test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do people get away with saying they own an area of the game and brag about not getting banned?

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,371 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Unfortunately, REAL champions are hard to find in this game.
    You're looking in the wrong place. This is Star Trek. Champions is over that way. ---->​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Unfortunately, REAL champions are hard to find in this game.
    You're looking in the wrong place. This is Star Trek. Champions is over that way. ---->​​

Obviously you don't read any in-game bios. Everyone's a champion (or a sex slave). Welcome back to General Discussion, by the way!

wait you can read those... I've never seen one.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Dronza station wait people actually still go there?????
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Didn't Mudd own a planet? And didn't one of the Ferengi characters on DS9 own a moon? Quark's cousin? So I'd say isn't it CANON to claim ownership of celestial bodies?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »

Where else are bank, exchange, mail, bartender, ship selector, tailor and commodity vendors grouped so close together? All it needs is a Security officer, maybe ship requisitions and BO trainer if I'm being greedy.

That said, I can't imagine why this is worth a complaint. I can proclaim myself Sultan of Umpapamaumau, that doesn't mean there are any consequences for defying me.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    hanover2 wrote: »
    ssbn655 wrote: »

Where else are bank, exchange, mail, bartender, ship selector, tailor and commodity vendors grouped so close together? All it needs is a Security officer, maybe ship requisitions and BO trainer if I'm being greedy.

The fleet spire for example. And you can transwarp there ;)

Ok, maybe there are no bartender or commodity vendors there, but who needs those? :p
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Ask about our exciting planetary franchise opportunities. Only the morally upstanding need apply.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Drozana Station is Starfleet Dental's property and will forever be so as it was decreed by divine rule, falling outside the jurisdiction of the GMs. The Dear Leader made it so, and that's the reality we live in, I'm happy to report.

Soo uhm is that why thre those you know dudes there , that make you feel creepy and want to leave drozana fast?
    you know the drozana gang?

File Image : 284-9.
    surveillance footage from drozana securtiy camera 12-4

X1qRl.gif
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    MY GOD! See what you did OP you lured Dental in here with your bait, now it will be almost impossible to get rid of them. :p

Don't be silly.

We were impossible to get rid of well beforehand.

Tell me about it. I keep clicking the flag button and you guys are still here. ;)

The code for the forums is screwed up. I start typing and I get a pop up list of emojji that doesn't go away. So I'm assuming the flag button must be broken. :disappointed:
  • Options
    MY GOD! See what you did OP you lured Dental in here with your bait, now it will be almost impossible to get rid of them. :p

Don't be silly.

Tell me about it. I keep clicking the flag button and you guys are still here. ;)

The code for the forums is screwed up. I start typing and I get a pop up list of emojji that doesn't go away. So I'm assuming the flag button must be broken. :disappointed:

The trick to flagging is to be correct in your reporting. As correct as can be. Without flagging a person as a troll just because you know their name. Too many and I suspect your flags get silently dropped without notice to you.

The trick to my posting is that it's high quality and appropriate, despite what some may think.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Dear Leader knew what needed to be done on Drozana because Dear Leader is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

I need to pass the time by playing a game of solitaire.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Don't be silly.

I think the flag button is broken. There's a HIGHLY offensive post in one of the news threads that I've reported numerous times this week AND linked a bunch of mods to in my reply to it and it hasn't seen any editing of any kind.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Griefing is the metagame in STO. Turn off zone chat. Report people harassing you or others. Get on with playing.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User

Don't be silly.

The trick to flagging is to be correct in your reporting. As correct as can be. Without flagging a person as a troll just because you know their name. Too many and I suspect your flags get silently dropped without notice to you.

The trick to my posting is that it's high quality and appropriate, despite what some may think.

I was joking about it. You I like. <3
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    I personally own that planet where the Borg were searching for artifacts from their Third Dynasty period.

Is that thrue? I thought it was mine. Never mind, you can have it.

Everybody keep informed, at the end of the summer event, I am going to give away the sun.
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Honestly, I can't stand Starfleet Dental. The lobby is a mess, the magazines are never current, they're always running late by at least two hours, and to put it bluntly--the hygienists aren't exactly Orion slave girls, know what I mean? They don't allow online payments, and since they only take gold-pressed latinum, you have to pay extra to insure your payment for transit! And will they fill out the insurance forms for you? Nooooooooo....

I just go to that other place down the corridor.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    While SFD is recognized as the official owners of Drozana Station, they're simply considered stewards -- NOT "owners" per se -- of Risa, voted in by popular election of year-round regulars on May 31st, 2016. We're simply there as a moral anchor for others in the zone, especially for those whos sense of decency and family values have gone wayward from what's generally accepted by those with a healthy, well-adjusted upbringing.

Ahem, I seem to have... missed... the ballot. And the entire election campaign, TBH... Who was your opposition? What is your platform? What is your definition of "well adjusted upbringing"? How is... enforcement... carried out?

I seem to remember a... flap, as it were... over the "belief" of a certain group's "well adjusted upbringing" insisting that memorials were places to party, and attempting to "enforce" said belief via the liberal application of subspace party amplifiers to the levels that specific "no amplifier zones" and "not be affected by said SPA items" were deemed necessary and "rush implemented".

For participating in a game who's source material "preached" tolerance and acceptance of the ways of others with minimal interference (Read: Prime Directive), the "stories" that reach me over the "application of the aforementioned moral anchor" isn't exactly in tune with the belief of tolerance.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    On the subject of Snow and Risa...

Why do the -Traction effects of the Frosted Boots seem to work especially well on the sand, something commonly used to gain traction on icy roads?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »

Why do the -Traction effects of the Frosted Boots seem to work especially well on the sand, something commonly used to gain traction on icy roads?

Maybe it's wet sand?

Or maybe Risian sand is more powdery and soft than Terran sand, because nothing on Risa should actually be abrasive and irritating. Well, except Ferengi.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    bergins wrote: »

Ground Trait: Vicious Hooning
  • Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    When I first met Dental, it was on Vulcan during the gathering of players to pay respect to Leonard Nemoy. I was there for about 1 hour when people first started going, and for 3 hours when the statue was erected. I saw them being goofy and messing around the way they were. To be honest, it did not bother me because there are enough instances of the game to go to, and I switched over to a clean instance and took a few pictures next to the statue. Didn't bother me any, because simply put, Dental was not in my way.

I encountered a man named Xean later on Risa, my first year there. He didn't like Dental's colorful expressions. I however, enjoyed seeing them be kind and giving out items to players on Risa.

I know Dental can see a bit out of hand, but to be honest, I think they, like every other fleet, have there ups and downs. They chose to make there opinions vocal through actions. If you don't like there actions, then walk away.

Dental is a mixed bag, as many fleets are. All you have to do is enjoy the up's and forgive and forget the downs so you can move through life positive. Your not forced to be around them, so why complain? Just enjoy and live up your own life.
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!