test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

looking for a rp fleet that's a little different

ussjohnbrownussjohnbrown Member Posts: 159 Arc User
Not interested in playing a regular officer. However she might become one in time.

Possible roles, freighter cap., privateer, liason to reman resistance, bajoran militia or intel., kdf liason, maco or tac exchange with one of the above, colonist or something else?

Here is her biography:

Born in the year 2357, on a Romulan penal colony.

Her father Rogh, a Klingon, was condemned to a life sentence in 2348. Sentenced to hard labor in a Romulan penal colony.

Her mother T'ael was convicted of espionage and crimes against the State, due to her involvement with what was to become the Reunification Movement. She was sent to the same penal colony in 2355.

Father: In the 3270s, details emerged of links between the House of Duras and the Romulan Empire. After the Romulan Empire joined the war against the dominion in 3274, information was obtained showing details of that relationship with House of Duras. Various details reveals this likely explanation for Rogh's incarceration.

As a young man Rogh tried unsuccessfully to become a warrior, his family were farmers and considered to lowly. Because it was a time of peace, few opportunities existed in the klingon empire to rise above his caste. Despite this a noble woman, Bhkel chose him as a mate. A spurned suitor Ghark'n, a minor warrior of the house of Duras, began a feud with Rogh over this in 2345. In 2346 Ghark'n arranged for Bhkel, to be at Khitomer, she was killed in the Romulan attack. He threatened to have Rogh's parents killed if he didn't allow himself to be given over to the Romulans. Shortly after he was imprisoned.

Mother: Not much is know she graduated from the Vulcan Science Academy. At some point after 2345 she was suspected of working covertly in Romulan space towards Reunification efforts with Vulcan. She was imprisoned for this activity and interrogated. She became pregnant during an episode of pon farr. Tal Shiar operatives oversaw interrogation efforts and Tal Shiar scientists assisted with the birth using the child as a pawn to further efforts to break T'ael and gain information about Reunifcation members and Federation involvement with Reunifcation efforts.

T'Karik: She escaped aboard a freighter in 2369.

By 2372 its known she was living among colonists in the Federation-Cardassian DMZ.

By 2371, intelligence reports indicate she was active in the Maquis resistance and went underground in early 2372, and most likely was part of Jarro Eilat's cell (former Starfleet officer Commander Jarro).

By the end of 2373, the Dominion backed Cardassian military had successfully destroyed most of the Maquis, Jarro was killed, but the cell was one of a few that continued to function.

By 2374, what remained of the cell was absorbed into the Klingon Defense Force units conducting strategic operations in the dmz and
Cardassian territory.

In early 2375 she was captured along with her unit during a raid on Cardassian supply lines and handed over to the Cardassian Intelligence Bureau. She was presumed dead.

In late 2409, a raid on a True Way compound by Bajoran forces discovered her and 183 others in stasis. The compound has been an interrogation center for the Cardassian Intelligence Bureau. Following the destruction of Cardassia Prime and dissolution of the Intelligence Bureau, records were deleted, destroyed and lost, including the existence and location of the compound.

The True Way discovered the compound in 2408. They were in the process of identifying and inventorying the prisoners for possible intelligence value when the raid occured.

Id be willing to change date she was found... If she was to be found as part of a rp story.

I have limited time in game, however Id prefer in game rp, events, foundry etc with forum support. I do have plenty of time to assist with organizational or story work. Id be happy with a reoccuring guest role as well.

Comments

• chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Sounds like a pretty well-rounded character to me! Hit up Datlh'LaH@bentiller if you're interested in an RP fleet called the Order of the Watchmen - we have a recruiting thread in the Qo'noS section with more information and links.

The Order has a fairly sizeable group of Romulans in it, and we run character-based stories that centre exactly on things like honour and service. We have some regular RP times with good attendance, plus we do the forum-based RP you mentioned.
  • ussjohnbrownussjohnbrown Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I looked its interesting... Cant find a basic "the setting" or backround info summary... Can you point me somewhere?
    Ah, we're a bit of an old fleet, so we have an ongoing storyline.

For some reason, the forum here doesn't like me linking to our website's host (competing forum brand?? I don't know). So on our website head to Forum, then under the Role Playing heading check Watchmen Canon Timeline. It's a long, but worthwhile read.

But for the basics in-character: the Order is a fleet devoted to Klingon honour, and we feel that the Empire has lost its way somewhat over the years. We are an elite combat unit with skilled warriors who have experiences to share from throughout recent Klingon history. We have a starbase from which we conduct our operations, as well as allies who we can call upon when needed (the other fleet holding maps are other specific IC locations - makes for fun setting changes). Even though there are new threats that will follow the Iconians (ex. we have a storyline where we're currently fighting the next 'big bad'), our leaders know their responsibilities to teaching traditional Klingon ways, and guiding young warriors (so your character can be met with "Well, he's not honourable... yet. Time to prove themselves."). This can take us to sacred hunting grounds (like a Foundry map made by one of our members, great RP location), or simply bringing young warriors into battle with seasoned veterans (good 'ol bridge RP).
    edited February 2016
    Well is this more like klingon special ops, or legendary Viking pirate biker gang? Is it defending turf, looking for booty and conquest or is it more like defending the universe the klingon way?
    Also how strong a relationship do you have with the fed fleet... Are you adversaries or allies?
    edited February 2016
    Definitely more of the latter - the Klingon way and maintaining honour in an Empire that's going through a lot of changes right now. STO's lore littered the Klingons with a lot of political shifts, including new leadership and vassal states, so we play that out on a grander scale as well as the individual.

For example, the Orion in my signature below was born just before the Orions joined the Empire. She's faced prejudice and some claims that she couldn't be a warrior, but she's proven herself enough to rise through the ranks and earn the respect of the Order's leaders. It's been a fun journey, and I gather that's the type of thing your character's looking to go through too.

The Feds? We play it much as it's been hinted at in the storyline missions. The average Klingon is kinda wary of the Federation, but accepts them as needed allies. Out-of-character, we do cross-faction RP between the fleets pretty regularly where it makes sense in our story to do so.
    The reason i ask is shes all honor and no glory or conquest... She thinks thats its ignorent... But she thinks the feds often take the polite way out when dealing with opressive tyrants.
    So i could see her working with the order on specific missions that are just and fair... Specially tal shiar or true way.
    Whats your relationship with the romulans?
    We have Romulans that are either working with, or full members of, the Order in-character. OOC, yeah we have lots of Romulan players who walk the balance between Klingon and Romulan cultural norms. So overall good.
    I put in an app... And because i actually have to versions of this charecter, kdf and rom-fed, i'm interested in playing some riding the fence. Id like to talk to someone about introducing her and how... If it makes sense for her to be found by bajorans with kdf help and to rp with her just being found or after she's been around a while. It makes sense for her to come in as part of a true way, tal shiar, or bajoran plotline.
    Glad to hear you applied! I'll tell the fleet leaders to keep an eye out for it, and we'll catch you in-game.
    Well this is the only other issue... My schedule is on weekends and Monday nights... Usually late like midnight or later.