test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you pay 500 zen to use a Lockbox ship on an ALT?

2»

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I've always thought lockbox and lobi ship's should be account unlocks like event ship's. There's a lot of lockbox and lobi ship's that I have on my main character that I never use anymore that would be nice on an alt. Instead they correct dust.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • f0xef0xe Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Cryptic please take my money =D
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Anything to make a lockbox ship worth using and not selling.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Yes, at that price of course. 500 zen is nothing in this game when you can farm dilithium on multiple characters.

But I'm not sure how realistic the price is. As in it is low for what Cryptic would lose from having to unlock it on each character separately. That is a lot of keys not being sold if someone wants it on more than one character.

Realisticly I doubt they'd ever price it that low.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I'd pay it gladly.
    huskerklg wrote: »
    Yes, at that price of course. 500 zen is nothing in this game when you can farm dilithium on multiple characters.

But I'm not sure how realistic the price is. As in it is low for what Cryptic would lose from having to unlock it on each character separately. That is a lot of keys not being sold if someone wants it on more than one character.

Realisticly I doubt they'd ever price it that low.

I have spent a lot of monetary resources on Lockbox ships for my Main. Personally I'm not willing to spend the same amount on my alts. Thus that's money I'm not spending on alts. If Cryptic were to offer a 5$ cost for me to use a lockbox ship that I initially spent 150 keys to get that would be worth my money. But I'm not spending another $150 - $300 to get a lockbox ship for an alt and I'm betting there are a lot of other people like me.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    You guys are on crack to pay even more money to use a ship after you've already paid for it.

Isn't that how fleet modules work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    I would pay a thousand Zen, no, TWO! *throws money at screen*.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
    I would pay a thousand Zen, no, TWO! *throws money at screen*.

LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    f0xe wrote: »
    I have spent a lot of monetary resources on Lockbox ships for my Main. Personally I'm not willing to spend the same amount on my alts. Thus that's money I'm not spending on alts. If Cryptic were to offer a 5$ cost for me to use a lockbox ship that I initially spent 150 keys to get that would be worth my money. But I'm not spending another $150 - $300 to get a lockbox ship for an alt and I'm betting there are a lot of other people like me.

Same here. But there are others that do. Doesn't change the fact that 500 is low for the huge benefit it would be. I doubt it would be anything less than half the price of an equivalent from the Zen Store.

500 zen is nothing. A week of dilithium farming and trading for zen on 4-5 characters. I'd say 1500 is more than a reasonable starting point.