test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tower control

Is it just me or is this the most tedious mission out there.

I don't mind a challenge but where are the enemies?

Comments

• Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    It's kind of a battlezone, players can join as they like and destroy the ships. They do reapawn every few minutes, so just look at the rising bars at the mission tracker, check the map and head over to the tower in question.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Probably my LEAST favourite mission in the entire game unless you get lucky and there are actually people trying to do the mission as well then it can be tolerable.
  • Options
    glenn#1579 glenn Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I can't work it out. You fly around and are offered many small misions but you get no advice on how to actually complete the main mission.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    glenn#1579 wrote: »
    I can't work it out. You fly around and are offered many small misions but you get no advice on how to actually complete the main mission.

You go to each tower, clear out the Voth, fly near it until the ownership changes from red to blue.

Once the overall area control progress is complete, 4 Voth fleets spawn around the center spire. You fly to them and destroy the mother ships.

It can be hard to get to that final stage when there aren't enough players in the area. Even though you can solo the towers, the Voth will re-take the ones that you are away from.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    It "could" be really fun in there but unfortunately the rewards are so pitiful that the only reason people are in that zone is to get to the ground fighting.
    Most days there's maybe 3-4 people at the absolute most fighting the Voth and as soon as one tower is captured another is lost. It just goes on endlessly.

Pity really as it can be quite fun and challenging to fight a whole Voth fleet. It's yet another area of the game that looked nice at first but then was abandoned by the devs and is now left to fester and rot.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Yeah, it's been awhile but I'm pretty sure it only gives basic marks (no elite) and a little dil, not much of a reward when the ground battle zone nearby pays out so much more.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Forget tower control. Go to the space battle zone. Change instances to one with active players. Help out clearing map sectors, reap marks & dil. Leave when you've had your fill. Much more fun that way.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Tower Control (as in the mission in Solenae Dyson Sphere season) is just mission to kill Voth Ships around Control Points in Dyson Contested Zone. If you carefully check smaller mission tracker (normally right side of screen) you can scroll it to show percentage of completion - it will only increase if you kill the Voth (you must actually be the one to do killing shoot), also the counter will stop if all points will get captured, and the dreadnoughts arrive - it will continue after the Zone reset.
    Also there is some bug, that can stop the counter if you kill too many ships at once - try then to change maps, and continue.
    Once the counter hits 100%, the mission can be finished by contact on mission tracker...
    If you are bored by the mission, you can skip it - the rewards are nothing speciall...