test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

flying hack in Risa?

wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
i have the fastest jetpack, today i was flying around the island, and saw someone just flew past me and far outflew to end line before i was in half-way on green hologram path.
i was like how did he got that speed, i am using elite jetpack.

if he wasnt using speed hack, than how he got faster?

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    there are 3 classes of floaters aka jetpacks

standard

elite

Superior

Superior being the fastest , its likely the other player was using a superior quality floater .
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Assuming you meant superior and do have the fastest, they might also have the Lohlunat or Risa tribble which gives a speed boost.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Assuming you meant superior and do have the fastest, they might also have the Lohlunat or Risa tribble which gives a speed boost.

With everything else equal it's the Lohlunat Tribble like sheldon says. The +5 flight speed doesn't 'read' like it would be significant but in practice it's a worthy boost.

Quick link for the interested: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Lohlunat_Tribble
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    Perhaps lag?
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User

Yep, pretty much this.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    There are NPCs with floaters that actually follow the paths you take in the flying high mission. Even if you don't have the mission you can still see them flying the paths around the map. It's possible what you saw was an NPC that was moving a bit too fast for some reason, possibly due to a glitch, or perhaps they were designed to move that fast.

On second thought, it was probably just another player with a superior floater and risian tribble buff.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I agree with the others. It was likely another player with a superior floater, combined with a tropical tribble speed boost.

I use the same combo, and let me tell you, you definitely can see and feel the difference. Most of us use them during the horga'hn hunt so we can get multiple toons through in the time allotted.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I'm surprised no one has said something like this yet....

Whoa, someone is better at this game than i am so they must be hacking the game and cheating! ;)
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    clearly hax
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I have a superior floater, use the tribble, AND I use the space bar to "turbo" around a lot to (you can stay relatively level while doing that by aiming your camera towards the ground), which gives a significant boost. So it might be a combo of those things.

What I can't figure out is how folks are passing me during the race while I have the fastest board type and they have equal or lesser versions of the board I have (and this is happening outside of the speed boosts during the race). Other than lag being a factor maybe.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I'd guess lag myself. I have a BTTF board and other riders using the same board blow by me like I'm sitting still.

No, it isn't the Tropical tribbles, they have no affect on the boards, only on the floaters.

I can only assume my lag is more than their lag. Not complaining since there isn't much I can do about it, just run the race the best I know how
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    oh, ok, i got superior, red pack version.

so that person got tribble speed buffer? ok, thanks you all.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'm surprised no one has said something like this yet....

Whoa, someone is better at this game than i am so they must be hacking the game and cheating! ;)

Yes, people were just answering the question and offering advice without pointlessly criticizing the OP.

It's the end of the world. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.