test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Was there a patch today?

tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
I closed my game and the launcher opened back up to patch the game. A 3282MB down?
2016-04-05_19-20-40_zpsaugud2fo.jpg
Positive thoughts.
NeAC.gif

Comments

• Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Pre-Patching for the new season has begun, everyone who logs in then signs out will find a patch kick in upon exiting the game..
  • Options
    libertytreklibertytrek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    yup, i'm sitting here waiting for it to patch too, very uncommon, usually they wait for Thursdays at 6AM Pacific Time
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Last couple of season updates I recall were scheduled for Tuesdays (followed by a ton of fixes as large as the pre-patch on the regular Thursday patch), with pre-patching being a week before.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    In my experience, it is a common method :smile:

The files of the content update are released early but are stored separately from the live game files until they are needed.

Sooo technically, if you allowed it to patch all the way, you already have (most of?) the files for S11.5 :smile: The patcher just has to move them into position on release day, thus making the actual patching on your end more snappy next Tuesday.

But its primary purpose is to reduce the load on the patch servers :smile:

It's kinda like... prepping your breakfast for next morning and putting it in the fridge before actually going to bed, if that's a good analogy :smile:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."