test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spring Cleaning

dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
Hey Cryptic, can you not run some event this weekend? I gotta clean the house. And it would be easier if I didn't feel rushed cause I'm 'missing something'. o:)

Comments

• Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    I've always wondered why people insist on cleaning springs. I prefer to clean sprockets.
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Hmm....how bout....NO! >:)
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    Sorry, friend, but the devs couldn't give a rip less about your spring cleaning. They do events whenever they want and no player gets a say. Sorry, but if you miss an event, that seems to be on you. Besides, they always run events in enough time for every player to log in at least once, theoretically, judging from how "weekend" events run from Thursdays to Mondays... so... don't really feel any pity.
  • Options
    rllaillieu wrote: »
    Sorry, friend, but the devs couldn't give a rip less about your spring cleaning. They do events whenever they want and no player gets a say. Sorry, but if you miss an event, that seems to be on you. Besides, they always run events in enough time for every player to log in at least once, theoretically, judging from how "weekend" events run from Thursdays to Mondays... so... don't really feel any pity.

Geez man, chill out and get a sense of humor. Go play with your 'spirit beaver'.
  • Options
    @dracounguis Clearly you don't even get the basic gist of what I was saying, so I'll clarify it: Nobody. Cares. About. Individuals. Nor. Do. They. Care. About. Your. Schedule. Do we have a mutual understanding now? I'll be frank, posting a thread that looks for all the world like you whining isn't "humor", it's trashy and stupid, not to mention pointless. You wanna post this kinda thread, go on Reddit. And don't assume that text on a screen is "humorous", especially when the person reading it is already ticked off at folks like you. And really "chill out"? What are you, my baby sister?
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Geez man, chill out and get a sense of humor. Go play with your 'spirit beaver'.

I'd give good money to have SEVERAL of those at my beck & call...
    >:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    * is running amuck, making a mess looking for beavers in dracounguis house while he is the typing *

What ?
  • Options
    @dracounguis Clearly you don't even get the basic gist of what I was saying,

I do, I just ignored it.
    especially when the person reading it is already ticked off at folks like you.

Aww, poor guy. You should read the post by "rllaillieu" saying that nobody cares how you feel. (It's so moving, I think he works for Hallmark.)

BTW... update on cleaning! After chasing out the beavers, I got my new entertainment center assembled. Lots of parts! Only missing a couple non-critical ones I could work around. Took me 3hrs to get it together and in place. Had to get rid of the old one so a bit of maneuvering to get them switched! Add to that, a doctor's appointment first thing in the morning and a visit with my sister and my day was pretty much full. Ate lunch around 4:30pm.

Tomorrow, I need to fix the clothes rod in the closet. Those cheap plastic cups that hold it up broke a couple days ago so now all my shirts are just piled up on a chair!
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    @dracounguis Clearly you don't even get the basic gist of what I was saying, so I'll clarify it: Nobody. Cares. About. Individuals. Nor. Do. They. Care. About. Your. Schedule. Do we have a mutual understanding now? I'll be frank, posting a thread that looks for all the world like you whining isn't "humor", it's trashy and stupid, not to mention pointless. You wanna post this kinda thread, go on Reddit. And don't assume that text on a screen is "humorous", especially when the person reading it is already ticked off at folks like you. And really "chill out"? What are you, my baby sister?

I'm guessing your sarcasm detector is broken or that somebody peed in your cornflakes. I seriously doubt the OP really expects the devs to work the game around thier schedule.

This is ten forward where people tend to have a bit of a joke and banter, getting your knickers in a twist over something so silly, just make's yourself look foolish, not the OP.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    My sarcasm detector is working fine - calibrated it this morning, after finding out that the finance company I bought my car through failed to take the lien off after I finished paying it off, and is now out of business, so now I have to find the payoff letter they sent me seven years ago and petition the state court to remove the lien.

I detected no sarcasm in the original post; if it was intended, it failed to make it through the transition to text.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    @jonsills Thank you. Clearly, even a calibrated sarcasm filter couldn't pick that up.

Though, really, this is almost exactly like one of those "b8" posts on Reddit or iFunny or something. The ones where they have a total lack of sarcasm or anything but seriousness as they rant and then, when someone calls them out on it, proceeds to laugh it off and say "I was just joking, chill out" which then proceeds to get nothing but an interwebs b-slap. That last part is still incoming for this post.