test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When can we pre-order our Founders Packs for PS4?

Really keen to pre-order as it will feel like one step closer to launch! Heres hoping soon!

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Since it has been stated that the consoles will, at least initially, be about 6 months behind PC, I'd expect you'll be able to preorder the AoY* packs around Christmas.

*I'm assuming that's what you mean.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Might not necessarily mean the AoY packs. A Founder pack would be available when the game goes live for PS4 users. The info for it might be available a month or two before the PS4 launch.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    What would you expect to be in such a pre-order bonus? The game is F2P, so I presume it would need to contain some ships or uniforms or the like?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I wonder if They will even offer a LTS on the consoles.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Welllllllll, console players are hardly founders, they are coming on board 6 years into. Late to the game. They are hardly discovering anything.

How about "Welcome to the party pal" pack.
    daveyny wrote: »

They will likely not even bother with a subscription model. Since the console version is separate from the PC version, then they will likely follow the guidelines that PWE laid down for Neverwinter instead of the freemium system that we have.
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

They will likely not even bother with a subscription model. Since the console version is separate from the PC version, then they will likely follow the guidelines that PWE laid down for Neverwinter instead of the freemium system that we have.

I'm not a console player, so I don't really know what's different for Neverwinter as far as the guidelines you're talking about. Out of curiosity, how does it differ from the F2P model?
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,262 Arc User
    Welllllllll, console players are hardly founders, they are coming on board 6 years into. Late to the game. They are hardly discovering anything.

How about "Welcome to the party pal" pack.

More like POST founder pack...or "please save STO" pack bear-14.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    starkaos wrote: »

I'm not a console player, so I don't really know what's different for Neverwinter as far as the guidelines you're talking about. Out of curiosity, how does it differ from the F2P model?

I was talking about the difference between STO and Neverwinter. AFAIK, all of PWE games except for STO are F2P. I have always stated that if STO didn't have Lifetime Subscriptions, then the game would be completely F2P instead of the freemium system that we have. There might be other guidelines that PWE has for its games like Neverwinter except just the F2P issue that the PC version of STO doesn't follow due it being an acquired game, but what those might be, I have no idea.