test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks Cryptic :D "Dyson Science Destroyer Event Ship News!!"

qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
w00t.. thanks Cryptic.. today is a good day to fly!!

Sy7ew6z.png

it had been long enough for me to accept i may never have this ship on this account, but as i logged qzi just now, i received the old ship unlock message on screen. qzi being the character i originally earned the dyson science destroyer with.. i grabbed it immediately from the event ship reclaim tab, renamed it appropriately, took this screenie for record and..

logged on a delta recruit who was too young to have been around (if we exclude time travel and the like) when this ship was available to earn.. went to the reclaim tab.. and another gratuitous boom!! happy days!! hope all you other expectant captains have the same experience.

regards.

Ref:Original thread for reference

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1211570/problem-claiming-event-ships-on-other-characters/p1​​
tYld1gu.gif?1
TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Good for you. I felt the same way kinda when a year after the 4th anniversary when this ship was released i was able to finish the rep and finally get it. And get the 5th anni ship too.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Glad to see that you got it. I still use the warp core from it on my Tour the Galaxy ships. That subspace jump is better than an [SSR] mod, if you ask me.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Congrats. It took its time.

But you should hop onto a Romulan character and look at the Romulan Dyson Destroyer - that one is far more awesome!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    cheers :smiley:

yeah i think the Rom version is my fave look of the 3. the core, that secondary deflector, and the rest of that equipment there for the cost of a SMALL grind.. it still all adds up to a nice overall set.

its cool they fixed something that wasn't on a visible 'todo list' i wonder if the mountain of prep needed/done/doing for the console release, has helped knock loose a few incidentals, and allowed them to chalk in some extra bug squashing time for the pc version?

i'm really looking forward to trying it out on ps4.. if i avoid thinking about the money i have spent in game over the last 4-5 years (i'm actually genuinely scared to add it up) it may be nice to start from scratch with a single character.. especially as i don't have the same time.. or focus.. that i did 12 months ago, let alone 4 years lol.​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Gah! That thing, it burns my eyes! So ugly!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    qziqza wrote: »
    w00t.. thanks Cryptic.. today is a good day to fly!!

Sy7ew6z.png

it had been long enough for me to accept i may never have this ship on this account, but as i logged qzi just now, i received the old ship unlock message on screen. qzi being the character i originally earned the dyson science destroyer with.. i grabbed it immediately from the event ship reclaim tab, renamed it appropriately, took this screenie for record and..

logged on a delta recruit who was too young to have been around (if we exclude time travel and the like) when this ship was available to earn.. went to the reclaim tab.. and another gratuitous boom!! happy days!! hope all you other expectant captains have the same experience.

regards.

Ref:Original thread for reference

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1211570/problem-claiming-event-ships-on-other-characters/p1​​

I don't remember these ships having 10 console slots, the free version only has 9 and the C-store had 10. Is that a glitch/bug. If so its a good one?
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    The 10th console is from the T5 Upgrade... :)
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    So wait, how can you tell if you can reclaim one?

Which tab(s) is it under?
    Check the Event Store - you go to the rep tab, the events section, and then the store section, and there you should see something like "Account Unlock/Reclaim" or something like that. IIRC.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.