test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who else misses the unique Doffs' little motto?

saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
While it's always nice to to have more Doffs of different species, I've noticed a trend: the recent ones (mostly ultra rare) usually don't have "mottos" anymore.

By "motto", I mean this little line below their stats that could give a little information about them so they could have a beginning of personality and some bits of lore (like the Tholians being all about punctuality or having their memories live on in the "Lattice").

While it's understandable the randomly-generated Doffs don't have these, the lockbox ones are unique and thus could benefit from this tidbit.

Wouldn't it be nice to have these for the Na'kuhl, Xindi, Krenim or others?
For example, a Na'kuhl saying "Our government refused your help, I won't make the same mistake" or "Computer, reduce the brightness by 70%".
#TASforSTO
Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1

Comments

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Some of the Xindi ones have a motto I think.

But yeah, while it's not really that important, these are the kind of fun little things that, combined, can make some difference. I'd say, keep adding them.
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Love the motto's!! More...more motto's!!
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Anything as easy to include as filling in a word string already in the engine should be included :).

"Ug, computer, coffee. Hot."

"Is it Tuesday? Things always explode on Tuesday..."

I mean even the most ordinary comments add flavor to the raw mechanics.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Anything as easy to include as filling in a word string already in the engine should be included :).

"Ug, computer, coffee. Hot."

"Is it Tuesday? Things always explode on Tuesday..."

I mean even the most ordinary comments add flavor to the raw mechanics.

This. I can't imagine it would be too hard to come up with something.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I liked my fancy trading cards having snapshot of a personality. There were some good ones that managed to accomplish that. It added a little to illusion of a crew rather than just a mini game. Cool feature.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Yep, I very much enjoy, when I'm looking through my DOffs for something, having those little white pop up. Of course, if it popped up for every one, I probably would ignore it. So, putting them in for "special" DOffs, for sure, but I think giving every single one a quote would defeat the purpose.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Goal~
    Purple or higher: 90% have quotes
    Blue: 60% have quotes
    Green: 20% have quotes
    White: 5% have quotes

That distribution should help maintain that element of surprise when you spot one in the lower tiers :).

Plus you get little giggles like the throw-away colonist who announces~

"I really hate goats."