test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I think it's time we stop holding summits...

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
Every summit held in the game so far has been disrupted by some sort of major attack. Clearly this is a sign that we need to stop holding them. Maybe we'll have better luck preserving the timeline by not doing anything to attract the attention of time travelling miscreants. :p

Comments

• antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    At this point I think we hold summits to make sure we know where to have our best operatives to counterattack.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Every summit held in the game so far has been disrupted by some sort of major attack. Clearly this is a sign that we need to stop holding them. Maybe we'll have better luck preserving the timeline by not doing anything to attract the attention of time travelling miscreants. :p

I think it is time they start using "Space Skype" otherwise the Ginu Force will show up...
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I believe the summits would go much smoother if they stopped inviting the Player Character to them. o:)
    warpangel wrote: »
    I believe the summits would go much smoother if they stopped inviting the Player Character to them. o:)

It is all our fault, we should be ashamed....

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    If that was true, we could weaponize it:

'Captain Player Character is attending - ready all our attack forces for the Ceramics Demonstration on Rigel VII!'

Though given our luck, it'll turn out some kid at the face-painting booth will later be the diplomat that helps found the Galactic Union.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User

We are the constant anomaly that seems to show up at every temporal event. hmmm...
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,156 Arc User
    We are the constant anomaly that seems to show up at every temporal event. hmmm...

Jarok has been at all these meetings too ... I knew we couldn't trust the Romulans!
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I would actually like to know how people that die in this mission before your very eyes can debrief you after the mission's done and handing you your rewards. Said person even got voiceovers for this oO
    thorodal wrote: »
    I would actually like to know how people that die in this mission before your very eyes can debrief you after the mission's done and handing you your rewards. Said person even got voiceovers for this oO

I call Temporal Shenanigans!

• alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User

To be fair, its never stated that he dies, just that he's been poisoned.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User

To be fair, its never stated that he dies, just that he's been poisoned.

That poison did leave him quiet breathless though. It sure did sound like he suffocated.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I do hope that we'll see the results of the summit. It's all fine that it was interrupted (although I do agree that it happens a bit too often) but I would like to know what happens next in the political landscape. We know that
    the Klingons and most likely the Romulans too did continue the conversations, but there also still seems to be a lot of distrust among the members of the Alliance. Note how Ambassador S'taass immediately started pointing fingers to Jarok.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Guys, it wasn't J'mpok who got poisoned, just one of his aides with one of the generic Klingon costumes.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,912 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »

Jarok has been at all these meetings too ... I knew we couldn't trust the Romulans!
    She wasn't at the temporal accords....
    sig.jpg
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User

Ah, the Fletcher Effect.
    Q9BWcdD.png