klingon and romulan characters.

Also, is the inclusion of a cloaking device on some of the 26th century ships intentional, or something that needs patched?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Would it be possible to allow the 31st century ships to use the Korath and R'mor bridges in addition to the Wells? The wells bridge is great, but the ships are cross-faction and it'd be nice to have the option to use a more suitable bridge on klingon and romulan characters.

Also, is the inclusion of a cloaking device on some of the 26th century ships intentional, or something that needs patched?

Forget the Wells, Korath, or R'mor. Why wasn't a unique 31st Century bridge created. It is like using the TOS Constitution bridge on Voyager.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    When r we getting a t6 tmp connie?
    Can we have tmp versions of the aoy ships.
    When will the st captains do vo for sto.
    Any plans for a more indepth admrility system? With the ability to assign ships for station defence?
    Any chance of player (indivigaly) owen starbases where we can pvp, upgrade, buy ships and assets to defend and ultermaly attack / defend
  • alex1geralex1ger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I got two sets of questions, the first set a little more about the game in general, the second set directed at Mr. Ricossa himself. Let's see what you deem ask-worthy. ;)

Could you possibly get Lani Minella to use more of her voice range? Except for Lt. Jhu Terel I basically always recognize her and that gets rather immersion-breaking after a while.

Are there any updates on the first contact day revamp? Is that still being talked about or was it cancelled?

Could we get a pet storage for those caracals, feather monkeys, epohhs, risian birds (maybe even tribbles)?

Dan Stahl was rather outgoing and communicative and iirc responsible for the revamped klingon starting arc (the K'Mtar story).
    Stephen DeAngelo was much more "behind the scenes" and responsible for "quality of life" improvements.
    When people think about you as the executive producer, what would you want them to remember/pin on you?

Is there any chance to get a little more communication out of you? I don't see the Engineering Reports coming back (although that's a shame), but maybe a "State of the game" every quarter?

Are you able/willing to disclose why there was no anniversary infographic this year?
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User

You have to ask this one!
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Now that AOY has been released, what is the timetable, if any, to finish releasing the remaining T6 ships?
    klingon-bridge.jpg

Are there any other licances to ST material, books/ games / comic ect that you would like to see aquired and added to the game??
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    Can we have Commodore and Fleet Captain as titles for our TOS characters please. :)
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
    Will we see the jellyfish and uss kelvin now we have KT ships? Will you add mire ships from that? When will we see more IP Styled weapons
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Since it appears to be feasible to create different versions of the game now (like the 23rd century faction which had its own space map and ESD) is there any chance that we will see this applied to future events that have a huge impact on our Galaxy (like it should have been with the Iconian War for example)?
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    "Forget the Wells, Korath, or R'mor. Why wasn't a unique 31st Century bridge created. It is like using the TOS Constitution bridge on Voyager."

Ideally I agree, the Wells bridge on the massive Chronos Temporal Dreadnaught Cruiser is silly, but I'm realistic enough to know if they didn't create one yet, they unlikely to now, so I'm willing to compromise, at least let the player choose from the Wells, Korath, R'mor, and maybe even the Krenium bridges, acknowledging the cross faction origins of the ships.

if those were my options I'd pick the R'mor bridge for my KDF Orion, green goes better with him then Klingon Red.

Also given the cross faction nature/origins of the ship it would be cool if you could use any faction based prefix you want, like IKS, USS, OSS, ect...

I'd go with OSS for my Orion.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    First off I want to say I find the new TOS 23rd mission content that was added was very well done - I just wish there was MORE of it.

Questions:

1) Will there be a way in the future for TOS faction characters that want the specific 23rd century training manuals and gear (the Mk IX TOS blue Single, Twin Beam and Dual Beam, etc.) to be able to purchase them directly (IE without having to 'workarounds' involving the shared bank or create a new Alt and transfer funds via the shared bank); after progressing past the 23rd Century era?

2) Since Time Travel in STO is so pervasive, would you consider making more (and higher level) content that again takes place specifically in the 23rd century environment you have created?

3) Will there ever be a way to use the [T1] (TOS era) Constitution 1701 model/skin on a [T6] Federation Timeship (or other [T6] Cruiser?

4) Can you make the 'Ranger Class' 23c ship interior available as an option for use with the [T1] Constitution Class or on the other 23c ships?
    Post edited by crypticarmsman on
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    Can we have more tos era content? The expansion is great bug really needed mord Tos missions.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    (Not to beat a dead horse but...)
    These speak for faction parity.

Is there any plans to create a lifer or cstore race for TOS faction?
    If not can you please reconsider this?

Same question but concerning veteran rewards, to expand them to include the TOS faction, just as they did with Romulan faction.

Thank you.
    If you do create a new bridge for the 31st century ships in the future, please keep the bridge temporal transporter.

Also a Holodeck as a ready room could be cool.
    Thank you for letting the Feature Episode Replay return after a 2.5 year hiatus.

Do you/can you have plans on making this a reoccuring event again?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Edited my post above with a new question, hope I wasn't too late
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • zagstrukkzagstrukk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    My question is already here, but just to help make sure it gets asked on your show :smile:

Is there any way we can get access to 23c. skills, BOFFs, equipment after we leave for 2410 ? I am so happy to have more TOS because I am such a TOS man, but I want to make sure my immersment goes on for the life of the toon.

Also, as has already been asked, when the half-season update happens are we going to see more TOS conetent now you have the assets built ?

Thirdly, will we see the TOS assets added to the foundry for those who are inclined to tell stories there ?
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    OMG someone ask him about a pet tab please...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    darakoss wrote: »
    Why are there no adventure zones or battlefields for AoY and will it be possible in the future for TOS characters to have their own social hub i.e. 23c ESD?

This is my question as well
    I missed the first half of this show, can anyone bullet point responses from Mr. Salami?
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    I missed the first half of this show, can anyone bullet point responses from Mr. Salami?

I missed most of it. Best thing could be if no one has notes, is wait for the twitch stream to finish, then watch it again (of course, that is if it is recorded to be watched later).

That way, if someone says "the dev said this" you can watch and see if thats truly what they said, or the person is twisting the devs word :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    The interview did finish.
    And i dont think it is replayable, last weeks episode with Geko wasnt.
    Why do people insist on using twitch garbage, when they can live stream to youtube like the honey badgers. I hate twitch.
This discussion has been closed.