test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[New Skills] Additional Description in the Tooltips

Hi Devs. Firstly, thank you for putting quite a bit of effort and work into the new system, and pushing it onto tribble for a public test is welcome.

I've just put my first character through the Tutorial on Tribble and I noticed two things:

1) Even though you earn skill points at the mid point (before Assimilation of the Innocent), the skill tree doesnt exist - indeed, it cannot be accessed until the end of the tutorial. Presumably this is deliberate so as to not overload new players with info, but if it isnt deliberate then I thought I'd mention it.

2) The first run-through of the tooltips could make it a bit clearer that you dont need to fill out all of the items in the immediately above tree (branches?) - indeed, even switching professions completely - as you level up. This is particularly the case with the Ground tree, which if you briefly look at it you'd assume that you'd need to complete the skills in the top group before moving to the bottom group.

I think this could be addressed in text via an additional tooltip, and possibly in the GUI by making any skill that you are capable of clicking on glowing green (or something). This would remove the doubt that new players will bring to the game, particularly if they're more familiar with traditional trees.

Comments

• nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I'm all for non-intrusive visual clarification like that :).