test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TOS Player Ship Interiors (Pioneer, specifically, with a little Constitution)

millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
I noticed that a basic Pioneer interior was added for use for TOS player starter ships (and I hope the TOS-themed ships and the temporal ship upgrades, too!) and I very much appreciate that.

Seeing that it's desirable to make it a little different than the TOS Constitution interior available on the C-store on the Holodeck server, I understand keeping it a bit more limited, but there's a few features I'm noticing it lacks that may or may not be intended to be there. And a few things that maybe shouldn't be there but are. Also a few things in regards to the Constitution player interior as well.
  • For one thing, there's absolutely no crew/captain's quarters available in the Pioneer interior, which is standard amongst all interiors except for the bridge-only special ones (still would like a bit more than a bridge, but I know that's a wee bit more work...). Seeing as there's already a captain's quarters room for the other TOS set, I'm asking if that could be copied over to one of the unused doors in the lower deck of the Pioneer interior.
  • I also notice that the Pioneer lower deck has a handful of what looks like red sliding doors placed out-of-place at various points along the corridor, some jammed into a ladder access nook, one or two sitting a bit out from the wall, some angled in their doorways and clipping out into the wall, etc.
  • The messhall (which I still feel is a bit on the small side for both Pioneer and especially the Constitution player interiors, would like it a bit longer, personally, very little space with all the NPCs crowding the small tables and few available chairs) for the Pioneer interior has no functionality for trophies despite having the spaces for them as the one in the TOS Constitution interior does.
  • For both the Pioneer and Constitution player bridges, the chairs around the bridge are all strangely facing directly forward, with those seated in them facing the same way instead of at their stations. This has been the case for the Constitution bridge since it was released, so would like to see those rotated to face their stations a bit more.
  • The viewscreens of both Pioneer and Constitution bridges are open to walk right through, allowing players to fall to infinity with no way out but to log out of that character.
  • All NPCs utilizing seats seem to be sitting far forward practically off the seats in both Pioneer and Constitution player interiors.
  • Since the "Return to Babel" mission with the later engineering refit set (with second floor and different floor arrangement), I'm kind of personally hoping we might get that as an option for the Constitution interior at some point.
  • Also, I deeply appreciate the addition of the shuttlebay for both Pioneer and Constitution interior sets, though I'm wondering if a TOS shuttle could get parked out in there as a set piece? It's a little empty of decoration otherwise, and would be a nice place to congregate for something like roleplay, I'm sure. Or if an option could be toggled for such by the player if a shuttle isn't desired there.
  • This one is probably one of the least likely things to get taken into consideration, but a TOS shuttle interior would be lovely. I know there's a little bit of material for it from the crashed shuttles in the tutorial, but I know it'd have to be upscaled and arranged for player interior use, so it's not something I expect to be done overnight if ever. Just seems odd to have a 25th century runabout interior for it.
These are just some of the things I've noticed and hope to see additions/fixes for, thanks for all the work done so far!

Comments

• Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    The two interior zones should just be combined into one. I also note the pioneer bridge lacks that one sound effect you always heard in Kirk's bridge.
  • Options
    The two interior zones should just be combined into one. I also note the pioneer bridge lacks that one sound effect you always heard in Kirk's bridge.

I, myself, prefer having the separate bridges, since that makes it more unique to have a different layout for a different ship. The Pioneer one better fits ships with a hull layout like the Pioneer and a few of the others, whereas the Constitution fits ships with more separated sections of hull.

That being said, I just like having the different options.
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    I also noted the lack of the captains quarters in the Pioneer lower deck. I'd love for my captain to have a place to lay his weary head.

You can setup trophies in the conference room on the Pioneer lower deck.

I would love to have a shuttle in the shuttle bay, Just for the ambiance. Even if nothing else. We do have a shuttle after all, so why not display it?
  • Options
    I also noted the lack of the captains quarters in the Pioneer lower deck. I'd love for my captain to have a place to lay his weary head.

You can setup trophies in the conference room on the Pioneer lower deck.

I would love to have a shuttle in the shuttle bay, Just for the ambiance. Even if nothing else. We do have a shuttle after all, so why not display it?

Yes, you can set up a few trophies in the conference room, which is the equivalent of later-era ready rooms in STO, which also have a few trophy spots, but the messhall and future "ten forwards" are the only locations where you can place the larger floor trophies, in addition to four wall trophies. The Pioneer's messhall is non-functional in this aspect.
  • Options
    Another issue seems to be the appearance of Odyssey-uniformed NPCs filling the TOS Constitution player bridge in place of BOffs. I don't quite know if that's an issue with the Pioneer bridge or not at the moment.
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    coolbatman wrote: »
    a TOS shuttle interior would be............AWESOME !!!!! (insert "everything is awesome !" music here)

That and get the TOS chairs facing the consoles again, all you outer ring boff's keep staring at the view screen, that's the center three's job, people.