Install Arc
Options

How to solve the temporal probe minigame

13»

Comments

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    So far I have got all probes as I leveling up and doing the missions. I have no issues with the puzzles. And I'm almost done with the Klingon Arc.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    i just finally solve few of those, now i may have to rerun that i skipped. it just take time for me to understand.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Think a bit? How does that fit in with FAW bound to the Spacebar? :)

They are all really easy with the four digit code being the longest to clear.

For some the ABC one will require you to take off one of your socks so you can count to fifteen. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    I usually approach the 4 digit code with 2 numbers in two locations, if I get lucky and they show up, I shuffle them till they are right then work out the two remaining slots with remaining numbers... rinse and repeat. Pseudoku is easy but dull, the word game isn't bad and reminds me of the one in the Romulan FE that we had to decode.
  • Options
    immudzenimmudzen Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    There is a simpler solution. Only set the first entry and run through the 5 numbers. You will find the first number within 5 guesses and you will know all the numbers that are found in the rest of the puzzle. You can then only guess numbers that are available in the rest of the puzzle and even just do one digit at a time if you want. You don't have to guess 4 numbers to begin with.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    immudzen wrote: »
    There is a simpler solution. Only set the first entry and run through the 5 numbers. You will find the first number within 5 guesses and you will know all the numbers that are found in the rest of the puzzle. You can then only guess numbers that are available in the rest of the puzzle and even just do one digit at a time if you want. You don't have to guess 4 numbers to begin with.
    This is a good approach. :)

Also you can get a different puzzle by leaving and reentering.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The last one I did earlier today only took maybe six or eight guesses. I keep a pen and paper handy to write down what goes where when I get a right number/right location.

I just so happened to have a 2 in the first and second places and got a 2 right/wrong location. Logically then, those two 2s went in the third and fourth slots.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    All of these code minigames are easy as hell, the "tedious" part is finding the damned thing to decode it in the first place.

I just dinged 60 on my second temporal toon, missed 2 or 3 ill have to replay to get.

Was going to do 3 temporal toons, not anymore, between finding these things, and to be honest they are not "all" that hard to find, and the hairpulling boff pathing issues that abide now, im done leveling temporal toons.
  • Options
    fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    All of these code minigames are easy as hell, the "tedious" part is finding the damned thing to decode it in the first place.

I just dinged 60 on my second temporal toon, missed 2 or 3 ill have to replay to get.

Was going to do 3 temporal toons, not anymore, between finding these things, and to be honest they are not "all" that hard to find, and the hairpulling boff pathing issues that abide now, im done leveling temporal toons.

Oh just wait until you get "Save the Stupid" (BOFF's can't get through the door boss) AND have a Nakhul pop up when you access the probe. This happened to me more than I'd care to count...
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    No subtracting will not work I tried it and I got nothing out of it.

ztw08z.png
    Okay, so first row, start with 15, then subtract 3, that's 12, then subtract 5, that's 7. A = 7
    Second row, start with 15, subtract 2, that's 13, subtract 9, that's 4. B = 4
    Third row, start with 15, subtract 6, that's 9, subtract 7, that's 2. C = 2

The way I do it is not by subtracting. I simply take it from left to right and up and down... and use addition of the existing values and fill out the missing value that you are short on to reaching 15.

In your example that would be 3 + 5 = 8. Here you are short on 7.
    Then it would be 2 + 9 = 11. Here you are short on 4.
    Finally it would be 6 + 7 = 13. Here you are short on 2.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Hmmm Fac 4028... did the entire mission twice today since I couldn't find the probe the first time. I scoured every inch of it the first time.... no luck. Also.... I noticed something weird. Normally the force fields blocking access to the high security chambers are off once the riot starts.. not this time. Might cause an issue if it can spawn back there. The one time I found it, it was in a ridiculously easy to find place.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Old STO players are somewhat use to the idiocy of what Cryptic does sometimes. Imagine a new player that came in for AoY and got these stupid time wasting puzzles must think as a 'first impression'. Bad all the way around, Cryptic. Just reuse the gathering mini-game again, maybe give it a new TOS look like how you made a Rommy version for some things on New Romulus.