test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Narcine question

timonicustimonicus Member Posts: 89 Arc User
I am currently saving up for a narcine dreadnought, it has 10 consoles slots, which the t 5u does it get an extra one?

Comments

• Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    Wiki says its eng.
  • Options
    Thank you, will keep saving up for it then
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Good choice! If you are a carrier lover like me then you will be very satisified with the Narcine. It's BOFF layout and turn rate are splendid. The Mobulai Friagates may not be the greatest or fastest of frigates, but they can certainly tank and they do still hit pretty hard.

You really picked a great tactical carrier and there are two other carriers with similiar BOFF layout. Namely the Jemhadar Dreadnought and the Iconian Vonph Dreadnought. The first one has identical layout to the Narcine but is vastly outperformed by the aquatic ship in terms of mobility. The Vonph, however, outperforms the Narcine when it comes to both BOFF layout and starship trait. The Iconian ship also has among the very best (if not the best) frigates. They come with 3 arrays and transphasic torpedo (best for pets) and can ram targets. But yes, you picked a jack of all trades type of carrier.
  • Options
    admiraljaneway1admiraljaneway1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Ah, the dart in the sky. Before Vonph this was my favorite not just because of its layout but its design. Out of all the carriers that you can get this one is the sleekest looking. And the Mobius frigates are extremely tanky and pack a fairly serious punch. All in all if you have the credits get this carrier you will not regret it. :)
  • Options
    Thanks, how do the mobulai frigates compare to the breen plesh brek pets? I have both the Sarr Theln and the the other breen dreadnought, both good ships, but a bit of tankiness and more weapons are what I am after in a carrier, which is why the narcine seems like a good choice, I am an engineer captain if it makes any difference.
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    I do not have much experience with the Plesh Brek pets but if they are anything similiar to the Callisto pet (Jupiter carrier) or the Elachi Qualsh Frigate (Sheshar), then I would have to say the Mobulai are better. This for the simple fact that most if not all cannon hangar pets are fairly lacking compared to beam oriented pets. The Mobulai frigates come with dual beam banks, quantum torpedo (transphasic is preferable...) and mines. They also come with a cascade ability (resonating shockwaves), and when combined with their mines the Mobulai are a deadly force to be reckoned with up close.

They truly shine in close range and provide excellent support when enemies flock around them like the second stage in Greth'or with all the gateways. Their cascades and mines kill such groups splendidly in such scenarios. Also, while not beam arrays their dual beam banks still have wider targeting arc than cannons which makes them more ideal as pets than let's say Plesh Brek Frigates.

And no, your class makes no real difference when it comes to flying ships. The only thing you are missing out on is, for example, Attack Pattern Alpha from the tactical class. Other than that you can pick any ship you want. The key to being able to fly whatever ship you want is to practically get gear that enhances general stats rather than class oriented stats. The next step is getting three BOFFs of each class and giving them all the abilities ranging Tier 1 and Tier 4. This allows you slot BOFFs and adapt them to the layout of the ship.

The Narcine's biggest advantage and strong suit is its mobility. This is one of the sole reasons to get it if you love carriers.
  • Options
    Good to know, thanks, the Plesh breks are ok, but yeah I think beam frigates are better, the extra fore weapon on the narcine should help increase my dps compared to sarr theln