test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where...is...my...D-7?

abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
WHERE IS IT!?

Seriously, the D-7 skin option is missing from the Katinga!!! I was going to make a new TOS Klingon using the Alien gen and have him in the D-7 from T-3 and upgrade to the fleet version once I was able...but the skin is gone...IT'S GONE!!! What the hel....heck!? Explain!

Comments

• Options
    geekysoldiergeekysoldier Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    You have to go to advanced when customizing, I almost freaked out too
    DMoNDoR.jpg
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    It's with the romulan BoFFs...so you will never see it again MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The prize, and the price, amiright? >:)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    If you've played through AoY's intro... I am rather sick to see that for the Romulan "battlecruisers" they used the D7. Cryptic trying to pass of the Klingon ship as a Romulan ship. Talk about laziness.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    If you've played through AoY's intro... I am rather sick to see that for the Romulan "battlecruisers" they used the D7. Cryptic trying to pass of the Klingon ship as a Romulan ship. Talk about laziness.

That's actually accurate. But the class name they've given them is made up.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/D7_class​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

I know it's accurate. I'm was just thinking, you know. Take a T2, perhaps a t3 rom cruiser, give a TOS style look. Then give it the cardboard cutout look of it, wouldn't have been hard. Then put it in there. I know it goes against canon that way. But it would have been a good thing to draw the connection of these ships are the ones before these for the roms. Just for a bit more faction separation if nothing else.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    They have Klingon ships because they had alliance at some point. In exchange for cloaking technology the Klingons would supply the Romulans with their battle cruisers.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    I would actually like to see T6 Klingon and Romulan D7 variants.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Outside of the AOY spectrum...I would like to see a T6 K'tinga and Vor'cha. These are the two canon battlecruisers that still haven't been given the T6 treatment. But...I fully admit...when it comes to this topic...I'm like a broken record.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2016
    tlw_vorcha_01.jpg
    Yeah we definitely need a Vor'cha!
    a9c859400d.gif
    Gowron demands it! And it better be big and mean.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Those crazy eyes though . . . They should be enough to convince the folks in charge to make one
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    "I would actually like to see T6 Klingon andRomulan D7 variants."

Good idea.
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    A T6 K't'inga would be, IMO, an obvious move. Make it the first Klingon / Romulan cross-faction ship, with Temporal Ops seating - what could be more appropriate than the one canon cross-faction ship, which was in service from Archer's time to the Dominion War?
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User

I know it's accurate. I'm was just thinking, you know. Take a T2, perhaps a t3 rom cruiser, give a TOS style look. Then give it the cardboard cutout look of it, wouldn't have been hard. Then put it in there. I know it goes against canon that way. But it would have been a good thing to draw the connection of these ships are the ones before these for the roms. Just for a bit more faction separation if nothing else.

But remember, one of the whole AoY "concepts" was that they'd be "60's accurate" during the 23rd Century missions, complete with faux film grain so that it "looks" like it was lifted straight from the 60's TV shows...

As such, going "strictly canon" with Rom D7s (now called the Krenn class?) mixing in with T'liss's for that one battle is "thematically appropriate"...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    I thought it odd that in the Galorndan Core Temporal mission there was a shiny new Romulan ship featured, yet when we get to the fighting it's just Krenn and T'liss. But I definitely am in favor of a K'tinga T6.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    They have Klingon ships because they had alliance at some point. In exchange for cloaking technology the Klingons would supply the Romulans with their battle cruisers.

Not a canon alliance, it only exists in non-canon material. And not even in STO's internal canon. Jarok states the Klingons stole cloaks.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    artan42 wrote: »

Not a canon alliance, it only exists in non-canon material. And not even in STO's internal canon. Jarok states the Klingons stole cloaks.​​

In the ST:TOS 'Balance of Terror' when the Enterprise is surrounded by Romulan D7's, Spock says, "Intelligence reports Romulans now using Klingon design." But there is nothing said in regards to why that is. Is that the missing bit of information that you're referring to as being non-canon?
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    goodscotch wrote: »

Not a canon alliance, it only exists in non-canon material. And not even in STO's internal canon. Jarok states the Klingons stole cloaks.

In the ST:TOS 'Balance of Terror' when the Enterprise is surrounded by Romulan D7's, Spock says, "Intelligence reports Romulans now using Klingon design. But there is nothing said in regards to why that is. Is that the missing bit of information that you're referring to as being non-canon?

It's the whole idea of an alliance. There's no episodic support for it. Romulans using D7s doesn't even hint at an alliance. The non-canon bit was a reference to the existence of it in novels.

Just being brief here but there are several ways Romulans could have got the five or so D7s they have across TOS and TAS; captured ships, stolen designs, trade with a third party.
    As for Klingons cloaks; developed by them, forcefully taken from the Xyrillian, taken from the Suliban, stolen from the Romulans, captured along with other Romulan tech (possibly in a BoP).

Cryptic is certainly going with the Klingons stealing or capturing the cloak from the Romulans in STO, but there's no word on how the Romulans get the D7s in STO.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'd like to think Memory Alpha is a reputable source for ll things Trek. Here's the page on Klingon-Romulan relations.

Excerpt:
    According to the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Journal, the Romulan cloaking device was acquired by the Klingons as an exchange for several D7-class battle cruisers for the Romulans during the Alliance. In fact according to apocryphal accounts, in Seven Deadly Sins, Romulans required the power system of the D7-class ships to provide the power required to use the new improved cloaking device.

Of course, the real reason behind Romulans using D7s was because the original Romulan BoP model wasn't available for season 3 of TOS so they improvised. However, the Romulan D7 is now canon and Klingon cloaking technology is largely attributed to that Klingon-Romulan Alliance that was never truly stated on-screen.

Who knows? Maybe ST:Discovery will give us answers.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options

Not a canon alliance, it only exists in non-canon material. And not even in STO's internal canon. Jarok states the Klingons stole cloaks.

In the ST:TOS 'Balance of Terror' when the Enterprise is surrounded by Romulan D7's, Spock says, "Intelligence reports Romulans now using Klingon design. But there is nothing said in regards to why that is. Is that the missing bit of information that you're referring to as being non-canon?

It's the whole idea of an alliance. There's no episodic support for it. Romulans using D7s doesn't even hint at an alliance. The non-canon bit was a reference to the existence of it in novels.

Just being brief here but there are several ways Romulans could have got the five or so D7s they have across TOS and TAS; captured ships, stolen designs, trade with a third party.
    As for Klingons cloaks; developed by them, forcefully taken from the Xyrillian, taken from the Suliban, stolen from the Romulans, captured along with other Romulan tech (possibly in a BoP).

Cryptic is certainly going with the Klingons stealing or capturing the cloak from the Romulans in STO, but there's no word on how the Romulans get the D7s in STO.

In TNG Redemption Captain Picard and Data mention that there was Klingon/Romulan alliance at some point in time. Although it's been a while since I have watched it. Whether it's canon or not, it's been hinted at so many times in other media it may as well be.​​
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Seems like it was Worf that mentions it. But I am sure Data brought up once in the EP.

Redemption part 2: Worf - "You and I know that they have conspired with Romulans in the past. If they should be victors in this war, they would surely form a new Klingon-Romulan alliance. "

Although that may just imply Duras, but it could mean this isn't the first time they have exchanged technology.​​
  • Options
    freakium wrote: »
    I'd like to think Memory Alpha is a reputable source for ll things Trek. Here's the page on Klingon-Romulan relations.

Excerpt:
    According to the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Journal, the Romulan cloaking device was acquired by the Klingons as an exchange for several D7-class battle cruisers for the Romulans during the Alliance. In fact according to apocryphal accounts, in Seven Deadly Sins, Romulans required the power system of the D7-class ships to provide the power required to use the new improved cloaking device.

Of course, the real reason behind Romulans using D7s was because the original Romulan BoP model wasn't available for season 3 of TOS so they improvised. However, the Romulan D7 is now canon and Klingon cloaking technology is largely attributed to that Klingon-Romulan Alliance that was never truly stated on-screen.

Memory Alpha should never be used as a source, but rather as a means to pointing out sources from canon material. In this instance their entire article is based on secondary sources and not on the shows or films.

Cryptic is certainly going with the Klingons stealing or capturing the cloak from the Romulans in STO, but there's no word on how the Romulans get the D7s in STO.

In TNG Redemption Captain Picard and Data mention that there was Klingon/Romulan alliance at some point in time. Although it's been a while since I have watched it. Whether it's canon or not, it's been hinted at so many times in other media it may as well be.

Riker comment in Reunion 'A new Klingon alliance with the Romulans?' is a reference to this from The Neutral Zone 'The Romulans killed my parents in an attack on Khitomer at a time when they were supposed to be our allies.'.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It remains unknown how it all worked out unless the new show decides to show/tell us. I personally am a supporter of the alliance idea as I don't find the capture/theft of the ships all that plausible personally. But that's just headcanon based on the inclusion of several secondary sources I thought were good enough pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    You have to go to the Klingon Ladies Dept. and look behind the DD-8's
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    It remains unknown how it all worked out unless the new show decides to show/tell us. I personally am a supporter of the alliance idea as I don't find the capture/theft of the ships all that plausible personally. But that's just headcanon based on the inclusion of several secondary sources I thought were good enough pig-1.gif

You think a weapons trade between two enemies is more realistic than captured technology between two enemies?​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    You think a weapons trade between two enemies is more realistic than captured technology between two enemies?​​

When they both have a mutual, much bigger enemy around, yeah, a trade may seem like a good bet...

Especially if both sides are thinking also how they're going to use their "new toys" against their "erstwhile at least temporary" allies...

Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    freakium wrote: »

Excerpt:

Memory Alpha should never be used as a source, but rather as a means to pointing out sources from canon material. In this instance their entire article is based on secondary sources and not on the shows or films.

In TNG Redemption Captain Picard and Data mention that there was Klingon/Romulan alliance at some point in time. Although it's been a while since I have watched it. Whether it's canon or not, it's been hinted at so many times in other media it may as well be.

Riker comment in Reunion 'A new Klingon alliance with the Romulans?' is a reference to this from The Neutral Zone 'The Romulans killed my parents in an attack on Khitomer at a time when they were supposed to be our allies.'.​​

Yeah, that's the one. Can't believe I forgot that episode. Considering it's the one where you first meet Gowron and his 'eyes'.
  • Options
    patrickngo wrote: »
    between enemies? no-but between allies...ever heard of STANAG or NATO or the Warsaw Pact? Ever wonder why most of the People's Republic of China's equipment is derived from Soviet designs? yeah, they were once allies. Though in the time since, they have been enemies, then neutral, then the soviet union fell, and now they license MODERN russian aircraft designs.

Yes, yes I have. Just as I've heard of the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact where the Soviets traded nukes for Nasi jet engines... Oh, they didn't? Turns out enemy states don't trade weapons and technology like that.

Russia and China are and have been allies, it's not an equivocal situation.
    patrickngo wrote: »
    The Romulans were consistently the enemy of the Federation, not the Klingon Empire-that enmity didn't start until the Romulans stabbed them in the back and invaded, among other places, Khitomer when Worf was a boy. a recent enmity, in other words, likely brought on by the Klingons ending their feud with the Federation at the end of Star Trek VI.

Hmm, two ideologically opposed expansionist Star Empires with xenophobic outlooks weren't enemies prior to Khitomer? If you say so.
    dareau wrote: »
    When they both have a mutual, much bigger enemy around, yeah, a trade may seem like a good bet...

Not even slightly. Both powers had tech capable of standing up to the Federation on their own terms. An alliance was unnecessary.
    dareau wrote: »
    Especially if both sides are thinking also how they're going to use their "new toys" against their "erstwhile at least temporary" allies...

Sure, because the Romulans who have deception and backstabbing as a hat never thought the Klingons (who have random violence and bloodlust as a hat) would turn on them eventually, so equipped them with a device that allows them to move unseen and undetectable.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    As far as a T6 D7/K'tinga...they could cannibalize art from existing ships. Take the neck and forward command section from the Kamarag, put it on the K'tinga hull and use the nacelles from the Kamarag, the Vor'cha or the Tor'khat. Obviously, just make sure everything is scaled properly. The mission pod could be from the Vor'kang or the Kamarag. Even the Koro'tinga has a nice forward command section although I don't care for the thin support bars all over it.
    klingon-bridge.jpg