test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

alien species request

Comments

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Any actual alien with such a head must have severe neck problems.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Any actual alien with such a head must have severe neck problems.

OR, severely strong neck muscles.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    depends on a number of factors, gravity, neck muscles, how light the head is, how well insulated the brain is from lateral loading from moving about too much and so on.

its the same biologically for women who have a larger chest, the more weight up there, the more back problems it causes due to gravity, weight, back muscles and how well that area is kept secure to keep from causing more trouble and so on.

its a matter of fact that if the head is very large and contains a lot of weight with a tiny neck, it would look really stupid, especially on a humanoid.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    To me this looks like less of a large head, and more of an illusion caused by having a long head tentacle (like the twi'lek from star wars) extended from the back of the skull that is coiled up behind the head when not in use. I do love this look, which I could even see being used in the Guyver anime series, or even in any other sci fi series.