test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expansion Content in plain numbers

2»

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    This is feeling a bit like Expansion 3: The Search for Story. I understand that the TOS faction has taken a lot of work. Geko explained that making it 23rd is massively harder than just throwing in another 25th century faction due to the artwork, effects, UI and how they needed to change almost everything to make it authentic and there is clearly a lot of ships coming and other things like specialization and the recruitment event, but the actual mission content seems very low.

At the moment we have about 9 missions and a queue (one more should be out in short order) and they may be holding back some missions as to not spoil the story, or they may be reducing content now so that they have significant stuff to release on the actual 50th anniversary as Ex 3.5.

DR had about 10, plus a massive battlezone, 3 queues and tons of patrol missions. Has the complexity of making a 23rd century faction really knocked that much mission content out, or are they holding tons back? I understand not every expansion is directly comparable and the effort to make stuff doesn't change just because people think content type A looks more involved than content type B. I'm still happy that I will enjoy the content, but honestly next time I hope they choose the option that allows them to really focus on new missions.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    rom had no recuitment
    tos has (with many goodies)

rom had no specialization
    tos has

rom ...
    tos has the bloody past ,present ,future ,kelvin timeline and ...

*seconded*
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    I'd saw they're holding things back. The last mission released was a level 40 mission so I'd expect a lot of extra content at level 50 and above, not to mention featured episode style content that they will feed to us to keep us lean and hungry. I seriously doubt we've seen the end of Agents of Yesterday. Patience Grasshopper, all things in time.
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    So we get 7 new missions with this expansion?
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Specialization was indeed added to the game in the Delta Expansion, which was later than the Rom Expansion.
    But the Delta expansion also got more than one season of episodes.

The Delta Quadrant with 18 episodes (2 missions was added later, not directly when the expansion came out)
    Iconian War with 8 episodes (season was added later, not directly when the expansion came out)
    Future Proof with 4 episodes (season was added later, not directly when the expansion came out)

which adds up to 30 missions

Rom expansion and Delta expansion both also added some Adventure Zone Planets (Nimbus, New Romulus, and Kobali), with a bunch of missions for people.

---
    awlaforge wrote: »
    Now that the details have been announced, I think we can compare Agents of Yesterday more accurately. It is not a "Legacy of Romulus" type of expansion, it is more of a "Delta Rising" expansion. For comparison, I have posted links to both reward announcement blogs below.

Delta Rising - Delta Recruitment rewards

Agents of Yesterday - Temporal Agent Rewards

So, there is an apples to apples comparison in contrast to the apples to bananas comparison between AoY and LoR.
    Not really sure the Recruitment thing counts. As it is a temporary event. After the event ends only people that made a recruit in that time will get access to that stuff.

---
    So we get 7 new missions with this expansion?
    8 missions... on the test server atleast.
    5 for the new faction group, and 3 missions everyone shares access to.
    Post edited by claudiusdk on
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    The Temporal Agent and Delta Recruitment are the same as in you have to create a unique captain (Starfleet only this time) in order to access some of the content that results in benefits for the rest of your account. There were no new early missions (level 1-50) in Delta Rising. The bulk of the content piggy backed on to post level 50 content. So in a sense, you are getting "more" content because of the new pre-50 missions added. I would say "Legacy of Romulus" is unique as it introduces a new faction, as opposed to modifying existing ones. Agents of Yesterday is probably a hybrid of the two; modifies Starfleet by allowing play in the 23 century while integrating them into the 25 and beyond.
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »

Plus two new not-released-on-tribble missions tomorrow. So, ten new missions total plus two PvE Queues.
    captsol wrote: »
    claudiusdk wrote: »

Plus two new not-released-on-tribble missions tomorrow. So, ten new missions total plus two PvE Queues.

Yup, was just heading in to add them.
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Eh, just have to say you.. errored on the First post its July 6th Patch Notes and not July 7th since Wednesday is July 6 aka Tomorrow.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I wouldn't call really call AOY a full exspansion when you consider the total content. Its not even in the same league as LoR or Delta Rising unless they plan on adding more later for temporal shenanigans.
    lighte007 wrote: »
    Eh, just have to say you.. errored on the First post its July 6th Patch Notes and not July 7th since Wednesday is July 6 aka Tomorrow.

Oh thank you. :blush:
    Yeah the number on the date wasn't the main thing on my mind when I updated my post. >_<