test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which factions would be nice to see as playble ones?

Comments

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Srsly, why even more factions that cryptic can happily neglect?
    The 2 non feds we have are already on life support and cryptic dosen't seem to be in a hurry to change that.
    And the "fourth" one we'll get? It's "fed 1.5" with a different turotial that megres with fed after 6 missions.

Very much this.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Cardassian Union
    I notice quite a few want terran empire.
    But can you not play them already? There are mirror uniforms and ships accessible to Fed Players (up to a T6 mirror Guardian cruiser). And they aren't that different anyway. And even if a new faction happens, it'll be part of either Fed or KDF fleet.
    So if you create a toon, get him a mirror ship and mirror uniform - isn't the rest down to roleplaying? Pls correct me if I am wrong...but I just don't get that - no Insult meant, I just don't understand.
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Terran Empire
    Ok, but if there really will be new federation faction, i would like to see that Fedeartion ships after NX Class.
    As it would be nice to see story about first day of Fedearation and all that starships between that era and TOS.

Also that would open a space for other factions, as there is lot of opportunities to write about for all.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Guys... I understand if you don't want to play as one (or actually, I don't as it would be fantastic but I'll accept it nevertheless :p ) but at least support the Voth faction!

If you don't want to play it, then at least support it with the knowledge that you're making me a very happy person :):D:p
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would not mind seeing them expand into a delta quad alliance of the major races in the quad that dominate it, prior as well as after Voyager traveling thru the quad. Though I also would love to see the Bynar added to the list of playable races that might actually have their own ships, the idea of a race of beings that are tied to a computer as well as others of their race thru implants they have would be quite interesting to see.
  • Options
    Terran Empire
    risian4 wrote: »
    Guys... I understand if you don't want to play as one (or actually, I don't as it would be fantastic but I'll accept it nevertheless :p ) but at least support the Voth faction!

If you don't want to play it, then at least support it with the knowledge that you're making me a very happy person :):D:p

Voths are Ok, but di think if i remember well that they didn't had homeworld, as they all lived on Mothership, so yes there is a story for them, how they settles and started to build and expand, and who is that mysterious race with which they are in war and war is so bad, that they even planned to use omega to destroy subspace.

Now i really would like to see their ARC also :)
  • Options
    I don't think it was stated that they don't have a homeworld. They're probably at war with the Borg, which is why it would make sense to add them as they could ally with Task Force Omega :)
  • Options
    Terran Empire
    Anyone for Krenim imperium? so Annorax is simply cause consoles is seems :/
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Cardassian Union
    Cardassians always over all others!​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Playable Breen would be cool.
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I'd like to see the Klingon faction finished before a new one gets made. I'd also like a Klingon version for AoY.
  • Options
    Terran Empire
    I think that klingons will soon be integrated in Federation, as that need to happen in 25th century, its just matter of time, tho its question how it will happen, will there be some war or civil, collapse of empire and then integration of particular parts, while other ones will stay out Fedearation, i have no idea what to expect.
    If someone else has better clue, i would like to hear :)
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Any new playble faction would be great
    I'd be fine with any additional playable factions.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Dominion
    Also the Dominion could be integrated into the Cardassian faction. But not sure if the Gamma Dominion would want another partnership with Cardassia after the war. There would be a lot of mistrust and resentment. Especially seeing as the Changeling leader was released. I don't think they would forget the genocide.
    The "Dominion" would never be a faction, as the changelings and Vorta dont fight.

It would be a Jem'Hadar faction where you spend the whole game being bossed around by your ships Vorta in a situation that would make Tovan Khev look enjoyable.

Even Gecko has said they might do a Jem Hadar faction, specifically mentioning the Jem'Hadar, not The Dominion, as being one of the few races, along with Cardassians, Ferengi, and Borg Cooperative with a big enough of a fanbase to justify even something as small as a WoW deathknight style character where they just start you off at level 50 or so.
    Vorta are more than capable of fighting... they just don't. It does seem likely that your first officer in the dominion faction would be a Vorta though. and the random redshirts Jemhadar.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Dominion
    Really something like the old Dominion alliance might work with the Founders, Vorta, Jem'Hadar and Breen with the Dominion's "slaves".
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Dominion
    I kinda figure that they could use some of the lesser Gamma races as Dominion members. It's not really a retcon since these were never really explored from that POV.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    How about playable human Augment faction? The stories tell themselves, struggling to keep your people alive and safe from being hunted.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Dominion
    I'd choose mirror Dominion or Orion Syndicate, after all it'll be a subfaction so why not.
  • Options
    Terran Empire
    No one for Krenim imperium?
  • Options
    ezicstar#2795 ezicstar Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Dominion
    I really don't get why so many people want a Cardassian faction. A race would be fine, but there's no real faction worth mentioning anymore. Even in the past it seemed like they were always the series' most underachieving villains. Their high point was becoming semi-competent lackeys of the Dominion and even that led to their complete ruin after being sidelined by the Breen. Now there's basically nothing for them to do but limp into the arms of the Fed, maybe spinning off a few more dissident groups to become lackeys of other villains.
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Cardassian Union
    Because it's cool. Nobody cares if they lost to the 'good' guys. Because they had entire series along with the Dominion qualifies them to be used.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I know it'll probably never happen, but I'd like to see an independent/civilian faction in which you're just a civilian freighter captain out doing his/her own thing, making money and maybe doing some side jobs for Starfleet, or the KDF, or whoever.
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    A Mirror fraction if it happened would likely be implemented in the same manner as the AoY one. I could see a 5 mission arc proceeding the Fed content with the "heroic" captain thinking their mirror overlords were too mean; Turning traitor on the cusp of some "atrocity" and promptly crossing the divide into the waiting arms of the larger fed population. Mirror ships would be sold. A mirror experience done right would be awesome; So would have a classic Trek experience.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    wag61283wag61283 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Dominion
    I say dominion or cardassian Since it be interestingly. Mainly dominion because I do not buy that the founders just gave up on trying to rule the alpha quadrant
  • Options
    Terran Empire
    I know it'll probably never happen, but I'd like to see an independent/civilian faction in which you're just a civilian freighter captain out doing his/her own thing, making money and maybe doing some side jobs for Starfleet, or the KDF, or whoever.

i like that idea also :)
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    Romulan Star Empire
    Ferengi Alliance could be interesting. I'm just concerned that the Ferengi characters would be too cookie cutter stereotypical. I'm almost afraid to think of what the story would revolve around. Maybe they could put more focus on the marauder types that we saw in tng?

Cardassians, post militaristic, but still having to deal with the issues which initially lead to the rise of the Obsidian Order? The True Way would obviously be an issue. A part of the story could revolve around attempted reconciliation with them.

I could see the Dominion as being a major project. The issue of Dominion traveling across the Alpha quadrant and vice versa could be dealt with through the story or patrol missions. For characters on "our" side of the wormhole, a captain would become a diplomatic envoy. For the reverse, Dominion vessels could be permitted travel after (blank). We wouldn't necessarily need the entire Gamma Quadrant. The core sectors would be inaccessible to all. To the A. Quadrant for obvious reasons. To the Dominion characters due to the risk of Alpha Quadrant treachery. Home base would be a world developed primarily around manufacturing and cloning facilities, and as a transit point for visiting envoys. To make things more interesting there could be cities where the inhabitants aren't too thrilled that their world was chosen for this, but being loyal subjects and all...
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    You do know that Tribbles are Pan-Dimensional beings that have been experimenting on us for over 150 years. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Fed or gtfo is pretty much where we are now. So what would be the point of more fractions?
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • Options
    mmps1 wrote: »
    Fed or gtfo is pretty much where we are now. So what would be the point of more fractions?

That's why I believe that new factions or species should at least have some special abilities. They'd need to be more than just another skin for our characters.

At least on the ground you could have some diversity then, and an unique experience. Even if it means they still end up playing the same episodes and stories.
  • Options
    ezicstar#2795 ezicstar Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Dominion
    > @sarreous said:
    > I could see the Dominion as being a major project. The issue of Dominion traveling across the Alpha quadrant and vice versa could be dealt with through the story or patrol missions. For characters on "our" side of the wormhole, a captain would become a diplomatic envoy. For the reverse, Dominion vessels could be permitted travel after (blank). We wouldn't necessarily need the entire Gamma Quadrant. The core sectors would be inaccessible to all. To the A. Quadrant for obvious reasons. To the Dominion characters due to the risk of Alpha Quadrant treachery. Home base would be a world developed primarily around manufacturing and cloning facilities, and as a transit point for visiting envoys. To make things more interesting there could be cities where the inhabitants aren't too thrilled that their world was chosen for this, but being loyal subjects and all...
    >
    >

I hope that if they do this (and I do hope that they do), it's a full-on expansion and not just a bolt-on faction. It should include a full Gamma quadrant open to all players with new zones, etc. That much should come with the territory if they're going to make the Dominion playable.

Dominion PCs are an interesting quandary because in a sense, allowing people complete freedom to roam around the galaxy runs contrary to who the Dominion are. PCs could be from minor member races who aren't really entrusted with much by the Founders, or could be Changelings themselves, which would give us (and only us) complete freedom and make for an interesting narrative, though it limits player choice somewhat.

That should be years down the line though.
    Post edited by ezicstar#2795 on