test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alliance Exploration Initiative - Starbase Magellan Resources

2»

Comments

• dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Well, I sold myself on Ba'el, so I made her. Not a perfect likeness (not that we're allowed to use one, anyway) and I don't think I'll even name her in the mission, but here's the costume:

http://imgur.com/a/tbWbR

I mostly left the sliders at default to make recreating the costume easier.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Reminds me of how I made up an Alien boff to look like an Orion/Klingon hybrid
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Well, I made up an NPC to run the Ferengi maintenance station/shipyard at Starbase Magellan for my mission.

Though not official in any way, feel free to include her if you wish.

Background: Due to the severe ship-building manpower shortage following the war, the AEI contracted the Lobi Consortium to provide maintenance services for all shipping using Starbase Magellan (after all, they do have an amazing reputation when it comes to putting all kinds of ship classes back together in top notch shape - lol). Their head representative at the base is Drixa. She was considered to be a perfect choice by the Consortium for several reasons: first was her talent at negotiation, second was her engineering knowledge, and third her honesty. To be quite frank, it was that last reason, along with the fact that a female showed so much promise - that she was sent as far from Ferenginar as possible. She was more than happy to take the assignment, as it gave her an opportunity to be herself without the prejudicial interference of her superiors. She truly is about as honest as a Ferengi can be - she has seen that building trust in business relations pays off far greater profits in the long run than compared to standard Ferengi business practices. She sees a HUGE profit potential ahead with the opening of the new frontier and is now perfectly positioned to take advantage of it.

I used a Ferengi Bridge as her office, placing a door (romulan) where the view screen wall is. The central control console is now a receptionists desk. Color wise, the metal on her jacket looks gold on the Ferengi Bridge, hence the skirt hem. And she is wearing black Jupiter boots. I can send/post the sliders if anyone is interested in exact specs. In my mission she is related to Farek from the 'Operation Gamma' mission. (I like to think of them as a sort of ying-yang, black-white, honest-dishonest, dichotomy sort of cousin deal)

Drixa_zpszrositf0.jpg
    Post edited by captainhunter1 on
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Oh nice, if I have an extra costume when I'm done my mission, I'll work her in. I'm using a couple of the premade Ferengi contacts right now.

-edit-

Sadly, I don't have the costume to spare. I can't even reskin the Federation crews like I wanted to (I can't stand excursion uniforms on bases...)
    Post edited by dragonsbrethren on
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    djxprime wrote: »
    I made an Orion woman as the bartender in the lounge for my mission. I can post pics of the sliders, if anyone is interested.

Heh, I also made a bartender, but mine's a Risian woman named Deilona. (I've updated her look since publishing my mission.)

Deilona.jpg

Costume settings (click on thumbnails for full size):
    th_Deilona%20head.jpg th_Deilona%20body.jpg
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    Also, here are the settings for my Vulcan first-contact consultant (and aide to Ambassador Dehnis), Sutek.
    Sutek.jpg

Costume settings (click on thumbnails for full size):
    th_Sutek%20head.jpg th_Sutek%20body.jpg
    Oh nice, if I have an extra costume when I'm done my mission, I'll work her in. I'm using a couple of the premade Ferengi contacts right now.

-edit-

Sadly, I don't have the costume to spare. I can't even reskin the Federation crews like I wanted to (I can't stand excursion uniforms on bases...)

Yeah, I've bumped up against the costume limit a couple times myself. So frustrating- but maybe they will up the limit sometime in the future.

As for Drixa - if you still want to include her, you can always make a passing reference just using text. ;)
    edited June 2016
    Just a follow up to my Backdrop issue for Starbase Magellan on page 1 of this thread....

'Purple space 02' is indeed different from 'Purple Clouds 02'

I found this out by finally getting time to play through a couple AEI missions tonight (great job btw guys! Really good stuff :)) and was shocked to find the backdrops different from my 'purple clouds'. So I looked though the backdrop list again. Nope. No 'Purple Space'. I decided the best course of action was to re-watch Foundry Roundtable episode 120 again and see exactly how it was done.

Well, when you click on Backdrop, there is a "Backdrop Template" button and a "Customize" button. I foolishly stampeded right to the customize button and picked "Purple Clouds 02" as shown on the resource list. What I should have done is selected the 'template' button...ugh. Unfortunately once you select a 'custom' backdrop - it locks out the 'template' button...unless you hit 'clear customization'. So I couldn't even see the 'purple space' option at that point.

Hopefully no one else was a dumb as I was. Just thought I give folks a heads up on this - just in case.

Oh and Drogyn, maybe add the word 'template' behind the word 'Backdrop' on the spreadsheet and change the entry back to 'Purple space 02'. That is if it matters anymore. :s
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    1. Should there ever be an update of the Foundry forum listings, would it be possible to sticky this? It's a great resource.
    2. I actually have a new thing for this. I'm working on another AEI mission and I'm trying to tackle a standard Starbase Magellan uniform set (to give it that last little touch of a DS9-type crew). Here's some examples of what I've got presently for FED and non-FED. (different professions have appropriate detailing colors)

Co22B57UIAA4Js4.jpgCo22CnQVUAEQbkn.jpg

Also working on a custom Magellan interior.

Co--kbeUIAAN0n-.jpg

Unfortunately it's rather a complicated build (maxed asset count...) so I won't be able to supply the coordinates in an excel doc but for those looking to expand the station this is the style I have going (for a diplomatic section/reception area with some lab space)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    What is the gold prop on the wall?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    thay8472 wrote: »
    What is the gold prop on the wall?

"Panel" detail object, there's the 4 varieties (labeled 01 through 04) with different space scenes. I use them a lot for public space interior decor. :)

One other construction note is that the walls are one of the generic ship pieces but they've been lowered just a bit to keep those lower flaring bits out of the way (you can see they're only small curves coming up from the floor at the base of the wall.) I'll update this when I get back to Epoch and do the math.

My ceiling detail isn't something I think too much attention needs to be paid to (if anyone wants to try emulating this interior style). Romulan tiled floors with large ceiling lights (non-ESD), but ideally there should be more stuff going on up there to more closely approximate the stock map (I was hitting the detail limits so best I could do in budget were the massive colony connector pieces).

Also, should be noted that I built this on the "Empty" exterior map.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!