test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

04/07/2016

artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
It's the fourth of July (or July the fourth) Also known as American Independence Day, the day you earnt the right to write the dates in the wrong order and mispronounce aluminium.

So to all you 'U' hating 'Z' loving Americans on the other side of the pond...

happy-independence-day-28.jpg

Because thanks to time zones, I think I got here first.​​
22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
'...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
'...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    happy 4th of annoy the hell out me day , because the fireworks will kep-p me up all damn night and ihave to yell out my window at the neighbor kids to GET OFF MY LAWN!!! lol

Happy 4th everyone and to those who dont celebrate it have a wonderfull day :)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    depositphotos_10970665-Pig-dressed-for-fourth-of.jpg​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Happy explosion day to the 'muricans.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Thanks, and Happy Fourth to you, and everyone else on these forums!

I shall now quote one of my two favorite movies to watch at this time of year:
    Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!"

"We will not vanish without a fight!"

"We're going to live on!"

"We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

I don't know why, but that scene always puts a big smile on my face :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    NWT2Erw.jpg

xkP5Dez.png​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    03a6ee43d169c3581fe3c1fd3b076cab.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    iconians wrote: »
    NWT2Erw.jpg

I like this one.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    But the 7th of April isn't the same as the 4th of July.....
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    It's the fourth of July (or July the fourth) Also known as American Independence Day, the day you earnt the right to write the dates in the wrong order and mispronounce aluminium.

As a U.S. citizen, I appreciate the sentiment from those across the pond. However; as in the U.S. we express dates leading with the month, and not the day (IE over here in " 'Murica" ( ;) )we write the date as 7/4/2016); when I first saw the thread title I was like: "Okay, WTF happened on April 7, 2016 that someone is still talking about in July?" ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options

As a U.S. citizen, I appreciate the sentiment from those across the pond. However; as in the U.S. we express dates leading with the month, and not the day (IE over here in " 'Murica" ( ;) )we write the date as 7/4/2016); when I first saw the thread title I was like: "Okay, WTF happened on April 7, 2016 that someone is still talking about in July?" ;)

That's why he said we write the dates in the wrong order. But even if we DO write it wrong, at least we drive on the right side of the road :)

Oh, and here's my favorite song for this time of year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PXSK3iDeAI
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options

Because thanks to time zones, I think I got here first.

You don't like the thread title? Well you're welcome to go dump this in the nearest harbour and declare your own new independent thread where you can write the date all backwards and in the wrong order :p.

After all, that is how it all started...

...I think so anyway, I'm a bit hazy on the details :# .​​

#TASforSTO

• Options

As @artan42 said, you guys do it wrong. Don't blame others for that pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Murrica! we won't use the metric system becuase easy systems are for wusses!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »

As @artan42 said, you guys do it wrong. Don't blame others for that pig-2.gif​​

As I explained earlier, even if we do write the date wrong (I concede the British did it before us), at least we Americans drive on the right side of the road :)
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    As I explained earlier, even if we do write the date wrong (I concede the British did it before us), at least we Americans drive on the right side of the road :)

That's true, you have a point. Silly brits put the wheel on the wrong side of their cars. He. Hehe.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    The Americans and Germans ganging up on us!

Steering wheels belong on the right hand side of a car, 'tis only natural.

Whilst we're at it... boot, bonnet, radiator, indicators, gear stick, windscreen, exhaust pipe. They're all the correct names for parts of a car. Learn 'em or we'll take New Hampshire back.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options

Whilst we're at it... boot, bonnet, radiator, indicators, gear stick, windscreen, exhaust pipe. They're all the correct names for parts of a car. Learn 'em or we'll take New Hampshire back.

If you take New Hampshire, we'll take Bermuda. We don't have time to change all the flags.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Whilst we're at it... boot, bonnet, radiator, indicators, gear stick, windscreen, exhaust pipe. They're all the correct names for parts of a car. Learn 'em or we'll take New Hampshire back.

That's "Kofferraum" (lit: Suitcase room), "Motorhaube" (lit: Engine hood/bonnet), Radiator or "Heizung" (lit: heat), "Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger" (lit: Journey direction indicator, or col. "Blinker"), "Schaltknüppel" (lit: Shift club), "Windschutzscheibe" (lit: Wind protection pane) and my favourite auto part, "Auspuff" (lit: Out puff). German 's such a beautiful language pig-2.gif

post-16089-Cow-warms-up-on-car-hood-XTwj.jpeg​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Reported for failure to follow ISO 8601 dates.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options

That's true, you have a point. Silly brits put the wheel on the wrong side of their cars. He. Hehe.

That's why we won the war.

jfZPIr1.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    That's Kofferraum, Motorhaube, Heizung, Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger, Schaltknüppel, Windschutzscheibe, and Auspuff.

I can't be too sure, but it sounds to me like you're trying to summon Cthulhu.

wybierz_wieksze_zlo.jpg
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    I can't be too sure, but it sounds to me like you're trying to summon Cthulhu.

You mean that's the rumbling sound in my cupboard when I order Pizza? pig-24.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    And since when do Germans know anything about cars?

#TASforSTO

• Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    https://youtu.be/IhnUgAaea4M

Happy 4th to those who want one; to the rest of you I simply say have a good day anyway.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    And since when do Germans know anything about cars?

Well, they know how to engineer Defeat Devices for emissions testing.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

Whilst we're at it... boot, bonnet, radiator, indicators, gear stick, windscreen, exhaust pipe. They're all the correct names for parts of a car. Learn 'em or we'll take New Hampshire back.​​

to late we traded new hampshire to the canadians for a can of spam and some pork and beans
  • Options
    No, that's me waiting..........in the dark.............for you to walk past with it..............dino1-2.gif

Uh... how long have you been there? pig-16.gifpig-24.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif