test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spike Kill or just bad luck?

Is this a spike kill or just bad luck?

Of the 43 plays through of Breach (Normal), this was only the second death and the only one that occurred with a "Full Health and then No Health" kind of death. Not important, but the numbers don't seem like a spike kill, but the death sure was quick.

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Just several things lining up to kill you in the Swiss Cheese model of "TRIBBLE Happens." Bad luck.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    Not to mention, on some settings, the shield graphics showing how storng yoru shields are.... is actually off. so it might seem like you have full shields when its empty,. i have seen my display switch between full to just a sliver of red left, several times a second at times in the breech.
  • davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    the dread targets healers with big hits of sth.
    your shields may be depleted and not showing, cause theres a ui bug, that shows depleted hsields as full again.
    sometimes the dmg of transphasic spread3 is behind/before the animation.

basically its bad luck, ive had it some time too.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, Tovan probably was pining about his sister again, Nelin was really a Voth saboteur, and Seven was under the control of the Collective so your Bridge Officers could not/did not help you at all. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    davideight wrote: »
    the dread targets healers with big hits of sth.
    your shields may be depleted and not showing, cause theres a ui bug, that shows depleted hsields as full again.
    sometimes the dmg of transphasic spread3 is behind/before the animation.

basically its bad luck, ive had it some time too.
    Also if you hold still it will some times nail you with a flurry of spatial charges.... if you're REALLY unlucky, you can accidentally fly into a volley of spatial charges fired at a different player. Also on rare occasions the AI will hit you with spatial charges and a tractor beam or grav well.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg