test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

so for the 50th aniversary we get a announcement for the new expantion?

the 5th of may was the 50th aniversary of the original series i though we would have got a nice special episode or something to celebrate the day may be a event ship we have to get vouchers/marks for don't get me wrong i am happy to hear news on new expansion but i was rather expecting a bit more

did you guys expect a bit more are you disappointed there is not a bit more celebration

Comments

• Options
    merciantrooopermerciantroooper Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I love the sound of the AOY, but I agree that there should be more in-game now rather than later.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The Fifth (5th) of May IS NOT the 50th Anniversary date of Star Trek...

The Eighth (8th) of September 2016 is.

Yesterday was just the day STO chose to ANNOUNCE it's plans for the 8th of September, the actual Star Trek 50th Anniversary date.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,877 Arc User
    I believe the 50th anniversary is in September (first episode air date: Sept 8, 1966.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    merciantrooopermerciantroooper Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    The Fifth (5th) of May IS NOT the 50th Anniversary date of Star Trek...

The Eighth (8th) of September 2016 is.

Yesterday was just the day STO chose to ANNOUNCE it's plans for the 8th of September, the actual Star Trek 50th Anniversary date.
    B)
    I believe the 50th anniversary is in September (first episode air date: Sept 8, 1966.)

Ahh, then I stand corrected. :)
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The 5th of May, or Cinco de Mayo, commemorates the triumph of the Mexican army at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. The significance of Cinco de Mayo is that it represents Mexican resistance to foreign intervention (France specifically), it is a moment where Mexico as a young nation rallied to defend itself, This victory occurred over 50 years after Mexico's Independence Day, which is celebrated on September 16.