test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can I get some help with the Talvath Temporal Destroyer please?

Hi guys,

So I have been playing STO since launch (on and off), but I was always very casual, and so I never really got in depth with the way everything works.

On my main I have Temporal Destroyer which I really like, but I really think I can optimize it a lot more. The captain is tactical. I mostly just play by myself, or hop into an STF PuG with my mind towards DPSing. Because I solo quite a bit, and since PuGs don't guarentee healers, I like a bit of survivability to go with my DPS.

My thoughts towards this presently is using the 4-piece Iconian Resistance set, as well as, the full Quantum Catalyst Set. Because of this of course I was thinking of going with Phasers. 3 dual heavy in the front, and 3 turrets in the rear + the Quantum Phase Torpedo in the front. Atm I am using Phased Biomatter Phasers, but I am thinking to ditch them in favor of (fleet) Andorian Dual Heavies. If everyone is of the opinion that the Quantum Catalyst set is no good, then my thoughts drift towards investing in some Herald (anti-proton) cannons instead.

I have turned my mind towards getting some of the fleet/embassy consoles, but atm I am using the best, but otherwise regular +phaser dmg consoles, and 1 +quantum dmg for the torpedo.

In engineering I use 1 turn rate and the rest +kin and res all consoles. In the science department I mainly have shield capacity.

So what do you guys think? I am a casual player, so for my budget I could most easily get the rep items or maybe a few fleet items.

I also welcome any suggestions on which DoFFs to use, even what BoFF skills to roll with, and skills (still trying to suss out the new system with little luck). The best would be if anyone could link a temporal destroyer build that they know is good of course, but any info would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Belenul