test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's Left for Winter Event Rewards?

I think we've just about exhausted the list of Breen ships in STO, which I am murderously sure of because of all the Deferi grinding I did in Season 5. So I'm wondering if Cryptic is going to create new Breen ships, recycle old ones, or is it just going to be Snowman Hunting Simulator for the entire event?

Comments

• fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    We'll get something for sure.. They get creative, look at the nandi that came out of bloody nowhere for last years summer event.. We were all expecting some kind of risian science hybrid
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    T6 version of one of the two earlier Breen ships. The warship or the raider.
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    hanover2 wrote: »

That's not a bad idea at all, actually. Those that didn't have access to the first releases could finally acquire them. Here's an add-on to the idea:

"This is a chance for players who don't have the Chel Grett, or Plesh Brek in their roster to obtain them. This time around, they come equipped with T6 stats.

Upon completing the event mission, you will have the option to choose between a T6 Chel Grett or T6 Plesh Brek account-wide unlock. Upon completing it twice, you will have the option of choosing both for an account-wide unlock. This event mission can be used on more than one character, concurrently.

Those who have already acquired the previous T5 versions of the Chel Grett and/or Plesh Brek will receive account-wide T6 upgrade tokens for both ships upon completing the event once."

A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    The Plesh would be nice for anyone who only has the carrier with no way to get the frigate pets.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    Arent there also 3 capital ships ??
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    What's left for Winter rewards?

Anything they care to put in.

That's not a bad idea at all, actually. Those that didn't have access to the first releases could finally acquire them.

Wrong. They could just get the new version and still be forever missing the original one. And old players would get yet another minor stat tweak of an existing ship. No thanks.
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

That's not a bad idea at all, actually. Those that didn't have access to the first releases could finally acquire them.

Wrong. They could just get the new version and still be forever missing the original one. And old players would get yet another minor stat tweak of an existing ship. No thanks.

^Ouch.

a) Why would they want the original version anyway?
    b) The T5 versions are still pretty good. T5->T5U->T6 isn't a minor stat. It adds an extra console, plus stats.

A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

^Ouch.

a) Why would they want the original version anyway?
    b) The T5 versions are still pretty good. T5->T5U->T6 isn't a minor stat. It adds an extra console, plus stats.

a) Admiralty card, console.
    b) T5U->T6 adds a starship trait, maybe a boff spec seat and basically nothing else.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    traits and spec seats are a big deal though. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    i think it very likely they will design a completely new ship not yet seen this could mean breen ships they will invent from scratch or they could redesign a T6 version of one of the previous T5 ships similar to how they redesigned the 1000day subscription T5 ships to their T6 counterparts, they will look significantly different to the T5 counterparts enough to make them truly unique in their right.
    if they do release T6 versions of the T5 ships i think it very unlikely they will put both ships up for grabs in the same year, more likely to release one this year and one next year.
    it will also be highly doubtful they will come with the same console as their T5 counterparts if they do this.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    traits and spec seats are a big deal though. :p

That's on top of a new console and likely other statistic improvements, i.e. more hull is a common feature of a T5->T6 improvement that most people around here miss. The T6 Flagships in particular got a large boost in hull and an unprecedented improvement for ship handling stats, where other conversions before didn't get handling improvements.

The traits you mentioned can potentially be a big deal. Some people will get a ship only because of the trait.

The specializations give more build options that the T5 versions have absolutely ZERO way of replicating. Throw in the T6 version having +1 BOFF skill total, it's not even a contest.

The gaps are there, whether people want to believe it or not and bury their heads in a hole in the ground clinging to a game that ceased to exist when Delta Rising came out.
    XzRTofz.gif
    A Breen chaos fighter might be fun, we've never gotten a small craft.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I predict the event will reward....

A Breen shuttlecraft.

Either that or virtual fluffy socks to keep your toon's feet warm.
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    T6 Cargo ship the tuffli or whatever

what?...
    What I've wanted for years is for them to move the event to Andoria and start giving us Andorian ships.​​

Andorians are Feds, so that won't work for KDF.

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    breen boffs, breen race unlock... or at least the suit as a uniform, the fighter. a gun that shoot winter epohhs.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    they can always do T6 versions of the raider and warship... also a real science ship.
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    bones1970 wrote: »
    Arent there also 3 capital ships ??

they are versions of the rezreth
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
    edited March 2016
    Andorians are a core race in Star Trek. More love for the blue warrior people could only serve to make the galaxy of Star Trek Online a deeper, richer, and more interesting and immersive place to be.​​

The Cardassian revamp showed them a little love, but sadly we could not actually go inside The Blue Antenna ;)

I'd like access to T6 Andorian ships, but I don't expect to see them any time soon.
  • p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Summer had a Ferengi ship. They might do something completely new. Actually what are we getting for Summer event this time?
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • whisperorwhisperor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    What I've wanted for years is for them to move the event to Andoria and start giving us Andorian ships.​​
    5a8.gif

What I've wanted for years is for them to move the event to Andoria and start giving us Andorian ships.

Andorians are Feds, so that won't work for KDF.

Why not? KDF and the Federation are allies now, there's no issue with allowing them to visit a specified portion of Andoria especially if Q is still involved. What moving it would accomplish is to give people a reason to go to Andoria and a persistent "Winter Resort" map based on the current one only larger would be an excellent addition to the game. People still use Risa year round in limited numbers, and some things could come and go with Q (the Gingerbread village, Snorg battle area, etc) as well as the event NPCs while other things such as an enlarged ice skating lake / rink and race course along with some resort amenities (and maybe a ski slope and snowboard course!) could remain year round. Imagine a nice lodge with a fire and such in the style of an alpine resort characters could sit around with a large fur rug sipping hot raktajino and such. Moreover, the move could be an opportunity to move beyond generic "winter xmas" stuff like snowmen and gingerbread people and tie in some real Star Trek lore. Ice caves! Hunting holographic beasts from Andorian legend. Traditional Andorian activities. Make it more Trek and less generic holiday special.

As to the ships, Andorian ships aren't Starfleet vessels. If we can fly all kinds of different alien and enemy ships, why not Andorian ones? Maybe they're trying to preserve and to an extent re-invigorate their shipbuilding facilities and expertise. It makes as much sense if not more so than flying Breen ships when they're still the enemy of Starfleet and the KDF both!

Andorians are a core race in Star Trek. More love for the blue warrior people could only serve to make the galaxy of Star Trek Online a deeper, richer, and more interesting and immersive place to be.​​
    Personally, I always thought the The Q Winter wonderland always took placed on the Breen's Homeworld; Q just invites himself to set up shop once a year (much to the locals annoyance >:) ).
    Anyway....
    dca.gif

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I predict for the 2016 Winter event we will get the Risian yellow sub Science ship we have been dying to get from the Summer event.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!