test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vorgon data plans in the Artifact hunt

I hve been arouund STO for a number of years now, and I was thinking about these Vorgon Dataplans. (I'll call them schematics for lack of a better term.)

What I was thinking is These seem like a good way to introduce a new ship into the game. People who have been here a long time will remember the Delta Flyer Schematics where you had to run around and collect parts in order to build the Delta Flyer. This was before the DF was added to the C Store.

What if these Vorgon Schematics wll be similiar to that. Collect all of the schematics on Risa which then opens a mission to go and retrieve the construction plans for the Vogon Fonord then you can actually build one in order to add it to your roster?
fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
@ren_larreck

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Well, we'll find out soon enough when somebody manages to collect all those particular parts for the accolade.
    I have three of the five so far.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Im up to 4 right now.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    very interesting. would be an impressive add for the event. Hey, anyone else make the new tribble?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the new tribble is a lot like the old one, but instead of psi resist it gives regen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I got all the ship-related items.
    Each of them gives a "a new item has been unlocked in the store", but nothing appears anywhere.

I also got ALL the temporal-displaced items and, apart from the accolade, it doesn't unlock anything. BOOOOOOOO!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I got all the ship-related items.
    Each of them gives a "a new item has been unlocked in the store", but nothing appears anywhere.

I also got ALL the temporal-displaced items and, apart from the accolade, it doesn't unlock anything. BOOOOOOOO!

Ditto. So far i got the notice about a new item being unlocked in the store, but there's nothing.
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Could be skin options for the event ship, maybe?
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Could be skin options for the event ship, maybe?

Makes sense.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Skin, maybe interior too?
    Would be nice, but if so, then it should be announced somewhere oficially...
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Well, being that the advertisement of the Xyflus speaks about it's console being usable "on all Vorgon Ships", and the flavor text of the deck plans saying that they're detailed enough to build the ship with enough manpower (which should be little issue for a Fleet Admiral / Dahar Master to "order up") - it's fairly likely that there will be another Vorgon Ship that's "earned" through this methodology - though when we players can actually see it is up to the Devs...

I'm starting to wonder if it's not something that needs to be dealt with during the AoY stuff...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    well this is quite fascinating. None of my characters have more than 1 plans so I'm going to switch and have only 1 character do this hunt now. Impressive easter egg if true I say.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    It unlocks an audio clip of the Guardian of Forever reciting really bad poetry ;)
    oh dear, it's a FNORD class ship. Could be a private joke/troll.

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The feeling I get is that maybe an episode will involve a Vorgon ship getting crashed on Risa in the past, or something similar. Maybe we are responsible for it?
    The store unlock message is a bit confusing though... :o
    SulMatuul.png
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    For those that have the full set and Accolade: Maybe try completing the unlock of the Event ship on Redshirt after transferring over Lobi, and see if anything comes up extra?

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    For those that have the full set and Accolade: Maybe try completing the unlock of the Event ship on Redshirt after transferring over Lobi, and see if anything comes up extra?
    I just checked and... well, no, nothing as far as I know. The ship customization is very limited compared to the Risian ships and even normal ships. And the accolade did show nothing.

Also, I know devs said there is a new bridge, but on Tribble, it's the Zahl, Nyhidron, Malon, etc. common alien bridge. I do hope it's an oversight.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    oh dear, it's a FNORD class ship. Could be a private joke/troll.
    Or not. :)

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Well I guess that ends that for now. All hail BOB! Church of the SubGenius, I should have guessed. I'll still hold out hope because it did say used as a placeholder, as well as not seen by the masses.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Well, i just did the Artifact Hunt , and... it says "A new item has been unlocked in the store."
    It does NOT say what the item is - it may be some clotching in store, or whatever...
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    An unlock in R&D or Admiralty maybe?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Well, i just did the Artifact Hunt , and... it says "A new item has been unlocked in the store."
    It does NOT say what the item is - it may be some clotching in store, or whatever...

I thought the same. It's classic "Cryptic" documentation of game content (pun intented pig-3.gif).

"Yay, you unlocked a shiny! But it's part of the fun to find it!"​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I got that msg too, but the msg was too fast for me to read thoroughly.

Which store?
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I got that msg too, but the msg was too fast for me to read thoroughly.

Which store?

as far as anyone's found none of them. knowing cryptic it's ether not done yet or it's something they started then decided against but forgot to remove the msg.

or some joke they really should have known better than to make.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It might also require us to get all of the Vorgon accolades.... the store unlock text only appears when you find Vorgon stuff during the treasure hunt, not random stuff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I still need to find some junk and the Mob book from the 1920s. :|
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Damn shame they made the hunt alame warmer colder thing! Why even bother. Risa was a lot of fun before now its another boring grind.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    That's a really curious wiki entry about fnords. My primary contact with them is a much less humorous definition of them being the whole class of non-printing characters used in laying out text. Such as the carriage return arrow. Or any of the various [ ] commands used to trigger italics, boldface, underlining etc.

[fnord]
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Damn shame they made the hunt alame warmer colder thing! Why even bother. Risa was a lot of fun before now its another boring grind.

By adding some option extra event, they made it worse?

Or is this about the sand castle event?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.