test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    My second favourite Enterprise after the F.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Oh, these views do a lot for it - the 'status' view on the monitor isn't as good for it as seeing it at different orientations (and I like somehow the idea of apparently big honking power conduits/bracing between the warp engines and deflector control).
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    I don't personally like the lines of the J, but you guys did an absolutely amazing job of faithfully rendering it from such limited source material!
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    After seeing it in game its disgusting. Saucer has too many windows.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    After seeing it in game its disgusting. Saucer has too many windows.

Some of them are skylights.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Every time I see the E.J., it makes me wonder... what would the -G, -H and -I have to look like for the progression of starship designs to go from where the -E and -F are to what the -J is...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Well the D and the E come from very different design perspectives (and the C had a very round saucer, the D has a very horiziontally-elliptical saucer, and the E goes in another direciton), the I could be relatively traditional.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »

As others have said also, I'm not a real fan of the Ent.-J; but you did one heck of a nice job modeling it and getting it into STO.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It's the one ship design in Star Trek where I cannot comprehend how they dared to even bring this on the screen, even as a status window. A lot of designs are matters of taste, but this here is simply... faulty.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    avantguard13avantguard13 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I've always loved the sexy streamlined design of this one...sooooooo smoooooooth space pannnnnncake...
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    It's the one ship design in Star Trek where I cannot comprehend how they dared to even bring this on the screen, even as a status window. A lot of designs are matters of taste, but this here is simply... faulty.

You've accidentally posted in the Vitamin J thread. I believe it's far more likely you intended to post in a thread on the Excelsior.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    It is a pretty ship. Cryptic's Art Devs did a fine job of placing it into the game while retaining the elements which make the Ent-J what she is. It is not something I want to fly. However others probably do. Which is perfectly fine with me. I hope they enjoy it as much as I enjoy my favorite ships.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    The last thing I'll say about the -J is this. I skinned my Gemini class with the Sagittarius skin last night, and I am completely smitten! Without a doubt, the Sagittarius is now my all-time favorite STO design. And we owe it entirely to the Enterprise-J and its influence on the 26th century temporal ship designs.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    Awesome job bringing this in game. Definitely one of my favourite Star Trek ship designs.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    NICE!!!!!
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    What i like about the design is the wide saucer and the deflector integration, everything else is rather meh.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    So just how many decks does the primary saucer have?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    Judging from the fact that the -J's saucer is almost as big as the whole of -D, it's probably fifty decks or more...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    yreodred wrote: »
    What i like about the design is the wide saucer and the deflector integration, everything else is rather meh.

If the saucer had the mass of that... thing where the deflector nests in I'd almost see it's appeal. But this saucer is literally a disc with stretched textures on it. I can't comprehend. Does not compute.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Judging from the fact that the -J's saucer is almost as big as the whole of -D, it's probably fifty decks or more...

Drexler's commented before about the windows being "skylights" and such, which people complain about. To Doug, this thing doesn't have traditionally stacked decks. Remember, even by the 2200's, we're creating false gravity aboard a ship, there's no reason it all has to point one direction. So the windows on the J are windows, but the decks are stacked in a radial manner around the axis of the saucer. Kind of 2001ish.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    Kind of 2001ish.

Well, between that reference and Star Trek's already existing track record, there's no way I'd want to serve on a ship of this class. The odds that the ship's computer would snap and try to kill everyone aboard are pushing one hundred per cent...

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Kind of 2001ish.

Well, between that reference and Star Trek's already existing track record, there's no way I'd want to serve on a ship of this class. The odds that the ship's computer would snap and try to kill everyone aboard are pushing one hundred per cent...

It's Star Trek, it'll all be neatly resolved within an hour.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    iconians wrote: »
    Kind of 2001ish.

It's Star Trek, it'll all be neatly resolved within an hour.​​

Don't jinx us, the way things are, we'd probably wind up with it happening for a season finale/premiere two-parter...
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    So the windows on the J are windows, but the decks are stacked in a radial manner around the axis of the saucer. Kind of 2001ish.

Makes for lots of stairs!
  • Options
    So the windows on the J are windows, but the decks are stacked in a radial manner around the axis of the saucer. Kind of 2001ish.

Site to site transporters.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    artan42 wrote: »

Site to site transporters.​​

A ship the size of a city (I remember reading some where that the -J's class of ship is supposed to be so big that it has its own parks, school system up to university level, etc... don't remember where, though) travelled by using site-to-site transporters... sounds a little familiar...