test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patching Loop - Never ends.

foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
Everytime I reload Tribble, the game will patch. Without fail.

After that, sometimes it loads and plays the server, other times it says version mismatch and crashes.

On demand patching is disabled.

Patch varies, it went from a 1gb, to a 3gb to a 6gb then back to a 3gb patch.

Comments

• zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I ran into the same issue.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Same here...
    Goes back and forth between a 3780MB patch and a 4156MB patch every time I quit the game and then Log back in.

The 3780MB patch is the one that says "Mismatch" each time.

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • zionetzionet Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    > @daveyny said:
    > Same here...
    > Goes back and forth between a 3780MB patch and a 4156MB patch every time I quit the game and then Log back in.
    >
    > The 3780MB patch is the one that says "Mismatch" each time.
    >
    > B)

I have the exact same error. the 3780MB patch seems to be what is currently the live version on Holodeck-Server. And I think that is whats causing the version mismatch.

edit: it seems to have to do with launching STO via Steam. If I start it with Arc I don't have that problem.
    Post edited by zionet on
  • iw42iw42 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Likewise. Patched amount: 898KB / 4867KB. Received goes from about 88MB back to zero in a loop.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    zionet wrote: »
    > @daveyny said:
    > Same here...
    > Goes back and forth between a 3780MB patch and a 4156MB patch every time I quit the game and then Log back in.
    >
    > The 3780MB patch is the one that says "Mismatch" each time.
    >
    > B)

I have the exact same error. the 3780MB patch seems to be what is currently the live version on Holodeck-Server. And I think that is whats causing the version mismatch.

edit: it seems to have to do with launching STO via Steam. If I start it with Arc I don't have that problem.

I have been opening with Arc and having the same mismatch and constant patching as well.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I can keep current version of patch by Not using arc or steam. A direct launch seems to just keep the information.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    BUG: Version Mismatch Loop

Description: Game Patch Loop

CATEGORY : Patch

Tribble Server Patches with one of two size files. The smaller size patch* causes the Version Mismatch.

*Just in case anyone gets a different size patch then the sizes that are listed in previous post.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the never ending loop of hell. Always having to wait for the server to patch, not once, but twice just to get onto the Tribble Server. Please help put an end to end this "Year of Hell" scenario.

The Krenim have infested my computer with some type of chroniton malware. I must find the phase variance to negate this effect. Where are the Borg when you need them??

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

***Note: If you get the loading screen for New Dawn, your game version WILL mismatch.

• norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    I can keep current version of patch by Not using arc or steam. A direct launch seems to just keep the information.

I would but I can't get patched back to the current build. Every attempt ends up getting stuck in that infinite Received loop.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »

does not work for me that is the only way i play the game and it patches every log out
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • virtvikkivirtvikki Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I did manage to get in three times yesterday, but this has been plaguing me as well. I tried for 2 hours today to get back in with no luck.