test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risa DOFFs Irreplaceable

During last year's Risa event I bought one of the top-quality DOFFs. A few months ago it inexplicable vanished on me. I believe it got eaten by a loadout bug but really can't be sure.

So I decided to just wait for the event to roll around again and buy a replacement...only I can't. Seems they're only purchasable once even if you've lost them.

Any chance of this being changed, or the DOFFs being made reclaimable somehow if lost?
@Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.

Comments

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    No free replacements
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Double post removed
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Reading comprehension fail is fail.

He asked about changing it so he can BUY them again, or reclaim them. Not reclaim them only.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    What do you use those Doff's for? I didn't think they were that usefull
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    They can be, if you're raising eggs or monkeys. They have the right modifiers to get a crit.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    What do you use those Doff's for? I didn't think they were that usefull

Last time I saw them I didn't think they were. I think one reduces the cooldown (or eliminates it?) of emergency power to engines when you use evasive maneuvers, while the other one reduces the cooldown (or eliminates it?) of evasive maneuvers when you use emergency power to engines.

While I use evasive maneuvers quite often, there's so many better options to use an eng BOff power for than EPtE.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    The geologist doff is the best for the bird-raising. They also are a good doff jobs candidate for geology and other science assignments. The entertainer is a fine purple entertainer for doff assignments.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Note to self: stop Executing Very Rare DOFFs....

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    dheffernan wrote: »
    During last year's Risa event I bought one of the top-quality DOFFs. A few months ago it inexplicable vanished on me. I believe it got eaten by a loadout bug but really can't be sure.

So I decided to just wait for the event to roll around again and buy a replacement...only I can't. Seems they're only purchasable once even if you've lost them.

Any chance of this being changed, or the DOFFs being made reclaimable somehow if lost?

I'm sorry I'm confused by this post. You meant you got a Risian top quality Doff? If so not sure how do you get one since I missed the blogs that these might be available as rewards.

Or

Did you mean you lost "other" high quality Doffs while you put them on the queue to grow eggs/tags?

Interesting to find out how you can get DOFF from a summer event since not sure they offer these in winter either.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    geographusgeographus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    storules wrote: »
    I'm sorry I'm confused by this post. You meant you got a Risian top quality Doff? If so not sure how do you get one since I missed the blogs that these might be available as rewards.
    [...]
    Interesting to find out how you can get DOFF from a summer event since not sure they offer these in winter either.​​

You can buy risian DOFFs for favours at the promenade (from the bird and monkey stores over the bridge
    across the start for the powerboard race).
  • Options
    geographus wrote: »
    [...]
    Interesting to find out how you can get DOFF from a summer event since not sure they offer these in winter either.

You can buy risian DOFFs for favours at the promenade (from the bird and monkey stores over the bridge

what do they do...that's spectacular?​​
  • Options
    geographusgeographus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    [...]
    Interesting to find out how you can get DOFF from a summer event since not sure they offer these in winter either.

what do they do...that's spectacular?​​

The active duty things are not that spectacualar, but they are quite decent for assignments. One of them
    (geologist) is AFAIK the best DOFF for raising the birds on Risa, so you have a better chance getting the
    rare versions and thus more marks. The other one (entertainer) is pretty decent for matching DOFF
    assignments as well.

Taken into considerations how fast favours can accumulate if you grind Risa a little, they are quite easy to
    obtain though.
  • Options
    [...]

what do they do...that's spectacular?

The active duty things are not that spectacualar, but they are quite decent for assignments. One of them
    (geologist) is AFAIK the best DOFF for raising the birds on Risa, so you have a better chance getting the
    rare versions and thus more marks. The other one (entertainer) is pretty decent for matching DOFF
    assignments as well.

Taken into considerations how fast favours can accumulate if you grind Risa a little, they are quite easy to
    obtain though.

Thanks for the explanation!​​
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Also last time i checked the DOFFs, you needed to have some Risa Accolades to buy them.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    You can buy the blue DOFFs without the accolade, but to get the VR ones, you need to get the Master Relaxer accolade.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D