test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Clarifying Temporal Pack Content/AoY Faction

sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
My understanding is that the new 'faction' introduced in the next expansion isn't just 'Starfleet but 150 years ago' but 'Temporal agents operating in Starfleet 150 years ago.' Is that right? Also, especially if I am right, are the futuristic ships in the Temporal Pack specific to the Temporal Agent faction, or can my Starfleet toons use them, too? I kinda want a Paladin for my main and Eternal for my RomSci, and I'm curious if that's even possible.

Comments

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    eternal and the raider are cross faction. and as far as we know the others are useable by all feds not just tos feds.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    What I want to know is if the TOS feds are able to use 2410 fed ships. Let's be realistic. There's no way that Cryptic is going to keep providing new ships for this "faction".
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    sirmayday wrote: »
    My understanding is that the new 'faction' introduced in the next expansion isn't just 'Starfleet but 150 years ago' but 'Temporal agents operating in Starfleet 150 years ago.' Is that right?
    Based on both the episodes available on tribble and the description of the unreleased episodes, and without spoiling too much, I'd say: yes, you're right, you start as one and end up as the other.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    thescottybthescottyb Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Gold and Lifers can make TOS characters on Tribble. You start out as a Jr. Lt. in the TOS era with a T1 2270s ship. Only missions 1-3 are currently available to test, but based on the descriptions for the ones afterwards: the last few missions before level 10 (Lt.) you become a temporal agent, and get sent to 2409 and start playing from the Find the Azura mission.

The AoY Pack ships are 2270s ships (or meant to look like 2270s ships) hiding future tech, which is why they're higher tier than the Pioneer and Constitution. It also likely means there won't be higher tier freebie TOS ships; the existing free FED ships would not be contradictory for your temporal agent to use during 2409/2410.
    Unofficial Skill Planner v0.8 last updated 6 May 2016
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Thanks for the replies, all. While it looks like there'll be less to this 'TOS/Temporal' faction than I'd hoped, it does mean I'll be able to use the new premium content the way I want to.
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    Ok, First let me say this for all the people saying the expansion will be X or Y or abacus. We know NOTHING. There are a total of 2 mission on Tribble. That is it. There are descriptions for about 6, the rest all all the old fed missions, But anything after "Shadows of Cretus" could just as easily all be placeholders. And there is precedent to suggest this is indeed true.

That said, You start out as a Character in the TOS era. You are not a Temporal Agent going to the TOS era. You are not a 2410 character being sent to TOS era. You are a Lt jg officer assigned to a starship in the TOS era. That is where the story starts.

Supposedly, from dev comments, at some point you connect up with the current factions of the game, but where and how are still unknown at this time.