test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone see BOFFs on ground stopped helping much

Since 11.5, I have seen BOFFs that stand around without pulling out weapons or helping in fights. Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I have noticed that my characters' weapons aren't visible at times. Maybe that's what you're seeing?
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    Yeah I noticed that too.. Along with a number of odd things. Like the medic being overly aggressive while the Tactical members are nearly passive.
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Yeah I noticed that too.. Along with a number of odd things. Like the medic being overly aggressive while the Tactical members are nearly passive.

My medic goes Leeroy Jenkins while my tacs just stand there looking. And the engineer that has shield recharge just stands around with a stick up the backside.
  • Options
    kojekoje Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    I have noticed them taking longer to respond in combat if they attack at all and now I am seeing a new issue. When I beam down to Kobali Prime most of the time only one BOFF beams down with me even though I have two selected for the away team. If I beam up and down repeatadly or switch instances the second one may show up but most of the time I only get one. Also, my engineer shows up with only three abilities next to his portrait when he should have all four.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Since 11.5, I have seen BOFFs that stand around without pulling out weapons or helping in fights. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah, as I replay the new FE for every toon I have; I see them just standing around when I'm out of LOS or if an enemy is out of LOS (in the transporter alcoves)
  • Options
    I'm glad I wasn't imagining this issue.
  • Options
    sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I've also noticed that BOFF, turrets and drones are attacking invisible targets especially in the Dyson zone. It's been a problem since before 11.5.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    sierra078 wrote: »
    I've also noticed that BOFF, turrets and drones are attacking invisible targets especially in the Dyson zone. It's been a problem since before 11.5.
    Devidians confirmed as next villains in the Temporal Cold War.

But, yeah, I too noticed my Boffs became even dumber than before, which isn't something trivial considering the AI before S11.5.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    yeah the boff sometimes go passive mode or the hide his weapons in danger moments i say wtf happend here
    nexus.jpg

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    xayss wrote: »
    yeah the boff sometimes go passive mode or the hide his weapons in danger moments i say wtf happend here
    There's a bug with animations right now that causes weapons to be hidden when using kit powers.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    Devidians confirmed as next villains in the Temporal Cold War.

But, yeah, I too noticed my Boffs became even dumber than before, which isn't something trivial considering the AI before S11.5.

Yeah, Boffs have never been the best or brightest of Starfleet, but it seems recently they have become especially dumb. I have noticed that if I respawn in the new FE and leave the alcove too soon, before all the Boffs respawn (which can take a rather long time BTW) the ones who didn't respawn before I left the alcove get stuck behind in the alcove and can't find their way out.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Yeah NPC critter spawn points are getting pre-flagged by some deployables. Its kinda funny.

As for BoFFs - it's hard to tell if they suck more than normal, as they have a crappy rate of fire and spend half of their time running through their powers instead of fighting. Their combat "AI" scripts have needed an update since day 1.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Equip your Boffs with Plasma Piercing Beam Rifles and watch them pew the world!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    I haven't really noticed but then again my boffs spend most of their time standing around cycling through their powers anyway. At least it works out good for my one Eng boff, I gave him a melee weapon so most of the time he actually runs up to enemies before littering the area with mines.
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    talien wrote: »
    I haven't really noticed but then again my boffs spend most of their time standing around cycling through their powers anyway. At least it works out good for my one Eng boff, I gave him a melee weapon so most of the time he actually runs up to enemies before littering the area with mines.

lol. I so have to try that. I can't say how annoying it is that the first thing some Eng Boff does is lay down mines. So all the enemies can NOT step on them, cause we are attacking from a distance. it is second only to the stupid Cover Shield in annoyances.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Could be worse, in the past one of my Engineering Boffs used to slot Combat Supply on her own even after I had slotted something else in the Commander Slot.

I wonder if they could build a box wall if you slot the Lt Cmdr one as well? :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Happens to the player as well as the Boff, using a skill or kit power results in the weapon being hidden, but by firing the weapon it reappears, the problem is that Boffs rarely use Primary fire any more, it's mostly just secondary fire and their skills, so it can look like they are standing around doing nothing while waiting on the signal to use the secondary fire.​​
  • Options
    Really? My Boffs only use primary unless an enemy gets exposed by their Tachyon Harmonics

• Options
    bejaymac wrote: »
    Happens to the player as well as the Boff, using a skill or kit power results in the weapon being hidden, but by firing the weapon it reappears, the problem is that Boffs rarely use Primary fire any more, it's mostly just secondary fire and their skills, so it can look like they are standing around doing nothing while waiting on the signal to use the secondary fire.​​

My engineer BOFF no longer heals shields. My medic no longer heals at all. So it's more than just vanishing weapons making it look that way.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    I've seen one science officer (who has a perfectly good, if elderly, phased-tetryon pulsewave) run up to enemies and start attacking them with his bare hands. (Which works out about as well for him as you might expect.) So I think the problems go beyond the weapons-visibility glitch.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    yes, currently the ground gameplay is totally screwed, and this is not in the known issues.
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    yes, currently the ground gameplay is totally screwed, and this is not in the known issues.

Ehh just another/more bug/bugs in STO, i never ever bother to submit bug tickets anymore.

In 6 yrs, i joined 2 mnths after release and have had a LTS since it was offered i have had 1 ticket answered.

That was a ticket submitted through the Arc portal, not ingame, that ticket involved my account not rebooting properly.

In that ticket i mentioned if i couldn't reboot my existing account i wouldn't be back at all and more importantly would not be spending any "money" on the game.

That was fixed in less than "12 hrs".

If you "buy" something in this game and it doesn't work, oh well.

• Options
    Is it still broken?
  • Options
    Is it still broken?

My boffs have been doing wgat they are supposed to do all along, it is the graphics issue i am seeing.

• Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    My Boffs too often get stuck not passing doors, particularly at the missions "Installation 18" and "Facility 4028" Is there a bug section in game that the staff DOES look at??? Or would I do better writing the bugs in marker, on toilet paper and just flush them down the drain?
  • Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    semalda226 wrote: »
    Really? My Boffs only use primary unless an enemy gets exposed by their Tachyon Harmonics
    I gave up on Tachyon Harmonics because my Boff wouldn't use it at all.

"Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options
    Weird my Boffs all spam it

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I've noticed mine don't seem to follow me around as well and that many missions now seem to have pathing issues. My boffs often get stuck in doorways and even trying to guide them manually doesn't work very well. In the new mission I've often found myself surrounded by enemies while my boffs are off at the other end of the map standing around.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I've noticed mine don't seem to follow me around as well and that many missions now seem to have pathing issues. My boffs often get stuck in doorways and even trying to guide them manually doesn't work very well. In the new mission I've often found myself surrounded by enemies while my boffs are off at the other end of the map standing around.

This is an accurate description of a very old ground condition from years ago, and im talking release to say year 2.

• Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »

This is an accurate description of a very old ground condition from years ago, and im talking release to say year 2.

So it's not just me then. Just one more item on a rather lengthy bug list that I'm sad to see has only greatly increased since the supposed "bug hunters" began. Does anyone whose job it is to see that this game functions pay attention to the bugs we, or even the bug hunters themselves that are reported?