test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Proposal: craftable rep weapons?

banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
Ever since the advent of Delta Rising and the new crafted weapons, the previously 'best' weapons from the rep systems have been far too underused and neglected, thanks to the (over)power of the crafted weapon mods... So why not make the rep weapons craftable?

My idea is that, once you reach Tier 5 in any rep project, you would unlock an additional project (for say, 100 marks and 3 'elite' marks) to gain crafting recipies for that reps weapons. The weapons would still have to me Mk XII VR to begin, but at least they would be able to have a chance at having the new tricks avaliable to keep them as relevant choices.

You would either need to be at least lvl 15 in the relevant R&D tree to be able to craft such 'special' weapons, or they could be added to the 'special projects' tab, which is used for very little outside the Omega event.
Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Like the idea but having the restriction of starting at mk12 VR wouldn't make them any more valid. Most rep store weapons are available with good stuff like CrtDx2, DMGx2, etc so wasting a whole lot of VR mats, components and dil just to craft them again is pretty pointless. And even then you'd still have a pretty good chance to get some unwanted mod configurations which is especially painfull and expensive when crafting mk12 stuff.

The reason why the fell behind so much (besides some types just having bad procs) is the upgrading system.
    Upgrading a mk12 to UR is not only potentially steep but also can lead to some real dissapointment in the end (looking at you ACC) whereas the crafted mk2 gear gets like 7 chances to jump to UR with only 1k dil investment and almost not costs to obtain them in the first place.
    That's why rep weapons took a step back and I highly doubt the will allow us to craft stuff like romplas, withering dis, bio pha/dis at mk2.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    banatine wrote: »
    Ever since the advent of Delta Rising and the new crafted weapons, the previously 'best' weapons from the rep systems have been far too underused and neglected, thanks to the (over)power of the crafted weapon mods... So why not make the rep weapons craftable?

My idea is that, once you reach Tier 5 in any rep project, you would unlock an additional project (for say, 100 marks and 3 'elite' marks) to gain crafting recipies for that reps weapons. The weapons would still have to me Mk XII VR to begin, but at least they would be able to have a chance at having the new tricks avaliable to keep them as relevant choices.

You would either need to be at least lvl 15 in the relevant R&D tree to be able to craft such 'special' weapons, or they could be added to the 'special projects' tab, which is used for very little outside the Omega event.
    Like the idea but having the restriction of starting at mk12 VR wouldn't make them any more valid. Most rep store weapons are available with good stuff like CrtDx2, DMGx2, etc so wasting a whole lot of VR mats, components and dil just to craft them again is pretty pointless. And even then you'd still have a pretty good chance to get some unwanted mod configurations which is especially painfull and expensive when crafting mk12 stuff.

The reason why the fell behind so much (besides some types just having bad procs) is the upgrading system.
    Upgrading a mk12 to UR is not only potentially steep but also can lead to some real dissapointment in the end (looking at you ACC) whereas the crafted mk2 gear gets like 7 chances to jump to UR with only 1k dil investment and almost not costs to obtain them in the first place.
    That's why rep weapons took a step back and I highly doubt the will allow us to craft stuff like romplas, withering dis, bio pha/dis at mk2.

The rep weapons can be left alone, with the exception of adding Omni-Directional and Wide Arc options (though I would like to see Romulan/Cardassian/Dominion space & ground sets, for the Omega rep, by the time of the next expansion). The lockbox weapons, however, should be given a R&D makeover.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png