test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

26th C ships with 23rd C skins: How about letting us use the Ambassador skin on the Guardian please?

Hi, apologies if this has been mentioned before, but with the new 26th century ships being able to use the 23rd century TOS skins (as a direct full swap, not part by part), how about letting us do the same thing on the T6 Guardian cruiser with the Ambassador class skin? The Guardian is generally considered to be the T6 Ambassador in all but name (conjecture is it was based on Andrew Probert's prototype Ambassador class), so why not let us just swap the skin on in the same way? Would love to run my Guardian as an Ambassador and we now have a precedent for swapping ship skins where the parts can't mix and match.

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I think the Guardian is much bigger than the Ambassador. I don't think the skin will stretch that far ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I think the Guardian is much bigger than the Ambassador. I don't think the skin will stretch that far ;)

congrats, you failed to read. OP is saying that they are letting the 26th century ships use the 23rd century skins, even though they are difference sizes.

you just cant mix and match parts.

but his point is that since they are now letting ships use skins that dont match their size, why not do same with ambassador.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User

congrats, you failed to read. OP is saying that they are letting the 26th century ships use the 23rd century skins, even though they are difference sizes.

you just cant mix and match parts.

but his point is that since they are now letting ships use skins that dont match their size, why not do same with ambassador.

Actually, I think that the 26th century ships are going to be the same size as their 23rd century counterparts.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    If they were going to do this, they would have done it when they released the Guardian. They didn't, so the Ambassador will have to wait. I'd expect the Ambassador to have temporal seating anyway, not Intel.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    If they were going to do this, they would have done it when they released the Guardian. They didn't, so the Ambassador will have to wait. I'd expect the Ambassador to have temporal seating anyway, not Intel.

I fully expect a T6 Ambassador (and Kamarag) variant with a hybrid lieutenant commander science/temporal seat.
    Unfortunately this means that anyone waiting for a T6 Sovereign (and Vor'cha) will be waiting a while.
    (Unless they give the hybrid lieutenant commander tactical/temporal seat to the Sovereign/Vor'cha.)
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I fully expect a T6 Ambassador (and Kamarag) variant with a hybrid lieutenant commander science/temporal seat.
    Unfortunately this means that anyone waiting for a T6 Sovereign (and Vor'cha) will be waiting a while.
    (Unless they give the hybrid lieutenant commander tactical/temporal seat to the Sovereign/Vor'cha.)

Well, if they go strictly by what would sell better, they may give it to the Sovereign.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User

cryptic stated at some point quite clearly that 26th century ships are modeled to be similar size to their 23th century counterparts exacly for that skin compatibility reason

considering guardian cruiser being vastly bigger than ambassador - its you who failed on logical thinking not him to read [could also be you failing at reading what cryptic says in places ;P]

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png