test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agents of Yesterday - Mission Idea

jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
Hey guys, due to the post that gives a little history on our Content Creators I would like to submit to them an idea based off an iconic Star Trek The Original Series Episode called "Mirror, Mirror". With all the Terrans running around I find this episode is warranted. I call it "Hell's Mirror". Since our TOS Captain takes place after Kirk's 5 year Mission, I would like to see what Mirror Spock has done to the Mirror Universe as Emporer. We know from Kira in DS9 that Spock was trying make the Empire turn a new leaf, unfortunate the rules of the our Universe do not apply to the Terran one so we know the outcome. IF I were writing the mission I would have the player accidently again be transported into TOS Mirror Mirror at the point were Mirror Spock is being executed for being a "traitor" to the Empire. The negotiations by Spock have failed and the newly formed Cardassian Klingon alliance has been formed and is gearing up for a full scale invasion. With the military depowered and colonies disappearing by the day, the Terrans for the first time are on their heels. Your Captain has to find a way back home without blowing his cover of either being a time agent OR being from a different timeline all together. Like Yesterday's Enterprise in TNG I want the Terrans so desperate they are on the verge of defeat which does come in the later Stargazer Pre TNG era. To tie it into the game you could have one of Leeta's ancestors scream vengeance on the player at the end as the player escapes back to the right timeline. Thus the reason why the Terrans go into our universe in 2410 is once again a Paradox because the Terrans blame YOU for doing it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"

Comments

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    a bit late to be proposing ideas for TOS episodes, I think they have already completed all of the TOS episodes that will ever appear.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Don't give up. Once the TOS content gets up and rolling hopefully the new assets will be rolled into Foundry. I think the style of the classic stories translate better into the serial format and want to see this.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    If cryptic don't I promise you I will. Though you will be playing the role as your mirror counterpart in the TOS era.

Hmm, wonder if we'll get Mirror markings for TOS ships. Would they use yellow markings or red?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I cant really see how this will work logically speaking, if cryptic don't make this mission and as I said I doubt they will as it sounds like they have made all of the TOS episodes they are likely to make then this will be a foundry mission, as such you will likely have played all of the cryptic TOS missions which culminate with you being taken to the current timeline.
    if the player was accidently transported into the mirror universe he would find himself in the current time mirror universe and not the TOS time mirror universe, the chances of accidently being transferred to the mirror universe as at the same instant also being transported back to the TOS time and then back to the current time and the prime universe at the end of the mission must be infinitesimal to the extreme and as such the whole story just doesn't make sense.

I get that we would all like to play more TOS time episodes but if they don't occur before the point in which you are taken to the current game time they will just end up looking out of place.

• Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    @bobbydazlers

You're right. I don't see the content amounting to a complete game unto itself. At present on Tribble the story campaign listed amounts to a single arc comparable to one remastered one; About ten missions. If the TOS content is completely exhausted the novelty of replaying the old content with the nostalgia coming solely from buying classically inspired ships in tiers 2-5 it will get tired pretty quick.

I hope they do something more with this. If not I already have a wardroom full of Captains to play with and I'll slow burn my classic captain. The draw for this character is TOS adventures whether the devs gradually introduce more or I play Foundry only. It's not really that big a deal though. I could always choose to forget reaching Admiral killing space sector Borg or tell myself they invaded the 2260s :) .

battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    the chances of accidently being transferred to the mirror universe as at the same instant also being transported back to the TOS time and then back to the current time and the prime universe at the end of the mission must be infinitesimal to the extreme and as such the whole story just doesn't make sense.

Temporal manipulation? Future Feds trying to destroy the Future Terrans by swaping the Kirks in the past?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    thay8472 wrote: »
    the chances of accidently being transferred to the mirror universe as at the same instant also being transported back to the TOS time and then back to the current time and the prime universe at the end of the mission must be infinitesimal to the extreme and as such the whole story just doesn't make sense.

Temporal manipulation? Future Feds trying to destroy the Future Terrans by swaping the Kirks in the past?

seems a bit far fetched, that could backfire big time and kirk from the prime universe could be killed by the terrans and that would be a catastrophic disaster for the prime universe future feds.

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Sounds like a decent idea for a foundry mission if you want to give that a shot
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    seems a bit far fetched, that could backfire big time and kirk from the prime universe could be killed by the terrans and that would be a catastrophic disaster for the prime universe future feds.

I mean the 'future feds' being responsible for this episode of the original series. Mirror Mirror Which ultimately lead to the fall of the Terran Empire.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User

I mean the 'future feds' being responsible for this episode of the original series. Mirror Mirror Which ultimately lead to the fall of the Terran Empire.

Personally I like the alternate reality of a universe where the Terran Empire survived. I just recently bought hardcover of Star Trek The Next Generation: Dark Mirror written by Diane Duane (No spoilers, I haven't had a chance to read the book). And I like her version lot better than that disappointing arc of DS9.. You know the one where they kill off characters for the sake of it. It just became a parody rather than serious story about a darker reality. Missed opportunity to have a look on exploring what if the universe wasn't one big happy utopia. Like that one episode of the Warship Voyager. That was the best we got until Mirror Darkly.
    337023.jpg

I was also one of the few hoping that Terran Rep story would have included Warlord Janeway invading the prime universe. I'd love to fight Intrepid ISS Voyager with all those cannons and weapons. Would have been a more interesting fight instead of the Terok Nor Station.
    359iqro.gif
    "Long Live The Empire!"
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    edited May 2016

sorry I still don't see where you are coming from, I realise that future feds are responsible for the mirror mirror episode but your premise is that its "Future Feds trying to destroy the Future Terrans by swaping the Kirks in the past".
    there are only two kirks that we know of the prime kirk and the mirror kirk, if future feds were to put prime kirk into the mirror universe with any particular agenda and he ends up being killed by the terrans or dies through some other event that would not have happened in the prime universe as a result you are basically changing the history for the future feds in the prime universe by killing the prime universe kirk before his time to die and that could lead to any number of temporal shifts and paradoxes.

I know this is not likely to happen in your story line but you have to make the story believable and I cant see how anyone would believe that future feds would be so cavalier with their past as to risk the possibility of changing it in this manner especially if future feds would not know if it was their interference that caused the mirror universe to be the way it is in the first place.

you could not change anything that happened in the original episode Mirror Mirror without risking this eventuality.

haven't you seen enough time travel movies and such to realise messing with time is a dangerous business.
    Post edited by bobbydazlers on

• Options

sorry I still don't see where you are coming from, I realise that future feds are responsible for this mission but your premise is that its "Future Feds trying to destroy the Future Terrans by swaping the Kirks in the past".
    there are only two kirks that we know of the prime kirk and the mirror kirk, if future feds were to put prime kirk into the mirror universe and he ends up being killed by the terrans or dies through some other event that would not have happened in the prime universe you are basically changing the history for the future feds in the prime universe by killing the prime universe kirk before his time to die and that could lead to any number of temporal shifts and paradoxes.

I know this is not likely to happen in your story line but you have to make the story believable and I cant see how anyone would believe that future feds would be so cavalier with their past as to risk the possibility of changing it in this manner.

Starfleet has done some silly stuff before, I wouldn't put it past them.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options

sorry I still don't see where you are coming from, I realise that future feds are responsible for this mission but your premise is that its "Future Feds trying to destroy the Future Terrans by swaping the Kirks in the past".
    there are only two kirks that we know of the prime kirk and the mirror kirk, if future feds were to put prime kirk into the mirror universe and he ends up being killed by the terrans or dies through some other event that would not have happened in the prime universe you are basically changing the history for the future feds in the prime universe by killing the prime universe kirk before his time to die and that could lead to any number of temporal shifts and paradoxes.

I know this is not likely to happen in your story line but you have to make the story believable and I cant see how anyone would believe that future feds would be so cavalier with their past as to risk the possibility of changing it in this manner.

Starfleet has done some silly stuff before, I wouldn't put it past them.

if someone wants to make this mission who am I to argue, the only thing I will point out is that in previous time travel mission we have been told to be carful not to change the past by our actions and to me this seems to fly in the face of that philosophy.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I was also one of the few hoping that Terran Rep story would have included Warlord Janeway invading the prime universe. I'd love to fight Intrepid ISS Voyager with all those cannons and weapons. Would have been a more interesting fight instead of the Terok Nor Station.
    I do so want to be able to fly the Warship Voyager. That episode with the Kyrians was a lot like a mirror universe episode, even though it wasn't actually one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I do so want to be able to fly the Warship Voyager. That episode with the Kyrians was a lot like a mirror universe episode, even though it wasn't actually one.

I am with you :) I'd also like a ISS ship registry for sale like the NX. And maybe they could sell us a bundle with mirror bridge and the Terran Logo on the front of the ship. They wouldn't even have to add the stripe patterns.

terran_nx_promo_main.jpg

• Options
    sorry I still don't see where you are coming from, I realise that future feds are responsible for the mirror mirror episode but your premise is that its "Future Feds trying to destroy the Future Terrans by swaping the Kirks in the past".
    there are only two kirks that we know of the prime kirk and the mirror kirk, if future feds were to put prime kirk into the mirror universe with any particular agenda and he ends up being killed by the terrans or dies through some other event that would not have happened in the prime universe as a result you are basically changing the history for the future feds in the prime universe by killing the prime universe kirk before his time to die and that could lead to any number of temporal shifts and paradoxes.

I know this is not likely to happen in your story line but you have to make the story believable and I cant see how anyone would believe that future feds would be so cavalier with their past as to risk the possibility of changing it in this manner especially if future feds would not know if it was their interference that caused the mirror universe to be the way it is in the first place.

you could not change anything that happened in the original episode Mirror Mirror without risking this eventuality.

haven't you seen enough time travel movies and such to realise messing with time is a dangerous business.

Huh?

Kirk (Prime) did go to the Mirror Universe. ('Mirror Mirror')

What I'm saying is maybe the 'Future Feds' were responsible for the transporter mishap that lead to Prime Kirk being placed in the Mirror Universe.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!