test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Make the Wholesaler at the Captain's Table sell the full list of commodities

There is a Wholesaler in the back room of the Captain's table. Currently, he sells a redundant array of low level gear. I would like to see him sell all ow the commodities in one place. Ideally, this would feature the discounts, but that is not necessary. Just being able to go to one place to buy all the commodities would make the Captain's table worth visiting - especially for Klingons.

Currently, I do not see a reason for people to go to the Captain's Table, as all of its features are available in your home system or Deep Space 9. You could also increase the item selection at the bar or something else, but a one stop shop for commodities would be worth the trip on its own.

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,526 Arc User
    That's a good idea, and would sell some Lifetime Subs for cryptic.

It's a pain to travel to multiple locations for fleet projects. Getting a discount would be icing on the cake.
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    That would be nice! Maybe also sell some of the food items you would normally need a special DOFF for, like Klingon blood-wine for the FED captans and Ferengi tube grubs and gree worms, etc...

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    there have been a lot of really good ideas like this one to make the captains table an actual useful place to visit, unfortunately cryptic have never felt the need to implement any of these good ideas.
    you can draw your own conclusions from that.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    This (and many other easy to implement ideas) have been put forth to make Captain's Table worthwhile. And nothing's been done for 6 yrs.

At the very least: It really should be the 'one stop shopping' place for LTSers. It's not like it'd be unfair to other players, they'd just have to travel around to get the same lowest prices.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    The Freighters (Tuffli & Suliban Cell) along with the Commodity Vendor that can be built in a T2? Embassy already fill this niche.

And, if memory serves, all three sell their wares "at the lowest prices available in the galaxy" - if Risa's got the "cheapest" seismic stabilizers, that's the rate the Tuffli guy sells them for... (at least that's how I remember it and why I got me a Tuffli on both my main Fed and my main KDF)

I'd be willing to say that if the Table's gonna become more of a mall than ESD, it'd need vendors that sold everything in the game - no more going to station X to buy ship part Mk Y - all marks all items are vendored at the Table... (and all vendors buy back at the "best" 50% return rate, if not a touch better)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]