test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lohlunat 2015 vouchers? What can be done with them?

I have a toon that has quite a bit of the Lohlunat 2015 vouchers and was wondering if there is anything that can be done with them. I have looked to see if they can be traded in like with other former event vouchers but haven't found anything. Am I missing something?
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?

Comments

• Options
    fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    under event rep (the one with 'Q') you can click on an empty event slot and Risa will pop up.
    then 'donate' your vouchers to that...when you have 1000 donated, your account will have access to a new ship.

enjoy
  • Options
    lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Thanks, but I am talking about the 2015 vouchers. :D
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If you have the project for last year you can use them for that... if you don't have the ship. IIRC double clicking on them opens a conversion store.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    Apparently you can not. I have the 2015 Risa project not completed and also collected the 2016 vouchers and it can not be used in the 2015 event and I have been told it is a yearly thing. It is annoying because I want to complete the 2015 Risa event but can not get anymore 2015 vouchers and the 2016 vouchers can only be used on the 2016 event. Unless I am missing something and no one told me?
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Recently, vouchers were changed to have annual connotations to them, and any new ship projects from here on out only use vouchers from the same year.
    The devs did this to keep people from "saving up" vouchers from previous festivals, either from stocking up on them in the event stores, or grinding them out after completing the main event ship project, and then acquiring new event ships far faster than what they felt was appropriate.

Kind of a.... harsh measure, to be frank.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Recently, vouchers were changed to have annual connotations to them, and any new ship projects from here on out only use vouchers from the same year.
    The devs did this to keep people from "saving up" vouchers from previous festivals, either from stocking up on them in the event stores, or grinding them out after completing the main event ship project, and then acquiring new event ships far faster than what they felt was appropriate.

Rather stupid IMO. If we grind the event on 3 characters, then we should get the ship for 3 years in a row.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

Rather stupid IMO. If we grind the event on 3 characters, then we should get the ship for 3 years in a row.

Meh. The point is to participate in each year's event for each year's prize. Not to grind lots and then coast on by.

Personally, I'm constantly surprised by how many people have trouble understanding "limited time" events & prizes. /shrug (And yeah, I've missed plenty of events/etc in games over the years. That's life. Deal with it.)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »

Meh. The point is to participate in each year's event for each year's prize. Not to grind lots and then coast on by.

Personally, I'm constantly surprised by how many people have trouble understanding "limited time" events & prizes. /shrug (And yeah, I've missed plenty of events/etc in games over the years. That's life. Deal with it.)

Not everyone has the time or ability to spend 5 minutes each day for a month to get a ship. Some people could get stuck in a place with poor internet connection for the summer due to work or holidays. If I put in the effort to get the ship, then I should be able to get the ship. Limited time prizes that are only available for 1.5 months penalize newcomers. If I put in the effort or Lobi, then I should be able to get the Risan ships even if I started this year.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I believe earlier this year you were able to convert the 2015 Lohlunat Favor Vouchers for various R&D packages, spec points, XP, and update kits. But that was earlier this year. What can you do with the 2015 Vouchers now? Well, you can allow it to take up inventory space or you can delete them.

• Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Yet another whiner excuse thread. Every damn time an event comes up there is some cry baby whining whaaa I have excuse after excuse why I couldn't finish the event. Please just buck up buttercup you messed up and fail to grasp what a lilmited time offer or event is. So tired of these excuses.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    "Buck up buttercup"? Do you know my wife? ;)
  • Options
    If you have the project for last year you can use them for that... if you don't have the ship. IIRC double clicking on them opens a conversion store.

Thank you for the tip however, right clicking on them only gives the standard option for info or discard. :(

• Options
    edited June 2016
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Yet another whiner excuse thread. Every damn time an event comes up there is some cry baby whining whaaa I have excuse after excuse why I couldn't finish the event. Please just buck up buttercup you messed up and fail to grasp what a lilmited time offer or event is. So tired of these excuses.

Before you TROLL a thread, you might want to actually take the time and read the OP. Your EMO troll post just makes you look ill informed and angry. You should check your racism at the log in screen next time.

If you had bothered to read the OP you would have known that I was just asking what to do with "left over" unused vouchers on an alternate toon. I said nothing about not completing the event... In fact where did you even get that from? Again, I guess when you are a racist bigot, facts don't matter.
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    If I were you I would keep the project, just in case in the future they introduce a limited time to collect vouchers for previous projects. As for the vouchers for previous events hold on to them as well, may be able to convert them in the future or give them to someone else, if it is possible. If it is possible to give vouchers to other players, I need vouchers for the 2015 rise event. Game name is Raj@Raj_2011.
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    raj011 wrote: »
    If I were you I would keep the project, just in case in the future they introduce a limited time to collect vouchers for previous projects. As for the vouchers for previous events hold on to them as well, may be able to convert them in the future or give them to someone else, if it is possible. If it is possible to give vouchers to other players, I need vouchers for the 2015 rise event. Game name is Raj@Raj_2011.

In the blog post for this summer's event, the devs revealed that you can now buy previous years' vouchers from the lobi store. It was stated that they should appear in your store so long as you have an applicable project sloted, then would disappear when it was completed or deleted. It was also stated that this would be the only way to obtain them going forward. So on the bright side there is an option to finish the project, unfortunately it is an extremely expensive way to finish it. Especially if you are not very far along. Also, I'm sorry but event currency is character bound, so no one can give you any.

As to the OP, it never hurts to keep an old item like the vouchers, unless of course your bank is full. However, I think the time of the buyback store is over. It seems like it was a way to burn off the vast amount of saved up pearls, glossies, and qmendations that people collected before it was revealed that the currency would change each year. As a way of lessening the "blow" as it were. Now that we have had a full cycle of events since that was announced though, it seemes likely that Cryptic assumes no one would stockpile extras except perhaps for the post-ship rep project which only accepts the current event's currency. So again, if you have the room there is no reason to delete them, but the odds against the return of the store seem high. (Especially, seeing as it was always announced and opened before the event)
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    zarato4218 wrote: »

In the blog post for this summer's event, the devs revealed that you can now buy previous years' vouchers from the lobi store. It was stated that they should appear in your store so long as you have an applicable project sloted, then would disappear when it was completed or deleted. It was also stated that this would be the only way to obtain them going forward. So on the bright side there is an option to finish the project, unfortunately it is an extremely expensive way to finish it. Especially if you are not very far along. Also, I'm sorry but event currency is character bound, so no one can give you any.

As to the OP, it never hurts to keep an old item like the vouchers, unless of course your bank is full. However, I think the time of the buyback store is over. It seems like it was a way to burn off the vast amount of saved up pearls, glossies, and qmendations that people collected before it was revealed that the currency would change each year. As a way of lessening the "blow" as it were. Now that we have had a full cycle of events since that was announced though, it seemes likely that Cryptic assumes no one would stockpile extras except perhaps for the post-ship rep project which only accepts the current event's currency. So again, if you have the room there is no reason to delete them, but the odds against the return of the store seem high. (Especially, seeing as it was always announced and opened before the event)

I redeemed a bunch on a less used alt just last night. If you have eligible items the event store will show the appropriate conversions as available.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    advice that i have, it is expensive, make sure you have enough Lobi shards and trade in for current events if you missed several days away.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    There should be a conversion store opened when these events are "on" or a way to get rid off old vouchers. Please Devs make it so.​​
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    edrogen wrote: »
    I redeemed a bunch on a less used alt just last night. If you have eligible items the event store will show the appropriate conversions as available.

Yes, this is true for any pearls, glossies, or qmendations you have left. However dated vouchers like the OP is talking about (Lohlunat 2015, Winter 2015, 6th Anniversary, etc.) do not give this option and are not usable in the buyback store. The devs could decide to change this someday, which is why I said it couldn't hurt to keep them just in case (so long as the OP has the extra bank room), but the chances of that policy change seem rather low.

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I have a toon that has quite a bit of the Lohlunat 2015 vouchers and was wondering if there is anything that can be done with them. I have looked to see if they can be traded in like with other former event vouchers but haven't found anything. Am I missing something?

as it stands if you haven't got a 2015 ship project slotted 2015 vouchers are of no use to you at all except to waste bank slots.
    the buyback store was only ever intended for trading in Qmendations from the anniversary event, pearls from the summer event and q'pics from the winter event, it was never intended for use on the dated vouchers.
    Apparently you can not. I have the 2015 Risa project not completed and also collected the 2016 vouchers and it can not be used in the 2015 event and I have been told it is a yearly thing. It is annoying because I want to complete the 2015 Risa event but can not get anymore 2015 vouchers and the 2016 vouchers can only be used on the 2016 event. Unless I am missing something and no one told me?

if you have a 2015 ship project slotted you cannot complete it with 2016 vouchers, you can however use any 2015 vouchers you might have together with 2015 vouchers purchased from the lobi store to complete the project.

from now on players have to realise the vouchers are only any good for active projects from the year they are dated, you cannot use 2015 vouchers for the 2016 project and you cannot use 2016 vouchers for the 2015 projects, the only way you can finish projects after the event ends is to buy the appropriate vouchers from the lobi store, this is better then what they were originally intending to do i.e. delete all unfinished projects after each event so I guess we should be grateful for this small concession.

I have been trying to warn players of these changes for some time despite often receiving hostility for my efforts and although I tried my best to warn people I guess I couldn't reach everyone.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    zarato4218 Thank you for the info and the post. :D
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »

Before you TROLL a thread, you might want to actually take the time and read the OP. Your EMO troll post just makes you look ill informed and angry. You should check your racism at the log in screen next time.

If you had bothered to read the OP you would have known that I was just asking what to do with "left over" unused vouchers on an alternate toon. I said nothing about not completing the event... In fact where did you even get that from? Again, I guess when you are a racist bigot, facts don't matter.

Wow. I have to agree, SSBN overstepped a line, but I don't think there was any form of racism demonstrated at all in this thread. Care to explain your accusations? If only to make others aware of how not to appear racist by accident?

BTW, @ssbn655

I found it somewhat ironic that you would come down so hard on someone for "whining" after your (allegedly pain medication induced) whine fest that happened just recently.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock