Options

New Suicide Squad – Blitz Trailer

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
This really might be worth a viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZwsbcW-d-E

Comments

• Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    It'll be nice to see the DCU from another director's perspective... minimal Snyder involvement here.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    When I first saw Jared Leto Trying Too Hard as the Joker in a stupid car, I thought the movie looked like a pile of dogshit... This trailer doesn't inspire with any more confidence... Will Smith look embarassed just to be there... That WB have had to re-shoot scenes and recut the film, shows that what they'd initially done probably wasn't up to snuff, and chances are, this won't be either... It just screams TryHard...
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    Looks like it will be more fun to watch than Batman Vs Superman. But I am not so sure about the casting choice for the Joker, even the original series (campy) joker looks scarier than him!
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Options
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Looks like it will be more fun to watch than Batman Vs Superman. But I am not so sure about the casting choice for the Joker, even the original series (campy) joker looks scarier than him!
    maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, but that's a bit like saying it's better to be punched in the face than kicked in the balls... ;)

Stupid thing is I love Jared Leto, and normally really rate him as an actor, but this? No...
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    valoreah wrote: »
    When I first saw Jared Leto Trying Too Hard as the Joker in a stupid car, I thought the movie looked like a pile of dogshit... This trailer doesn't inspire with any more confidence... Will Smith look embarassed just to be there... That WB have had to re-shoot scenes and recut the film, shows that what they'd initially done probably wasn't up to snuff, and chances are, this won't be either... It just screams TryHard...

I'm not so sure he'll be terrible at the role. TBH, I'm curious to see what he does with it. With that said, I admit I don't expect much from this film.
    I definitely think he'll give it 100% commitment, but what I saw (overall) just struck me as a lot of overacting... Now if we could only have David Caruso on set to mumble something cryptic and put on/take off his sunglasses, they'll have the whole set :D It's a bit like the scene of Harley shimmying into her clothes and the whole base stopping to get an eyeful, it's just heavy-handed, and if the rest of the film is handled thus... Well, as mentioned B)
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    That WB have had to re-shoot scenes and recut the film, shows that what they'd initially done probably wasn't up to snuff, and chances are

All films undergo this. It's part of the natural production process.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    That WB have had to re-shoot scenes and recut the film, shows that what they'd initially done probably wasn't up to snuff, and chances are

All films undergo this. It's part of the natural production process.​​
    Yes, I suppose re-shoots are... It just sounds a bit more significant than typical re-shooting, though, almost as if they realized the film wouldn't be well received (although it's certainly highly anticipated) so tried to get something new out of it with re-shoots... That kind of thing never fills me with much confidence...

• Options

All films undergo this. It's part of the natural production process.
    Yes, I suppose re-shoots are... It just sounds a bit more significant than typical re-shooting, though, almost as if they realized the film wouldn't be well received (although it's certainly highly anticipated) so tried to get something new out of it with re-shoots... That kind of thing never fills me with much confidence...

I think it only sounds that way because of the popular reactions to Bvs.S (a film I've yet to see). The peak of the fanboy backlash hit about the time SS was scheduled for its routine reshoots and conclusions were drawn.
    Now, I'm not saying there isn't more to the reshoots, just that they're hardly out of the ordinary.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    edited April 2016

All films undergo this. It's part of the natural production process.

I think it only sounds that way because of the popular reactions to Bvs.S (a film I've yet to see). The peak of the fanboy backlash hit about the time SS was scheduled for its routine reshoots and conclusions were drawn.
    Now, I'm not saying there isn't more to the reshoots, just that they're hardly out of the ordinary.​​
    That may be true... Personally, I never liked the look of this film, but everyone seemed to be going apeshit for it when it was announced... Different strokes, I guess, but then hearing about the reshoots following BvS, that makes me wonder if WB realized they were about to release another lemon, and trying to make what changes they can, as 'damage control', rather than actually having confidence in what they had... That lack of confidence, in turn, feeds my lack of confidence (and in all promotional material I've seen, as mentioned, Will Smith just looks embarassed...) Time will tell on this one, but as with BvS, I'm not expecting good things... I'm expecting good initial figures, because as mentioned, it's been crazy-popular, but I don't think reviews will be flattering...

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    One the one hand, this doesn't look very good. On the other, at least it won't be as bad as Basic Instinct 2 :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    How is Joker a threat worthy of the SS in the first place? Some of these guys are metahumans. Joker's a human, just shoot him in the head, problem solved.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    How is Joker a threat worthy of the SS in the first place? Some of these guys are metahumans. Joker's a human, just shoot him in the head, problem solved.​​

You could say the same about Batman, but even the most powerful metahumans have difficulty killing him. Granted Joker does not have all the fancy gadgets that Batman has, but it could be speculated that Joker has a 'latent' or 'hidden' superpower, that even he is not aware off (due to his insanity).

When you look back at all the times Joker has 'come back from the dead' (or narrowly missed death), ability to escape pretty much any situation when it takes his fancy, an incredibly good sense of timing (his highly convoluted 'plots' almost always seem to work out, despite the fact he is 'bat' TRIBBLE nuts. In addition to a (despite his insanity) an incredible level of intelligence in order to keep track of all the mental schemes he comes up with.

All of which is (as I mentioned) pure speculation, but perhaps the is power about Joker that even himself does not understand.

That said, the Joker in the new film reminds me more of a 'try hard' 'hipster', and compared to other Jokers, feels about as threatening as a damp teabag.
  • Options
    One the one hand, this doesn't look very good. On the other, at least it won't be as bad as Basic Instinct 2 :D

:D
  • Options

You could say the same about Batman, but even the most powerful metahumans have difficulty killing him. Granted Joker does not have all the fancy gadgets that Batman has, but it could be speculated that Joker has a 'latent' or 'hidden' superpower, that even he is not aware off (due to his insanity).

When you look back at all the times Joker has 'come back from the dead' (or narrowly missed death), ability to escape pretty much any situation when it takes his fancy, an incredibly good sense of timing (his highly convoluted 'plots' almost always seem to work out, despite the fact he is 'bat' TRIBBLE nuts. In addition to a (despite his insanity) an incredible level of intelligence in order to keep track of all the mental schemes he comes up with.

All of which is (as I mentioned) pure speculation, but perhaps the is power about Joker that even himself does not understand.

That said, the Joker in the new film reminds me more of a 'try hard' 'hipster', and compared to other Jokers, feels about as threatening as a damp teabag.
    This... Which is a shame, because as an actor, Jared Leto can do better...
  • Options
    How is Joker a threat worthy of the SS in the first place? Some of these guys are metahumans. Joker's a human, just shoot him in the head, problem solved.

Well Batman at least appears to be wearing armour. Joker looks like a member of the Village People as dressed by Tim Burton. It's not as though he's wearing any armour or even a mask.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Wait, are we sure that Joker is the villain here?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    No, I am thinking there is something more going on here. Why would they send all these guys against the Joker, I think he is doing his own thing, while the main group is doing theirs.