test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My friends, we've come home...

Speaking as a lifelong fan who enjoys every aspect of TOS, Agents of Yesterday has me completely excited for the summer expansion. I decided to write this post after seeing alot of initial backlash from players & fans today who were hoping for something else. My question to those Star Trek fans; why were you expecting something else? 2016 is not just a celebration of Star Trek but where Star Trek started 50 years ago. There would be NO TNG, DS9, VOY or ENT eras without The Original Series. There'd be no Klingons, Romulans, Vulcans, Gorn, etc.

So TOS doesn't have the hi-tech look of the others, neither does a classic car and plenty of people would kill for one of those. I look at this year's expansion one way, STO is celebrating Star Trek's truest roots in an amazingly creative way. You get to go back to where it all started and save the future for...yourself. I suggest fans that can't come to terms with STO's plan should watch DS9 "Trials and Tribble-ations" one more time. Enjoy the ride my friends; it's a big universe with space enough for everyone to play in it. Let TOS have it's day and appreciate that Cryptic worked hard enough to bring in Mr. Koenig (and maybe more) to keep us entertained. I'm not Cryptic's biggest fan and definitely see the money-grab events for what they are; but credit where credits due. Way to say Happy Birthday to our storied franchise.

"Shut up and take my money!" - Philip J. Fry

Comments