test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

star trek magazine confirms Joseph Gatt

http://i.imgur.com/WSTI3Fb.jpg

"From the alternate timeline of the J.J.verse, Joseph Gatt arrives in the game as science officer 0718, last seen in Star Trek Into Darkness. 0718 will join forces with captains in their fight to save two universes!"

sqwee!!!

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    and people doubted the rumor source
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    eeeeyup!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Well, that's settled then. A rather.. unique way to distribute information. Instead of making an official announcement they are leaking bits of information here and there. Not exactly the most sophisticated marketing strategy.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    there better not be more than one TRIBBLE episode with this TRIBBLE.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    there better not be more than one **** episode with this ****.

I kinda hope theres a whole arc of it so I can make a killing selling torches, pitchforks, and popcorn. Prolly even sell some extinguishers too.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

You need to embrace your inner JJ. Accept the inevitable...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    YES! Basement cat commands it! :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    szim wrote: »
    YES! Basement cat commands it! :p

you sir get 5 points... the maximum allowable in one day. I haven't seen a basement cat reference in years.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    0718 could be the answer to Liberated Borg Captains for the TOS faction. If there is some human that was cybernetically enhanced by some alien race in the 23rd Century of the JJ Universe, then the same thing could have happened in the Prime Universe. Although, it would be more fun to have Liberated Borg done in the style of TOS.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User

You're going to be disappointed, as they're is a lot of JJ stuff coming, trust me.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    sunfrancks wrote: »

You're going to be disappointed, as they're is a lot of JJ stuff coming, trust me.

more than the 4 ships? a whole season of TRIBBLE?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    That's great phtoshop work there! But, as we all already know, there's absolutely no possible way that JJ-Trek can be used in STO. CBS said no. Paramount owns it. CBS ... Paramount ... the legions of fans ... they all hate this chit chat and jibba jabba.

Let the dream die like Hobus did in the Prime Universe. Let it all go like the Romulans did to their homeworld in the Prime Universe.

There's no way JJ Abrams work ever touches this game. I've been told so thousands of times in the past. How is this time any different?

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    That's great phtoshop work there! But, as we all already know, there's absolutely no possible way that JJ-Trek can be used in STO. CBS said no. Paramount owns it. CBS ... Paramount ... the legions of fans ... they all hate this chit chat and jibba jabba.

Let the dream die like Hobus did in the Prime Universe. Let it all go like the Romulans did to their homeworld in the Prime Universe.

There's no way JJ Abrams work ever touches this game. I've been told so thousands of times in the past. How is this time any different?

;)
    Soo.. is there a source for this information or is it just your opinion?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mrtrexy#6456 mrtrexy Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    there is no photoshop, this is from the newest star trek magazine:

http://titanmagazines.com/t/star-trek/us/57/

you can buy a digital copy and see it for yourself
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2016

You do realise that if JJ-Trek can break into the Prime Universe then the Prime Universe can break into JJ-Trek? As we are in the Prime Universe, we have the opportunity to stop it in its tracks!
  • Options

;)
    Soo.. is there a source for this information or is it just your opinion?

Yes. These forums. The past 6 years of this game and its forums. I've been convinced of these statements by this community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashrod63 wrote: »

You do realise that if JJ-Trek can break into the Prime Universe then the Prime Universe can break into JJ-Trek? As we are in the Prime Universe, we have the opportunity to stop it in its tracks!

I have now, in my head, this image of a pack of tal shiar adapted destroyers and battlecruisers popping out near the Narada, and unleashing hell while the Kelvin has this huge cartoon bubble 'WTF Just happened?' over it.
  • Options

If you wanted me to purchase your photoshop work, you could have just linked your deviant art account or your etsy!

;)

As much as I'd LIKE to believe these rumors, I again point to this very community that has convinced us all for 6 strong and solid years that the ONLY stuff in STO that exists is PRIME universe. No JJ-Trek. Ever. At all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2016

I hope theres a whole voiced, custom-modeled, resource-intensive, long, over-arching, multi-episode chain of stories and metaplot advances based on JJ-Trek that compses an entirely new expansion, ships and all. One, because I enjoyed all the movies and find the new direction, characterizations and aesthetics to be nice and refreshing to a rapidly staling IP.

And two, doing so would chase off whole legions of sniveling, self-entitled jackoffs like you out of the game, thus making it overall more enjoyable for the rest of us.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    mrtrexy#6456 mrtrexy Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    used my phone to take some piks of the article pages on my tablet

http://imgur.com/a/QWeK3
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User

There is NO source. See any statement from cryptic, cbs or paramount confirming any of this? No. Because there isn't any. Do you know what that means? It means this bs isn't from an official source, its written by some idiot writer who doesn't fact check and instead just takes unsubstantiated rumors and 'theories' off the internet and presents them as fact. Just like bloggers, writers and editors do every day. Just like tons of idiots on this site have been doing.

No official source = bs by definition.
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User

There is NO source. See any statement from cryptic, cbs or paramount confirming any of this? No. Because there isn't any. Do you know what that means? It means this bs isn't from an official source, its written by some idiot writer who doesn't fact check and instead just takes unsubstantiated rumors and 'theories' off the internet and presents them as fact. Just like bloggers, writers and editors do every day. Just like tons of idiots on this site have been doing.

No official source = bs by definition.

I knew a guy who lived by this approach. He ignored any warning, indication, or information from the unwashed. He was ill-prepared for anything of consequence and floundered in utter destitution. Despair and confusion were his companions; irrational skepticism, his handicap. The burden of regret.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1

Just wait until the Salty Tears Lockbox comes out... :lol:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1

If you wanted me to purchase your photoshop work, you could have just linked your deviant art account or your etsy!

;)

As much as I'd LIKE to believe these rumors, I again point to this very community that has convinced us all for 6 strong and solid years that the ONLY stuff in STO that exists is PRIME universe. No JJ-Trek. Ever. At all.

I do hope this is sarcasm on your part, and a passive-aggressive attempt at calling out the community for taking speculation-as-fact...

Because, if not, well... parts of that premise are very naive (to think that companies couldn't work out their differences, or new licenses), if not dead wrong (this game was clearly changed by the events of the 2009 movie that took place in the prime universe, so to deny it isn't in this game is pure delusion).

Like I said, though, I'm reading your comments as sarcasm, and methinks you'll have your "I told you so" day to this community very soon, LOLZ... :smile:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to be calling other posters self-entitled ****offs.

Whether you are a Lord or a simple peasant that is out-of-bounds.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    highlord83 wrote: »

I hope theres a whole voiced, custom-modeled, resource-intensive, long, over-arching, multi-episode chain of stories and metaplot advances based on JJ-Trek that compses an entirely new expansion, ships and all. One, because I enjoyed all the movies and find the new direction, characterizations and aesthetics to be nice and refreshing to a rapidly staling IP.

And two, doing so would chase off whole legions of sniveling, self-entitled jackoffs like you out of the game, thus making it overall more enjoyable for the rest of us.

Here, I'll sum up all JJ projects:

Steal a basic plot from a beloved classic, add lens flare to make things look sci-fi, change it with bad writing and meandering, senseless plot, add more lens flare, throw in a butt-load of pew-pew and lens flare to cover said terrible writing, add even more lens flare, destroy classic icons with ZERO regard to damage to original material simply for cheap 'dramatic effect' (that fails miserably), add MOAR lens flare, and never, EVER explain what is happening (because the writers don't know themselves - just add more pew-pew and lens flare) so there really is never ever a true, satisfying conclusion. Oh, and did I mention... ADD LENS FLARE!

71136c4467eaaec89da7417c6dcc651d3776255a_r.jpg
    People will keep liking what you don't like.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    why does not enjoying something make one sniveling or self-entitled?

• Options
    dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    Thank the Great Bird that everything in the game is entirely OPTIONABLE.

Others can have the Abramsverse but I think I'll skip.