test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Saucer Separation console and Fedaration T6 flagships

Does anyone know if you can run the Saucer Separation console on the Fedaration T6 flagships? I've tried looking this up online but can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Yes you can use any of the old flag ship consoles on the new ones.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    When using the Aquirus console on the T6 flagships does it use the old Aquirus or the new Callistos?
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    When using the Aquirus console on the T6 flagships does it use the old Aquirus or the new Callistos?

It uses the Aquarius, still.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Yes you can use any of the old flag ship consoles on the new ones.

Thank you for your reply and the answer
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I wish the old T5 console set (which I believe consensus states is under-powered for using up 3 slots) had gotten a 'combo console' when T6 came out that you could buy with Dil that gave all the T5 console powers. I like the special consoles, but now the flagships have 7 consoles and since they are under-powered that's a huge hit in possible dps or durability or etc...

Even if the 'combo console' didn't have the set bonuses I'd be happy with that.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I personally would rather see things like the saucer/chevron-separation ability be a base-line ability of the ships that can use these consoles, while the using the console gives a further buff to the ability such as the separated pets gain addition abilities or stats. Will say I agree that it would be nice to have a varying number of ship-class specific console slots, which only can take console specific to that ship or ship-class/type. Like Galaxy class console that are restricted to just that class of ship, though issue would be that than everyone would use the consoles regardless as they would be free to slot. I could see that maybe thee ship-class console slots might only allow you access to the activated ability from the console, or ones that affect console abilities that are activated, but other more generic buffs are not active an allow the console to be counted for the set.
  • maelwy5maelwy5 Member Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I wish the old T5 console set (which I believe consensus states is under-powered for using up 3 slots)

The old T5 Ody Console set is pretty bad as a 3-set, but it's OK as a 2-set.
    I've been using Work Bees and Chevron Seperation on the T6 Odys recently and they're still pretty handy.

The 2-set bonus grants +1 Turn rate and some +Hull/+Armor/+EPS as well as a recharge buff to the Ody set powers. The 3-set bonus just gives the Saucer Seperation pet its own version of Worker Bees and a copy of Gravity Well. The former is sometimes used intelligently, but not often enough to be useful.

All the T5 Consoles work exactly the same on the T6 Odys as they do on the T5 Odys.

For the uninitiated/curious:

You can't use the Aquarius and Chevron Seperation at the same time, and the Aquarius is frankly pants (it has DHCs, but the AI is rubbish and can't keep things in its forward Arc. It's also very Fragile). Chevron Seperation however is a major turn rate/speed boost to your space whale, and the 2-set bonus means it'll be up often enough to be useful (if the Saucer is destroyed, you'll usually forceably rejoin which will trigger the ability Cooldown - although sometimes it bugs if you're far enough away from it and you'll end up Saucerless until you warp out!)

As a pet, the saucer is slow and low-damage and doesn't trigger it's Tractor Beam very often, but at least with Beam arrays it can actually hit stuff. It doesn't automatically rebalance its shields so you'll need to throw it the occasional heal, but it's not hugely fragile and doesn't draw much aggro. Even without any healing it usually doesn't die until it gets caught in several warp core breaches.

Work Bees are actually pretty decent if you're not constantly being AoE'ed. They're up every ~45s with the 2-set bonus (same as Hazard Emitters) but they're not affected by AUX which makes them a decent top-up heal for an Aux2Bat build. They give slightly more healing than Hazard Emitters 1 does at full AUX (13k vs 12k), just spread out over their entire duration instead of front-loaded into 15s... and they clean Engineering Debuffs and restore disabled subsystems. Although untargetable they can be killed by splash damage, but there are 4 of them and you can just pop a fresh set every ~45 seconds. It does no harm to just keep them up constantly - either on you or an ally.

That said, I'd not be opposed to a buff for the T5 versions since the new T6 Console Set is vastly superior to the T5 set:
    The 2-set is a +3 Turn Rate Bonus and +2% Crit Rate buff.
    The 3-set is +10% Damage (Cat1) and +2500 Temp HP when your shields are down which stacks 3 times.

The 4-set (needs the Krenim Console) isn't worth it, but the 2-set and 3-set bonuses definitely are. Especially since all three consoles are actually extremely useful too.
    [ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]