test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who attacks who?

Has anyone developed a matrix showing which NPC Groups will attack each other and which will remain neutral to each other?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I don't have a nice table but I do have a rule of thumb: everyone attacks everyone except for when they fall into the friendly/hostile rules of a player faction (FED/KDF species, which matters more for the various KDF client factions). The exception to these are the rogue groups (who attack everyone regardless) and recently added allies (republic, collective, benthan) who I believe are friendly to both FED and KDF species.

If all else fails, test, but I haven't yet encountered an unexpected rule where, for hypothetical example, the Tholians have signed a non-aggression treaty with the Hirogen and the Borg now consider Cardassians their new BFF's. It should be largely intuitive.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I've found that to be generally true as well. Even so, a reference might come in handy for this. After all, there's little point in reinventing the wheel :)
    Post edited by theyredeadjim on
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I can confirm that the Benthans are friendly to the standard Klingon groups.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    Elachi, Iconian Heralds, the Tal Shair Romulans, and Vaudwar will not fight eachother.
    Why do I still play and put money into STO?
    The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    In the past there have been some rather illogical exceptions, Voth and Devidians come to mind.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg